PDA

View Full Version : Ideas!!!!

Phoneix
Feb 4, 2002, 04:54 PM
Here's some good ideas for the MB...

AVATARS! We need personallity! This is my idea: MAke the people find a host (Fotoki or something like that) and make the picture go from there, not from the MB itself. That way, the MB does not worry about space or sizing, although we could limit it to maybe 50x50...
Contests! We may need more themes, although I am happy with the Dark Red one now, but it can become boring. Make a contest for people to design a new theme, and we can have judges and the winner gets the honor of having his theme mainpage, and the next three can be in the selection.
Cutsom Ttitles! Just have like said before where the title is above the MB title, like an admin would be:
NAME
CUSTOM TITLE
Administrator
Censor Reducton. Like if somebody was talking about their mother or sister or themselves talking about having cancer in their chest, or talking about a good book about a white Whale, The Blasted **** get in the way of the reader, and they do annoy.

Take time to look at these ideas.

Bobby aka Dizzy
Feb 5, 2002, 02:32 PM

We choose to disable this feature as they make page loads extremely slow for many people, especially 56k or worse.

Contests!

I'd say this is not feasible especially because to make a theme and test it you really need admin access to add one.

Cutsom Titles

We choose to disable this feature also. Back on the JMMB people were always confused and all over why they were a new person for the first 10 posts. Its easier without them.

Censor Reducton

I feel that the censor is often necessary and while it may be a pain at times, it really is good to have.

Phoneix
Feb 5, 2002, 05:11 PM
True Dizzy about alot of things, but if we can have somebody look at the contest results and have an admin place them in (we did this in the ezBoards) we could make that feezable.

Avatars, As long as we can keep them cropped to 50x50 images with an image size less than 25kb we may be fine if somebody makes multipule posts, like a thread that has twenty posts but half of them is one person, that makes maybe 11 or less images to load. I have 56k and I was fine in the ezBoards.

Limited Censorship: I agree with you, it's better to have them than not at all.

Custom Titles: You don't even understand my idea. WE would make the titles, not our posts. like mine would be below:
Phoneix
Firebird of Prey
JCF Member

Like that, were the custom title would be user-definable, and the name could be limited to 50 words.

Violet CLM
Feb 5, 2002, 08:53 PM
50 WORDS?

Unknown Rabbit
Thecoolestdudeeverforthemainreasonthathecaneasilyf oolthe50wordlimitbysimplynotusingspaceswhichisprob ablytheexactsamethingthatalotofotherpeoplewillthin kofsonyah
JCF Member

Phoneix
Feb 6, 2002, 07:55 AM
my error I meant 50 charectors.

Link
Feb 6, 2002, 10:40 AM
I like the custom titles idea! I don't think it would be a problem at all. At the DJ board we had those, and there were no problems. Don't have titles based on the number of posts you have; keep everbody at JCF member underneath their custom title.

FireSworD
Feb 6, 2002, 10:54 AM
Yeah! like:

Fire Sword!

Shword of Fire!

JCF Member

FQuist
Feb 6, 2002, 11:56 AM
There's another simple reason we don't allow avatars: problems with our server make them and attachments impossible.

The theme contest.. We could do that.

Custom titles.. I suppose it is not a bad thing or something like that, but things like custom titles have always been useless in my eyes.. boards are about talk. But maybe other admins do agree with you. I wouldn't vote no.

Link
Feb 6, 2002, 06:25 PM
Couldn't you fix the attachment thing?

Wasn't it the same problem on J2O uploads\downloads?

- or at least disable the attachment option so we don't get confused people trying to figure out what happened to their attachment

EvilMike
Feb 6, 2002, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Fquist
There's another simple reason we don't allow avatars: problems with our server make them and attachments impossible.

The theme contest.. We could do that.

Custom titles.. I suppose it is not a bad thing or something like that, but things like custom titles have always been useless in my eyes.. boards are about talk. But maybe other admins do agree with you. I wouldn't vote no.

Your opinion is valid, although I really think that if it will make people happy they should get it. Custom titles are just as useless as signatures. And like signatures they do not hurt anybody and are fun to have. There is no reason for a custom title to encourage spamming or anything like that.

I really don't care about custom titles, but it is pointless holding back a harmless feature people want, especially when it is easy to make. After all, this place is supposed to be fun to visit.

Krezack
Feb 7, 2002, 02:58 AM
I dunno EvilMike this board runs just fine like it is, the swearing is practically zilch, the members get on because they are forced to (i mean that in a good way), the spamming is minute compared to other boards i visit, and people who should be banned actaully get banned.

Phoneix
Feb 7, 2002, 01:59 PM
Theme Contest:

Give me the word and I can have the contest underway in less than a week but I will need an admin Judge also to upload the theme. Basically I know what I want in a theme: Background, bar colors, Board Colors, Title, Buttons, and basically overall Origionality.

Give me the word and an admin I can have help as a judge and the contest will be underway in less than a week.

FQuist
Feb 18, 2002, 11:49 AM
You can go ahead with the contest. I'll help you.

UIN: 32914464/AIM: Fquist jj2

Phoneix
Feb 18, 2002, 01:31 PM
http://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3278

God I'm fast, aren't I?