PDA

View Full Version : Questions on Pixel paint

Kaz
Jan 18, 2002, 07:08 PM
Wondering how I should draw with a program like... paint or PSP(yay for drugs!)

I need tips basically becuase I have a mouse and I'm not that great of an artists... and I know that you can't make a perfection becuase you got a few tips but eh.

Bottom line: WHat are some tips for drawing with a mouse becuase I don't own a scanner?

Monolith
Jan 18, 2002, 09:23 PM
Make sure you have a lot of patience.
Zoom in close to get more precision.
Don't be afraid to erase.

Although, when you don't have any cool equipment for the computer, it's usually more interesting to draw with just pencil and paper.

Ducky
Jan 20, 2002, 01:18 PM
I always draw with a mouse, and, although I do have a scanner I'm way too lazy to plug everything in and besides scanned pics take up too much space..

I'd just have to say practice ;P

Also I, oddly, find that drawing from things works a lot better for me on the computer then it does when I use a pencil..

I'm afraid I can give no better advice, being the rotten artist with no stuff that I am :)

`Ducky

Txl Kill
Jan 21, 2002, 10:28 AM
Heres what i used to do when i drew with my mouse (before i got a wacom) Just set your mouse sensitvity to low so when your drawing you dont make huge mistakes its quite easy from there!

Disguise
Jan 29, 2002, 12:47 AM
Zoom in a lot, that's about as much as I can say. Also, one pixel makes all the difference, and there shouldn't be too much of a colour difference between two pixels. I must admit it takes a LOT more time than just drawing somehting and scanning it in (or using one of those wacom tools i watn so badly). Also, learning some shortcuts in the proggie ur in will save you LOADS of time, especially if ur gonna lower your mouse sensitivity (i don't, lol). Hmmm, I should actually make a list of all the psp shortcuts I know and add them to the tutorial section, hold me to this promise someone, sorta like an IOU :D

Kaz
Jan 29, 2002, 07:56 PM
mouse sensitivity on low?!!?! I CAN MOVE ACROSS THE MOUSE PAD WITH IT ON HIGH AND IT DOESN'T MOVE THE CURSOR!

Kaz
Jan 29, 2002, 08:06 PM
I'm setting my mouse sensitivity back to where it was and higher, I couldn't even screw up the picture properly. And how do you people do potraits and are able to show two sides of the face when you're drawing something like a horse (entering actual art zone)