PDA

View Full Version : What no bug-fix enhancements would you like to see in 1.25?

defalcon
Jan 21, 2002, 03:58 PM
What reasonable enhancements (aside from fixing bugs) would you like to see in 1.25?
I'd like to see:
-Ability to change the pic at the start (Ie from the 1.23 pic to the cooler TSF pic)
-Ability to block coloured names (they're there but you see them as they normally are) to make CTF games less confusing.
-Re-written error messages with better explanation, that link to J2O.
-A changing theme (ie: the CC theme when it's Christmas) maybe an easter one round easter and so on.
-Option to replace Electroblaster with the blade gun! (why did they leave it out?!)
-HH98 enemies included, possibly TSF stuff as well (since it's supposed to be completely compatible).
-Option to include HH98 and TSF in the episode list.
-Ablility to separate the homecooked levels into sections for easier organisation (Eg: SP levels, CTF levels and so on)
-Autopatches registry for those who haven't gotten rid of list.jazzjackrabbit.com (like me).
What do you think?

JanusJackrabbit
Jan 21, 2002, 05:12 PM
An enemy creator. You could make an enemy that acts the same but has different frames. (one that looks different)

defalcon
Jan 21, 2002, 05:16 PM
That would require adding in extra animations and different people creating different enemies everywhere would result in some big incompatibilites, so custom sprites would be out of the question.

Monolith
Jan 21, 2002, 05:38 PM
Remember, for 1.25 just doing all the fixes is going to be a huge challange. I'm sure most people would rather have a working patch out sooner rather than a super update a year later.
I think the only additions we're going to do on 1.25 are anything related to the fixes, or real simple, high demand features.

JanusJackrabbit
Jan 21, 2002, 07:25 PM
Well, since bug fixes would be better the rocket turtle and tweedle bosses should be fixed.

Krezack
Jan 21, 2002, 08:48 PM
Thats youyr opinion monolith....would most people prefer to see warcraft 3 come out as fast as it can or be really cool but a bit late....many would want it out quick and then regret it later the same would be for jj2 people may want it out quick but then theyd want a 1.26 later on...

Violet CLM
Jan 22, 2002, 12:00 AM
-Ablility to separate the homecooked levels into sections for easier organisation (Eg: SP levels, CTF levels and so on)

This one just really stood out. Adding five different checkboxes in JCS to select what type of level it is? And would you include the more popular custom gametype(s), or would that be in the "none checked" section? And what about the levels compatible with more then one gametype? And people aren't always going to remember to check these little boxes, especially newbies, so all sorts of levels will wind up in the "none checked" section.

ElectroPiZZa
Jan 22, 2002, 05:36 AM
AGP acceleration

Monolith
Jan 22, 2002, 05:07 PM
Can't stand playing JJ2 at anything lower than 300fps? ;)

defalcon
Jan 23, 2002, 01:17 AM
Come on, I have JJ2 running at a max of 70fps. RtCW can beat that mark on my computer fairly easily.

FireSworD
Jan 23, 2002, 07:22 AM
That would kill my computer at that resolution with that many colors!

ElectroPiZZa
Jan 23, 2002, 01:27 PM
Not with a TNT2 or higher, it wouldn't. (I have a GF3 Ti500, which is about as high of a video card as you can get)

defalcon
Jan 23, 2002, 02:00 PM
It is Piz, it is!
Best you get the latest drivers for it though.

Xeno_old
Jan 27, 2002, 02:24 PM
A random level select (for Home-Cooked levels). Also, JJ2 in 1024x768 would be sweet (Hey, I can see you over there, 500 tiles away from me! Mwuahahahaha!).

JanusJackrabbit
Feb 6, 2002, 03:26 PM
I want the ability to use more than two boss music files in JCS.

Phoneix
Feb 6, 2002, 04:56 PM
I want one, small, miniscule detail changed...

MORE TEXT SUPPORT.

...What?

Tubz
Mar 4, 2002, 03:09 PM
I'll just copy, edit, and paste my good ol' hearty bug fix list from Monolith's topic.

