PDA

View Full Version : JJ2/Windows Problems

||Slim
Feb 4, 2002, 05:25 PM
argh, this problem is really annoying me...

sometimes, when i run jj2, my windows goes REALLY SLOW (when it runs in window-mode)... does anyone know why this happens??

usually this happens when i run memory-consuming programs (such as direct connect) and also internet programs (such as aim, icq, etc.).. but lately i formatted my computer and it still has these problems (formatted due to other problems also :p ).

but it also happens when i dont use such programs... could someone help me out? :D

system:

windows ME
128 mb ram
intel video card or something... :roll:

thanks yall :lol:

Link
Feb 4, 2002, 05:31 PM
Try closing everything in your system tray, plus any "hidden" things when pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del (don't unload your virus scanner though)

Once I found some spyware (ezulamain) and it seemed to slow down everything when JJ2 was running. I also found that the Logitech Wingman Event Monitor made JJ2 run choppy; I just closed it and it was fine...no loss though; I use my sidewinder for jj2.

Krezack
Feb 4, 2002, 08:29 PM
Close any game controller apps, download a process veiwer and you can kill programmes even hidden to the end task menu (trojens and stuff) also *forgets* oh yeah! downlaod adaware.....from: www.lavasoft.com (i think)

||Slim
Feb 15, 2002, 03:10 PM
lil update... sorry for reviving :D :D :D

i relized that EVERYTIME i join a server with jj2 i get two AVs. one is a stack overflow and the other i dont remember what it is... if its important ill go do it again :D :D :D

defalcon
Feb 15, 2002, 04:55 PM
Well, I recall in the JJ2 demo readme (that was a long time ago ;) ) that running JJ2 in windowed mode is slower than fullscreen, because your video card has to draw the windows desktop and the JJ2 stuff.

||Slim
Feb 15, 2002, 05:34 PM
yeah that happens sometimes... but i used to run it in windowed mode before and it ran perfectly fine...

RosetaJOL
Feb 15, 2002, 06:04 PM
I used to think ME was very good until I had lots of problems with it..and it got a virus that destroyed the hard dive and I had to get a new one...
Then I downloaded a 3D game and TSF demo then Me crashed from that...