PDA

View Full Version : How do I change my Username?

DFX
Apr 14, 2001, 06:03 PM
Well how do I?

DrJones
Apr 15, 2001, 01:55 AM
You don't. It's disabled.

Monolith
Apr 15, 2001, 12:35 PM
Maybe there should be a warning at the registration about that http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Fquist_old
Apr 15, 2001, 01:58 PM
People just shouldn't change their username. :P

JelZe GoldRabbit
Apr 15, 2001, 03:53 PM
Or just leave out the Clan tags, and put them in their sig (now there's an idea!)

Tanpopo Kiku
Apr 15, 2001, 06:16 PM
That makes sense, obviously.

DFX
Apr 26, 2001, 05:58 PM
I must change my name, I decided i'm leaving all clans except offbeats and um....

TA [(The Tublear & Animorphs clan)(Well that's the old name)(I forgot the new name)(Me forgetting the new name had nothing to do with why the clan was closed)]has been deadd for a while so I wanna update my name.

If I can't i'm gonna lose all my posts and i'm destroying my membership. Please, I'd rather not lose all my posts, so can we play add a Username changer.

*Please*

Electric Ir
Apr 27, 2001, 02:06 AM
Since there's no post count it doesn't matter if:

- You let the admins delete your account;

- Register a new account without clan tags.

Fquist_old
Apr 27, 2001, 02:14 AM
Like we have said, we *won't* change usernames.

Just start a new account then.

DFX
Apr 27, 2001, 12:51 PM
Delete my Account them let it be deleted. i ask for 1 thing & you guys can't do it! Some Messageboard this is err. http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Fquist_old
Apr 27, 2001, 01:26 PM
On , JJ Tublear* TA UR wrote:

Delete my Account them let it be deleted. i ask for 1 thing & you guys can't do it! Some Messageboard this is err. http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Basically changing a name is possible in this bulletin board, but not a good idea, and we don't support or do it.

Admael
Apr 27, 2001, 01:31 PM
Guess what, Tublear, the JMMB didn't do it, either! It's not a good idea. I was an admin there for a while, and people would change there name so often that no one could sort out who was who if we could change names like that. Also, it'd be harder for admins to edit names that are inappropriate.

Stop whining. You could have solved this all by simply omitting any clans you had joined. It's really not as hard as you make it.

-Ad

Tubz
Apr 30, 2001, 02:06 PM
Argh! Nya

(Sticks out Tongue at Admael)

Your story might be good, like I even give a dang your points make me want to change my name even more. AND IT'S JUST A QUESTION STOP MAKING SUCH A BIG DEAL OUT OF IT. I'LL CHANGE IT BY REJOINING AND REJOINING AND REJOINING AND REJOINING AGAIN IF I HAVE TO.

Tanpopo Kiku
Apr 30, 2001, 02:14 PM
Oh, whatever. Decide on a name prior to registering, duh. Don't think of one when you're doing so and then say "I don't like it" later.

`~Shattered_Halo~`
May 5, 2001, 10:49 AM
COOL!

Im use to having to sign up all over again, its annoying!

Lamer
May 19, 2001, 03:28 AM
Guess what, Tublear, the JMMB didn't do it, either! It's not a good idea. I was an admin there for a while, and people would change there name so often that no one could sort out who was who if we could change names like that. Also, it'd be harder for admins to edit names that are inappropriate.

Stop whining. You could have solved this all by simply omitting any clans you had joined. It's really not as hard as you make it.

-Ad

The JMMB actually did do it, at least once, in a way. Remember 'ACTION HANK' (all caps)? Well, didn't his name get changed to 'Action Hank' (with lower case characters) by an Admin? He even made a topic in the JMMB requesting his username to be changed to Action Hank and an admin granted him his request. An admin had to do something with it because it isn't possible to register 'Action Hank' if there is already an 'ACTION HANK' registered, plus he retained his post counts. But don't get me wrong, Admael stated a lot of good points as to why one shouldn't change their username. This post was just meant to state what I saw.

Visit Spaztic Space (http://www.jzinx.com/) for the encryption, comedy and other cool stuff by the SpamGod.

Ice M A N
May 19, 2001, 05:18 AM
Yeah.. I was wondering who else remembered that. http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I think someone else did too (in the same thread).. Poison Ivee maybe? (It was also all caps, I think)

Lamer
May 19, 2001, 07:42 PM
Maybe someone else did, maybe we can dig through the JMMB backups to find out.

Hellraiser
May 21, 2001, 12:01 PM
I really wish I could change my name too. I changed from "Hellraiser" on JJ2 to "Raiser", and I wish there was a way to do that with JCF.

I have an idea to solve this problem though. Maybe The admins could set up a "username change request" where the user who wants their name changed, can email the admins, and request for them to change it. That way, the admins can keep track of who's who, and there would be no confusion. If the new name is inappropriate, the admin has the power to reject the change request. (but only reject if the new name is inappropriate, not just because you don't feel like changing it.)

Coppertop
May 27, 2001, 03:29 PM
An' what's wrong with your name?

Hellraiser has a good idea there. Of course, I'm not an admin. . .

Lamer
May 27, 2001, 07:29 PM
Good idea, Hellraiser, although name changing is already possible but just isn't supported, as Fquist said.

Fquist_old
May 28, 2001, 07:01 AM
Yep.

When we get vB I might reconsider a request thing.

Lamer
May 28, 2001, 07:47 PM
Fquist, this board is really very good already. If you don't mind me asking, why will you be getting vBulletin?

Electric Ir
May 28, 2001, 10:56 PM
Yeah, it works perfectly. (I think).

Wild Angel
May 29, 2001, 01:28 AM
I have three names here: Emerald Dragon, Nobara, and Wild Angel.

I am in GpW, but I use it only in my WildAngel sig, look below...

Lamer
May 29, 2001, 07:30 PM
What happened to 7of9 (SevenofNine)?

Wild Angel
Jun 1, 2001, 02:50 PM
I am 7OF9. I dunno...

Lamer
Jun 2, 2001, 03:39 AM
Okay, then, for the people whose brains are case sensitive, what happened to 7OF9?

Fquist_old
Jun 2, 2001, 09:05 AM
On , Lamer wrote:

Fquist, this board is really very good already. If you don't mind me asking, why will you be getting vBulletin?

Because the board is very inefficient, inconsistend and buggy.

Lamer
Jun 2, 2001, 07:57 PM
Oh, I see.

ElectroPiZZa
Jun 3, 2001, 12:08 AM
Not anymore. Actually, it was just a certain SteelTalon's signature that caused all the "buggyness". ;-P

- Piz

Fquist_old
Jun 3, 2001, 09:55 AM
I wasn't talking about SteelTalon's signature.

$tilettø
Jun 4, 2001, 12:51 AM
On , Fquist wrote:

Yep.

When we get vB I might reconsider a request thing.

When will You get Vb?

and i trought Yabb was a good Bord Too

ElectroPiZZa
Jun 4, 2001, 09:35 AM
Oh, then what are the other bugs?

- Piz

Fquist_old
Jun 4, 2001, 01:18 PM
Cookies not working.. You can only edit whern logged in.. The code is just so bad.. it's full of bugs.

ElectroPiZZa
Jun 4, 2001, 02:25 PM
Will the post database be transfered over to the vB, or will it be a completely new board? *cough*

- Piz

Fquist_old
Jun 5, 2001, 10:05 AM
Do you think we'd drop all posts? :P

F!re
Aug 10, 2001, 08:40 AM
make a new account

F!re
Aug 10, 2001, 08:41 AM
is this folder bburning now