1)Add CO-Operative Mode to MultiplayerJJ2

2)Add Team Battle Mode to MultiplayerJJ2, and remove the flag sign

3)Make the Rocket Turtle Event, work like the other Bosses

4)Fix Bolly Boss Event

5)Fix TNT Powerup Event

6)Make the Auto Fire Event be more useful

7)Make the Witch Event much more easier to kill, make it like all the other Baddies

8)Fix the Bees Event

9)Fix the Addon DOG Event

10)Put the Rocket Turtle Event in the Bosses section

11)Include the latest version of JCS.ini with the patch

12)Make Events capable in more layers

13)Fix the Addon Spark Event

14)Make more X-mas Events

15)Remove the Battle, Treasure or CTF Multiplayer Level option in the Layer Properties

16)Fix the Test 1-6 Events

17)Fix Tube Turtle Event

18)Fix Butterfly Event

19)Fix the "Ammensia Error, too many bosses in the level"

20)Include Overlord's Anti-Access-Violation Patch, with this 1.25 Patch

21)Make Acc Belt L Event have a different purpose

22)Make Acc Belt R Event have a different purpose

23)Fix the Bonus Level Signpost Event

24)Fix the End of Level Signpost Event

25)Make the Event # appear without having to select, Create a Generator for this event

26)Make the Event # Unchangable

27)Fix the Carrot Crate Event

28)Fix the Gun Crate Event

29)Make a TNT Ammo+15 Event

30)Make a Gun8 Ammo+15 Event

31)Make a Gun9 Ammo+15 Event

32)Rename the "Thing" Food Event to Coconut

33)Delete the RectGem Blue Event

34)Delete the RectGem Green Event

35)Delete the RectGem Red Event

36)Make the Purple Gem +1 Event be more useful

37)Make the Fast Feet Event be more useful

38)Undecided: Delete the Freeze Enemies Event OR Decided: Rename Freeze Enemies to Freeze Rabbits, and make it so you can't get affected by the event.

39)Make the Invincibility Event be more useful

40)Make the Max Weapon Event be more useful

41)Fix the TNT Powerup picture

42)Fix the Lazer Shield Event!!!!!

43)Stop hacking from occuring, that doesn't include JCS.ini Modifications

44)Make the TNT hurt Event other rabbits in Party Mode

45)Fix the fake hurting your team members with the RF Missles

-46-)UNSURE: If not yet, make the TNT Powerup Event hurt other rabbits in Party Mode

47)Make a better Tileset Tutorial. Include this in the JCS Help.

48)Make a Event List, and include explanations for each event (including the fixed ones). Include this in the JCS Help.

49)Add Race to MultiplayerJJ2

50)Include these tutorials to JCS Help:
-Colored Level Name Tutorial
-Colored Server Name Tutorial
-Colored Text in MultiplayerJJ2 Tutorial
-Colored Text Strings Tutorial
-Colored Fur Tutorial

These tutorials are for new people

51)Be able to name your player in Single Player/CO-OP Jazz2

52)Be able to change your Fur in Single Player/CO-OP Jazz2

53)Explain better on how to edit you Filter, and IP Filter. Write a Readme text file for this.

54)Try to be able to ban all cusses and their forms in MultiplayerJJ2.

55)Fix the bug which makes you stuck in the walls when you put directly to the north, south, east, or west of the wall using a: Warp Target Event or Start Position Event. Note: this is a tad bit different from Magoo's found bug.

56)Fix the other Flag Bug, where you start with the flag after death

Well that's it, exactly 59/60 bugs, including Magoo's 4 bugs. Heh, it took me a while to write this list? I, although am making a JCS.ini patch to correct some of these bugs.

<Crono>
Mar 4, 2002, 03:21 PM
Option to replace Electroblaster with the blade gun! (why did they leave it out?!)

Whats the Blade Gun???

Ginny
Mar 4, 2002, 05:00 PM
something like the beta pepper spray? A sword?

JanusJackrabbit
Mar 4, 2002, 05:02 PM
Hey JJ Tublear, a lot of the events you listed work perfectly fine! Some of them are just in TSF.

Violet CLM
Mar 4, 2002, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by JJ Tublear
I'll just copy, edit, and paste my good ol' hearty bug fix list from Monolith's topic.

1)Add CO-Operative Mode to MultiplayerJJ2

If you're going to do this, actually make it work. Either the host or the joiners can't be injured, but I forgot which.

3)Make the Rocket Turtle Event, work like the other Bosses

As in? Give it totally new behavior? Or are you just wanting it to treat the Area IDs as a loop, and go on them forever? And some sort of attack, I presume?

4)Fix Bolly Boss Event

It has no bugs.

6)Make the Auto Fire Event be more useful

Ok, how about this. We make it do twice as much as it did before. Twice zero. Kindly provide what you want it to do.

7)Make the Witch Event much more easier to kill, make it like all the other Baddies

No way. I wish more of the enemies were that hard to kill, in fact.

8)Fix the Bees Event

Only if they also make the Hurt event apply to Ceilling and Wall spikes.

9)Fix the Addon DOG Event

Again, it works perfectly. Or do you want it to Meow?

11)Include the latest version of JCS.ini with the patch

Well, I'm not sure what you think is the latest version, considering what you're saying about "Test1-6" events.

13)Fix the Addon Spark Event

So what should it do?

14)Make more X-mas Events

Rightio! You supply the images.

15)Remove the Battle, Treasure or CTF Multiplayer Level option in the Layer Properties

Nope. It's not a bug, and it's useful.

16)Fix the Test 1-6 Events

There aren't any such things.

17)Fix Tube Turtle Event

It doesn't have any bugs. Or do you want it to be eating a banana full time?

18)Fix Butterfly Event

Would you mind supplying good actions?

19)Fix the "Ammensia Error, too many bosses in the level"

If you run across that error, I don't want to Think what your levels are like..

21)Make Acc Belt L Event have a different purpose

22)Make Acc Belt R Event have a different purpose

But they ARE different from the normal belts! What more do you want?

23)Fix the Bonus Level Signpost Event

I'm sure you meant to say "Make all the many Secret Level events actually work, and make the Bonus Level signpost lead to the Bonus Level instead".

24)Fix the End of Level Signpost Event

(Third time I say this) It has no bugs.

26)Make the Event # Unchangable

Why? There's no harm to it, and it's useful.

27)Fix the Carrot Crate Event

28)Fix the Gun Crate Event

You supply a bug, and I think they'll try to fix it.

32)Rename the "Thing" Food Event to Coconut

Why? I like the name "Thing".

36)Make the Purple Gem +1 Event be more useful

What's so not useful about it?

37)Make the Fast Feet Event be more useful

You want to go even faster? Isn't 20 tiles a second (or whatever the maximum speed is) fast enough?

38)Undecided: Delete the Freeze Enemies Event OR Decided: Rename Freeze Enemies to Freeze Rabbits, and make it so you can't get affected by the event.

Decided: Use neither of those. It's just too cool to make it so it doesn't work.

39)Make the Invincibility Event be more useful

I'll say it again.. it has no bugs.

40)Make the Max Weapon Event be more useful

Supply a behaviorial pattern?

44)Make the TNT hurt Event other rabbits in Party Mode

I can't understand you due to the poor grammar.

51)Be able to name your player in Single Player/CO-OP Jazz2

52)Be able to change your Fur in Single Player/CO-OP Jazz2

And include "Fur Paint" and "Name Change" events so you can have nifty puzzles where you try to get back to normal! :p

54)Try to be able to ban all cusses and their forms in MultiplayerJJ2.

Let me assure you, there are infinite forms.

55)Fix the bug which makes you stuck in the walls when you put directly to the north, south, east, or west of the wall using a: Warp Target Event or Start Position Event. Note: this is a tad bit different from Magoo's found bug.

You only get stuck if there's a wall to the left or above.

Shiverz
Mar 15, 2002, 11:00 AM
OK IF Your Addon Sparks Dont Work Its a little blue ghost thats follow u and it works for me !!!

