PDA

View Full Version : Wierd Stuff.

JanusJackrabbit
Jan 5, 2002, 03:41 PM
I've noticed some wierd things about Jazz2(other than the usual).:roll:

Spike bolls can be shot of.
There's a couple of secret levels that were never used.
The secret level SECRET LEVEL (diamsecr.j2l) has a strange event called DON'T USE! in it.
The debris that falls when the queen boss stomps is actualy an enemy and can be stomped.
And there are lots of areas in the game that are impossible(without cheats) to get to.

There's probably more but I just wanted to tell you this.
Anything else?:confused:

Violet CLM
Jan 5, 2002, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by JanusJackrabbit
I've noticed some wierd things about Jazz2(other than the usual).:roll:

Spike bolls can be shot of.

Hoo boy, I've known that for ages. Amazingly useful. Spike Bolls may be the only thing that can be programmed and generate at the same time. It merely sets every value to the generating speed.

There's a couple of secret levels that were never used.

REALLY? I could have sworn that was common knowledge.. guess not.

The secret level SECRET LEVEL (diamsecr.j2l) has a strange event called DON'T USE! in it.

DON'T USE! is how events that don't do anything appear in JCS. (Other then the listed ones that don't work) Related is the "Generator" event which isn't listet but actually works. I'll leave it to you, shall I?
Oh, right. One other DON'T USE! tidbit. Event number 243 (I think), when generating, is an Airboard SCE. It acts just the same as an Airboard, except you can set its generating speed!! That's right, you can get it to generate every second or whatever the minimum speed is. Sadly, only works in single player. It would be great for multiplayer.

The debris that falls when the queen boss stomps is actualy an enemy and can be stomped.

And Uppercutted, and Frozen, and sent flying by TNT, and Sidekicked.... yawn.

And there are lots of areas in the game that are impossible(without cheats) to get to.

Debatable. List a few.

There's probably more but I just wanted to tell you this.

Anything else?

Possibly. I'm not in a thinking mood right now though.

:confused:

JanusJackrabbit
Jan 6, 2002, 11:46 AM
Look at the top left corner in one of the labrat levels. There is an area that has gems that you can't get.

EvilMike
Jan 6, 2002, 12:02 PM
That's not true

Violet CLM
Jan 6, 2002, 01:28 PM
First, if you don't already have some, get some bouncy from the right side of the conveyor belt, then get back to solid ground.

Shoot the wall to your left (The greenish one) with Bouncy. After one hit, it should become a Bouncy block. Second hit destroys it.

Go through the hole. You will get the gems, and be bounced up to the coins.

JanusJackrabbit
Jan 6, 2002, 03:57 PM
Hmm. Thanks, I didn't know that.
One more thing. At Overlords site it says that there is a jazz boss MCE but when I tried to use it I got access violations. Is there a way to use it?

Violet CLM
Jan 6, 2002, 10:47 PM
Which Jazz Boss? The one you get when you mix Devan (Robot Boss) with Tweedle (I haven't tried this, but someone else said it) or the one in SXR? (I loved that one)

JanusJackrabbit
Jan 7, 2002, 02:37 PM
It was in the list of MCE's at Stronghold Jazz. How do I use it?
If there is no way, how do I use the others?

Kaz
Jan 7, 2002, 04:21 PM
You can kill bosses before you see them =>
Freeze gem rings and kill the server.
The blade gun looks a lot like spaz's running shoes.
Stuff.

EvilMike
Jan 7, 2002, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Unknown Rabbit
Which Jazz Boss? The one you get when you mix Devan (Robot Boss) with Tweedle (I haven't tried this, but someone else said it) or the one in SXR? (I loved that one)

I have. In fact, I think I discovered it :P. I don't know if that is true though.

Anyway, all you do is add a tweedle boss (or any other boss of that matter, I just chose tweedle because it is invisible) and plop a robot boss devan somewhere. What happens is that a weird jazz boss appears. It shoots out other jazzes when you hit it and floods your screen with even more when killed. The only problem is it dissapears when you go near it.

JanusJackrabbit
Jan 8, 2002, 06:38 AM
How do I use the one in SXR?

Violet CLM
Jan 8, 2002, 12:03 PM
I am fairly sure you use MCE number 200, and go through an activate boss. Of course, some arenas might work better then others.

JanusJackrabbit
Jan 8, 2002, 03:17 PM
I tried that and I got access violations. Is that the the one used in SXR?

defalcon
Jan 8, 2002, 05:33 PM
I thought you did the MCE and put in the activate boss, but you needed a crate, didn't you? Carrot Crate, extra event 200

JanusJackrabbit
Jan 8, 2002, 07:13 PM
Huh?:confused: