PDA

View Full Version : JCS kit

RosetaJOL
Jan 8, 2002, 04:45 AM
I am making a JCS kit.
And it will include some things such as a .level tutorial,
.Tilesettutorial
.Tileset templates

and some other stuff. It seems that I am the only person who thought of this..cause ppl seem to think its a good idea but knowone has thought of it mabye.

Link
Jan 8, 2002, 05:47 AM
Well just make sure the tutorials are very good and the templates work (test them by actually making a tileset with them and compiling it). You may also want to include some palettes (the original JJ2 palette, as well as a textured background example).

And for the tutorials, no one paragraph stuff. You should explain it in great detail and have lots of pictures/screenshots and examples. I would recommend making it in Microsoft Word. And then when you are done, get someone else to read over it and make sure they can understand it and they would be able to make a tileset with it.

For the level tutorial, I don't know...Maybe make it more of a JCS tutorial. Because I know that sometimes your levels aren't the best...

Ice M A N
Jan 8, 2002, 06:43 AM
Yes.. I've made lots of tileset tutorials in my day, Onag has made tileset templates (both grids and common tiles), and jcsref was supposed to have all those and the level tutorials and whatnot. jcsref is still in the works, but.. you know.. we're slow. :P

It's a good idea. Go for it if you think you can do it.

Michael
Jan 10, 2002, 09:00 AM
G'luck :)

~SPLASH~
Jan 11, 2002, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by RosetaJOL
I am making a JCS kit.
And it will include some things such as a .level tutorial,
.Tilesettutorial
.Tileset templates

and some other stuff. It seems that I am the only person who thought of this..cause ppl seem to think its a good idea but knowone has thought of it mabye.
No. someone named "Help File" who lives in JCS has come up with this too. Also, there are sites such as "How to JCS" and "Tileset 101".

Violet CLM
Jan 11, 2002, 02:20 PM
Actually, there no longer is a Tileset101. Ice M A N said himself that TC101 would NOT be making the move to another site off of the sinking ship known as Nagcentral.

Ice M A N
Jan 11, 2002, 02:44 PM
Just because I say something doesn't make it true. ;P But yeah.. I'm 99.9% sure no one but me (and possibly quist since he has a copy) will ever see that site again.

defalcon
Jan 11, 2002, 07:07 PM
Awww. No Tileset101. Evil. Bring it back! Must nag Quisty for a copy of that copy.