PDA

View Full Version : Gun9 help

||Slim
Feb 11, 2002, 06:51 AM
i need help for a level im making...

many people know that gun9 can be used to shoot through walls (as well as bouncers). is there any way to stop that? i tried using riochet but that didnt work. i know you can use trigger crates or gun barrels to stop the gun9, but:

trigger crates can be destroyed by TNT and cannot be regenerated;

gun barrels can be easily regenerated but shoot out ammo when destroyed (by tnt is what i mean) and doesnt look too good.

does anyone know any other way to stop this? i know you can make the barrels/crates go somewhere else in the middle of higher tiles so that tnt will not be affected, but i already made that spot :D and i dont want to erase it. the tileset i am using is mez01.j2t. thanks :D

FireSworD
Feb 11, 2002, 06:53 AM
Springs always stop weapon 9.

||Slim
Feb 11, 2002, 06:58 AM
hmmm ill need to try that.. thanks fs... what position thou? (up down left right :D )

Unhit
Feb 11, 2002, 09:49 AM
I think "Destruct Scenery BOMB" stops Gun9. Try...

RosetaJOL
Feb 11, 2002, 10:38 AM
Add destruct scenery and set the gun number to whatever the number for Ice is, that works for me. But I dnno if you can still destroy it with TNT, try it.
You cant destroy destruct scenery with the gun number set to ice using ice. (or at least I couldnt)

Violet CLM
Feb 11, 2002, 01:11 PM
Destruct Scenery set to weapons 3, 7 and 9 are your best bet. They can not be destroyed by anything other then TNT. And if they are far enough from the open area, TNT won't be able to get through.
(Yes, Weapon 3 can't destroy Weapon 3 blocks, and Weapon 9 can't destroy Weapon 9 blocks.)

defalcon
Feb 11, 2002, 11:51 PM
I think you do a wall 3 tiles thick, each with different properties. It's used in lots of old levels, but I can't remember what events to put on them.

Violet CLM
Feb 12, 2002, 01:45 PM
The old "3 wall" is described as needing a Richochet, a Gun9 Destruct Scenery block, and a normal wall. Same effect.

SteelTalon
Feb 13, 2002, 01:51 PM
Really, you don't need the ricochet. Just choose a gun that isn't included in your level.

Violet CLM
Feb 13, 2002, 02:44 PM
Only Guns 2, 7 and 9 can get through walls. Destruct Scenery blocks with the Gun numbers 3, 7 and 9 can only be destroyed by TNT. They are the safest.

Michael
Feb 14, 2002, 03:21 AM
Just make something that's destroyed by gun6 or gun8.