Another Jazz 2 fan
Mar 15, 2002, 12:27 PM
I always wanted to play a version of Coop where you play SP levels and try to score more points than the other player.

Also, I want something done about the Home Cooked Levels list. Not organised into level type, but maybe alphabetical?

Fix all non-working events (Tweedle, Rocket Turtle, Laser Shield, etc)

Here's an idea that will make Treasure Hunt fun: make it so you can collect gems when you are blinking (after being hurt, you can't grab gems. This is why TH isn't so great, battles with the other player to get their gems don't work because everybody loses gems but nobody can pick them back up until after the battle, so they could go on forever)

All tilesets from JJ1 (every planet, with all animations in place, etc. And make them work, unlike the ones that did come with JJ2)

Fix hurt event so ceilings can hurt you. Add wall hurt events too. (Maybe they could all work like springs, where there is a box to make it a ceiling spring, etc.)

Custom boss music! Allow any song to be played other than the official ones.

Make destructable animated scenery. (Like JJ1. The animations must be used to destroy it in JJ2)

Add more rabbits than Eva as events. (I can think of many levels where this might be used)

Fix bridges. (When they have low toughness and you jump, the bridge resumes its flat position)

Allow for custom cinematics. (Nuff said)

Add 3D bonus levels!!

Make the slides work (in castle tileset)

Fix the get stuck in a wall bug. (Especially animated spikes, which can be avoided by placing a one way on the ground below them, which was not done in Psych)

Make Lori jump higher. Also, fix choosing colors for her in Party Mode (she appears almost the same no matter what)

Select rabbit colors from a pallette, not by pressing enter over and over and over ;)

Team Battle, 'nuff said.

That's all for now!

Another Jazz 2 fan
Jason Jackrabbit LP

Cpp
Mar 15, 2002, 12:39 PM
Everything that I've listed in other topics and:
A new event that respawns other events randomly for example an event that generates powerups. At one point a seek powerup appears and after it is destroyed a toaster powerup respawns instead. Ow and I'd like the ability to choose which events to respawn.

- Empty crate event!

Violet CLM
Mar 15, 2002, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Another Jazz 2 fan Also, I want something done about the Home Cooked Levels list. Not organised into level type, but maybe alphabetical?

It is alphabetical.

Fix all non-working events (Tweedle, Rocket Turtle, Laser Shield, etc)

As I said to Tublear, it helps to fix if they know what they're supposed to do.
.....and the Rocket Turtle does work.

Here's an idea that will make Treasure Hunt fun: make it so you can collect gems when you are blinking (after being hurt, you can't grab gems. This is why TH isn't so great, battles with the other player to get their gems don't work because everybody loses gems but nobody can pick them back up until after the battle, so they could go on forever)

The thing is, that's there so you don't instantly pick up the gems you just lost. (Of course, it's buggy, so you pick up some anyway)

All tilesets from JJ1 (every planet, with all animations in place, etc. And make them work, unlike the ones that did come with JJ2)

Is this a patch, or a tileset pack? Honestly, this is not 1.25 related.

Custom boss music! Allow any song to be played other than the official ones.

Why? It just makes people add even more music to the uploads. Besides, if you don't like the boss music, just overwrite/replace it.

Make destructable animated scenery. (Like JJ1. The animations must be used to destroy it in JJ2)

No argument.

Add more rabbits than Eva as events. (I can think of many levels where this might be used)

And do they Do anything? Or are they just statues? If so, they're not exactly events.

Allow for custom cinematics. (Nuff said)

So you want them to make the .j2m files be valid in the "Next Level" setting, have a way to create .j2m files, and to make them have next level settings of their own?

Fix the get stuck in a wall bug. (Especially animated spikes, which can be avoided by placing a one way on the ground below them, which was not done in Psych)

As much as I'd agree with you, that would make a large amount of test/other stuff levels impossible.

Make Lori jump higher.

Her highest is just the same as Jazz's highest. You want her to go higher?

Select rabbit colors from a pallette, not by pressing enter over and over and over ;)

There are only 9 colors, so that's rather pointless, really.

defalcon
Mar 15, 2002, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Unknown Rabbit

As I said to Tublear, it helps to fix if they know what they're supposed to do.
.....and the Rocket Turtle does work.

Erm, Unknown Rabbit, the Rocket Turtle does work. :p

Violet CLM
Mar 16, 2002, 12:47 AM
That's what I said. Look closely. That's a "does" there that I typed. Yes, there. No, look harder! Yes! Yes! You've got it! Yes! Nooooooooo!!!!!!

RosetaLopRabbit
Mar 16, 2002, 05:44 AM
I had an idea for a warp box..not shure exactly what it does, takes you to a random warp, the warp has a choice of 0 (wont work in the warp box so it doesnt take you to that warp) 1 (randomly selected by the warp box)
just another idea:o I know there is already something like this if you just select the event numbers the same..

JanusJackrabbit
Mar 16, 2002, 07:17 AM
Make destructable animated scenery. That's already possible. All you have to do is place the animation in the fifth layer and put a mask in the sprite layer that can be destroyed. Then you place this all in an area that already has a background(like a cave). It has to be in an area with a background so that the second to last frame will cover the fifth layer animation.

Violet CLM
Mar 16, 2002, 12:11 PM
Yes, but it doesn't work in Low Detail mode, and not all tilesets have a layer 4 background, anyway. And even so, destruct scenery is often out in the open.

Another Jazz 2 fan
Mar 16, 2002, 12:20 PM
I'll clarify what I meant by alphabetical Home cooked list.

First of all, no more limit!!!!!!

The list, currently, may only be navigated by up/down arrows or pageup/pagedown keys. Also, Home and End jump to the top and bottom of the list. I want it so that you can press any letter on the keyboard to jump to the first level beginning with that letter (Or the next letter if there aren't any.) How hard could that be?

Oh, and how can Lori jump as high as Jazz's uppercut? SHE CAN'T JUMP AS HIGH AS JAZZ!

Also, the animated destruct scenery described two posts before this would be difficult to set up, and need tilesets specifically designed to handle this task. (But I understand how it might be done)

Oh, and another suggestion, how about trigger zones on other layers than 4? That would be really cool.

Also, how about having levels with the ability to loop endlessly? (Once at right end, go to left end), kindof like how bg layers can, but for the whole level. Ah, nevermind. You could do it with warps...

And I'm not sure I understand how fixing sticky bugs would cause levels no to work... Clarify?

AJ2f

RosetaLopRabbit
Mar 16, 2002, 01:03 PM
how about annimated destructable scenery with the hurt event;)

JanusJackrabbit
Mar 16, 2002, 02:11 PM
Maybe an MCE could do that.

Violet CLM
Mar 16, 2002, 03:41 PM
First of all, no more limit!!!!!!

You probably have noticed, if you have filled up to the limit, it takes forever to load them all. Imagine more. The waiting time would be incredible.

The list, currently, may only be navigated by up/down arrows or pageup/pagedown keys. Also, Home and End jump to the top and bottom of the list. I want it so that you can press any letter on the keyboard to jump to the first level beginning with that letter (Or the next letter if there aren't any.) How hard could that be?

No idea. But thanks for the Home/End bit. I never knew that. Not that I ever use the HCLs anyway.

Oh, and how can Lori jump as high as Jazz's uppercut? SHE CAN'T JUMP AS HIGH AS JAZZ!

Jazz can jump higher then Jazz's uppercutt. But it's very simple. You know the thing where you press speed rapidly a lot, then let go, and go flying? This time, when you stop, hold down Jump. If you do it against a wall, you will jump up higher then Jazz's uppercutt. If you're Spaz, the double jump allows you to go even higher.

Oh, and another suggestion, how about trigger zones on other layers than 4? That would be really cool.

You mean Trigger Scenery. But yes, please. I'd love to have events that can be turned off with Low Detail.

And I'm not sure I understand how fixing sticky bugs would cause levels no to work... Clarify?

Take as just one example, Cracco Mountain.

BizarrE aka Raz
Mar 19, 2002, 09:58 AM
I'm getting a bit crazy of that Unknown Rabbit.
Rename the "Thing" for example, and he says:
why --->I<--- like it.

Well I tought it wasnt the meaning to sa what you think of others but to say what you want!

And uhhh... I saw a lot BUG ENCHANTMENTS.

Make a new Animation for Razz. and make it the 4th character

Violet CLM
Mar 19, 2002, 02:41 PM
Besides, there's no point to renaming "Thing". You can do it yourself. You can rename anything in JCS you like.

JanusJackrabbit
Mar 19, 2002, 05:05 PM
Yeah, just go into the JCS INI and change the name.

Tubz
Mar 22, 2002, 12:05 PM
Me too, yeah Unknown you tore my whole dang bug list apart and tried making corrections! Why don't you come up with Bug Fixes! And you know what I meant by the Rocket Turtle Event! I guess a guy you need to put Area ID events on is really normal when he should move normally like other bosses. Lol, it's funny when Devan jumps inside the Level's wall.

Violet CLM
Mar 22, 2002, 06:35 PM
"Tried"?
Anyway, this is "no bug fix enhancements". Not Bug Fixes. For New stuff you'd like to see. Like sucker tubes that send you a random direction.

defalcon
Mar 22, 2002, 07:38 PM
Yep. And from reading, I think Unknown pretty much canibalised the list. But he did correct it - eg: trigger scenery on layers other than layer 4 wouldn't work in low detail. But then again, who plays in low detail? ;)

Another Jazz 2 fan
Mar 22, 2002, 08:14 PM
Heh. Forget low detail. My levels won't even WORK in low detail, anyway!

AJ2f

defalcon
Mar 23, 2002, 12:36 AM
Heh, my level Gemstone Warfare runs in low detail, but considering I make full use of all 8 layers it looks kinda bad.

I claim tha 2nd page!

Nadine
Mar 28, 2002, 06:48 PM
I'd like more colours to be available for the characters, and also in TSF. I wanted to make Lori be like my brother's killer rabbit, but no brown fur colour or red eye colour is available for Lori.

Oh yeah. And I'd really like it if the characters in Christmas Chronicles wore Christmas costumes to fit the theme.

defalcon
Mar 28, 2002, 09:44 PM
Ouch, that'd take a complete re-working of the palette and the way JJ2 handles the colours. Big asking there.

Nadine
Mar 29, 2002, 05:17 PM
Did you reply to me, Defalcon? Which aspect did you reply to? For the colours I just meant not in one player. Just add more colours to what you can choose for multiplayer. As for costumes I know that's a bit much to ask, perhaps, but it would REALLY suit the Christmas theme and at the holidays I like to play games that are Christmas-themed, and I'd appreciate that. But it's just an idea of mine, ya know?

As for your response in the other similar topic, if the CTF bug is so well known than why haven't they fix it yet? Or maybe no one cares about 2 player as much as online play, right?

JanusJackrabbit
Mar 29, 2002, 08:14 PM
Costumes would require a sprite editor....... and the source code.:mad:

defalcon
Mar 29, 2002, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Nadine
Did you reply to me, Defalcon? Which aspect did you reply to? For the colours I just meant not in one player. Just add more colours to what you can choose for multiplayer. As for costumes I know that's a bit much to ask, perhaps, but it would REALLY suit the Christmas theme and at the holidays I like to play games that are Christmas-themed, and I'd appreciate that. But it's just an idea of mine, ya know?

As for your response in the other similar topic, if the CTF bug is so well known than why haven't they fix it yet? Or maybe no one cares about 2 player as much as online play, right?

Yep I replied to you. Adding more colours to the palette would be a big asking, they'd have to re-work it. And costumes would equate in re-animating the sprites.

||Slim
Mar 30, 2002, 04:22 AM
it would be awesome if we could make our own skins... :) ... but that could take a long time.

Hawkin 87
Apr 14, 2002, 06:53 AM
1.25 would be nice, if it ever DOES come... :confused: Oh, well. If it comes, it'd be nice to include Lori, as well as a fix to the laser shield and fast feet, etc. Shome shtuff that doesn't work in 1.23. (Like this wish is coming true :p)