PDA

View Full Version : Future Carrotus

Gargoyle
Feb 12, 2002, 11:13 AM
I had a pretty cool idea a few days ago; a very tall tower that would contain chat rooms and clan rooms, sorta like a hotel, but more of a chat room. But then i thought; why dont i turn this into an actuall city! With buildings and houses for any member who could pass a test or something with enough coins to but an appartment. And then i thought; why dont i make a rebuild of the carrotus tileset, that will be carrotus in the future! A futuristic apokalipse of some sort. Carrot statues and bluish grass, with wires sticking out walls, stuff like that. Then i thought; why dont i make this the Carrotus kingdom in the future! The tall tower could be built out the wrekege from the andient palace, and there could be buildings everywhere, underground, in the sky...
Basicly , id like to know if anyone wants to help me make this tileset, becuase i need the carrotes pallete, and a 16bit tileset base. (E-mail-zybug@hotmail.com, ICQ-85147332)

RosetaJOL
Feb 12, 2002, 11:32 AM
I would like to help but 16 bit:roll: I am not great at making 16 bit tilesets..when I do it uasually messed up the palatte in the past.

Haze
Feb 12, 2002, 11:35 AM
Set your Jazz2 to 8 bit colors and play a Carrotus level. Now take a screenshot. From this screenshot you'll be able to extract the Carrotus-palette.
To rip the tiles just "print-screen" and copy/paste from JCS. That should provide enough "base".

Violet CLM
Feb 12, 2002, 01:51 PM
Yes... just a screenshot of the Carrotus tileset will get you the Carrotus palette.
There is no such thing as a 16 Bit Tileset base. They are limited to 256 colors. (Actually, not quite 256.)
Using Print Screen from JCS makes the tiles look a lot worse then using F12 from JJ2. For one thing, black turns into transparent.

~SPLASH~
Feb 12, 2002, 10:26 PM
"Future Carrotus". Hmm..I thought about that some weeks ago, but my idea was a mass battlefield with space marine rabbits and big *** guns. ^-^