PDA

View Full Version : Is there anyway...

Shadow XZ
Jan 14, 2002, 07:18 AM
Is there any possible way to convert MP3 files to some form that jazz2 understands?

Cpp
Jan 14, 2002, 07:52 AM
Umm I think there is but the files usually end about 50 MB :P

~SPLASH~
Jan 14, 2002, 08:38 AM
And I think jazz doesn't support files that big.

JZBlue
Jan 14, 2002, 11:37 AM
Didn't somebody post this before?
LIKE ME!!

nitronao
Jan 14, 2002, 11:53 AM
Okay, I will explain this in the long droll way it has been done MANY times on this forum.

First, the MP3 has to be converted to WAV, so it is something a tracker can remotely understand (tracker being a program that is made for making XM, IT, S3M, MOD, I recommend Modplug Tracker at http://modplug.com). Then, the WAV has to be inserted as the C4 octave I believe (maybe C5) and you must insert enuff patterns of nothingness so that the whole song fits in the IT XM whatever. Now, you have one heck of a file that Jazz 2 MIGHT be able to read.

How's this? go to Modplug and download some songs off there or somethin? It's much easier.

Haze
Jan 15, 2002, 12:14 AM
The conversion itself has been explained many times before (just search the forums...). However, Jazz2 will simply refuse to play any music files that big. The limit is somewhere around 2Megs. However, even then the game sometimes locks up because of the filesize. E.g. the level plays fine but when finishing the level Jazz2 will lock up.

And yes, it can be done. You can decrease the filesize so that it'll be acceptable but you'll get a very low quality (I don't mean "bad" quality, just very low compared to the original file). So it IS possible, just NOT recommended.