PDA

View Full Version : Artists Block

GuMmYBeAr!
Dec 28, 2001, 07:29 PM
<block>

anyone? ...ideas?........please?

Cobra
Dec 28, 2001, 07:55 PM
Music! I suggest LoTR soundtrack, or Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon soundtrack.

VeggieMan
Dec 28, 2001, 09:33 PM
I suggest drawing a Game Cube and see what happens after that.. If that does'nt work there is always.... Hockey.. Watch Hockey!... WORLD JR's ARE PLAYING GO CANADA GO!

Captain Spam
Dec 29, 2001, 03:59 AM
I dunno, with me, artist's block can only be directly related to writer's block, as I have a hard time drawing something that's 'just there'. I have a hard time making something WITHOUT giving it personality and character, so if I don't have a plot or something, I get stuck.

But, that doesn't help you. :-)

The main trick, I would suppose, is to not think of it as something to draw. Think of something to create instead. Like a character, or a new object of sorts or something. Don't worry about drawing it until you feel comfortable with it. Then it should come naturally. Whatever 'it' is.

Monolith
Dec 29, 2001, 06:08 PM
Get a comic book and start drawing what you see in it.

GuMmYBeAr!
Dec 29, 2001, 06:39 PM
I have trouble creating a new character right now... I hate it. ;p
Cobbie tried to help meeeeee but but it didnt work out very well u.u

Newspaz
Dec 30, 2001, 02:54 AM
I expected this an Art forum, not another forum that Tyffie can spam...

Cobra
Dec 30, 2001, 09:40 AM
She is merely asking a question regarding something all artists go through.

Spaz Boy
Dec 30, 2001, 02:14 PM
Here's an idea. Take a bunch of your favorite games, and start making one big joined ultimate game. Draw Windows XP in its true form. (Just an idea...) Draw what you see outside, then mess around with colors and shading. Draw a scene from the Titanic. Draw...gah...all I can think of is my brother playing the 1st person shooter game next to me...I'll give some more drawing ideas later.

Hehe, new forum...new signature. HEhehehehehehe

BæÅüMàÑ
Dec 30, 2001, 07:05 PM
u mention a new character, as if ur creating an adventure or comic of some sort (not a stick figure movie :D), so watcha need, tis a story writer :) or an inspirationalist :D

GuMmYBeAr!
Dec 30, 2001, 07:51 PM
are yah laffin at my stick figure movie? *Glares*

GuMmYBeAr!
Jan 4, 2002, 11:14 AM
I draw anthromorphics ;p .. but I need some inspiration or somethin'... I drew Tric (yah.. ugly bunnyfemale like wif spikey hair.. Y'know. Cobbie has it hosted somewhereeeee.) with um. . . . a big fireshword (not yah, shword. ;p) n ridin a dragon o.O But since I can't draw dragons.. Imagine. ;p the pic sucks anyhow.

Wild Angel
Jan 7, 2002, 02:48 AM
I suck at dragons, even though my harddrive is cluttered full of pictures of them >.<
Tyff, I'm sure they're fine. You should see mine... plus I kinda have an artists block...

I want to draw Wild Angel, black fur, gold hair, black pants, blue shirt, blue eyes, holding a broad sword. I can draw swords really good (maybe because I own one?) but I can't really draw furrys well...

Lama
Jan 7, 2002, 04:39 AM
Have you tried drawing the Beau, the future football star (if he doesn't become a programmer) or JeffK, the l33tmeister or John, the Shadow creature that strikes terror in CStrike or that Ax Guy who's king of the dance pad?

I've already seen you make a drawing of the <strike>Rock</strike> Ryu so I didn't suggest him.

GuMmYBeAr!
Jan 7, 2002, 10:34 AM
lol.....SHH LAMA!!
...I was plannin on drawin evewyonee hereee. and and... Wif wildie's description I WILL draw her. *wags her tail* ....but but.. I need more stuff.. WILDIE! TELL ME MORE! and I ...I... will draw yu. n.n

oh and lamah, I drew yah. ;p heheheh I drew shword 2!!!

Lama
Jan 7, 2002, 04:12 PM
Cool. :)

Wild Angel
Jan 7, 2002, 07:58 PM
I can try to give you a slight sketch sometime... but here is some stuff to feed the imagination. ^-^

Black fur, aqua blue eyes, muscular build, gold wavy hair... (natural appearance)
Black leather pants, and a gold tank top, or a red half-sleeve, whatever works ^-^ holding a broadsword down against the ground.... paralell (I can't remember how to spell it, grr)

GuMmYBeAr!
Jan 8, 2002, 08:33 AM
okah.. *waggles her tail* I will try ta dwaw evewyone.. iif dey post wat dey luk like. o.O

POSH*spits*T!
teheh.. sowwy. ;p

*goes off to draw wildie and PW*