PDA

View Full Version : A worldrecord.....

Knautilus
Feb 17, 2002, 11:33 AM
I'm going to break a worldrecord for the most levels or jj2 level files in one episode. When I'm finished with my first episode (Space Ships), I'll start with the record. I don't the name yet, but I do know this:
- There are 45 normal levels, 10 levels within only a boss, no other obstacles, 1 level where you can choose a world ( for example, you can't play world #7 before you've finished world #6, 9 levels in a world where you can choose a level of that world, an intro and an ending (credits). Because you come back into a world after you have finished a level or into the world map after you have finished a world, there are 134 jj2 level files (!).
- There are 9 world's within each 5 level and 1 boss. There is 1 world ( world # 10 ) within only 1 level within only 1 boss ( the endboss ), no other obstacles.
- There are 15 different tilesets:
1. Forest 2. Ocean 3. Mountains 4. Haunted House 5. Egyptian 6. Pole 7. Jungle 8. Factory 9. Space Station 10. Schip 11. Cave 12. Roman 13. Swamp 14. Pipeline 15. Other Planet.
- The worlds are called:
1. Wacky Woods 2. Octopus Ocean 3. Mucky Mountains 4. Haunted Houses 5. Sunny South 6. Perilous Pole 7. Jolly Jungle 8. Incredible Industries 9. Savage Space.
- The names of the 10 bosses:
1. Arachinus 2. Arrghus 3. Egalopus 4. Varlocius 5. Scorpius 6. Blachius 7. Gordicus 8. Mechanus 9. Orbitus 10. Kazecmixorius
- I'll report the names of all levels later.......

Are there any comments or suggestions now?

JanusJackrabbit
Feb 17, 2002, 02:46 PM
Sounds complicated. I hope you get a good rating. BTW. Don't rush through making your levels. Take your time.

Link
Feb 18, 2002, 07:09 AM
I don't think that the point of making this should be to beat the record. I really like the idea, but what Janus said, you shouldn't rush through it.

Shephard
Feb 18, 2002, 09:56 AM
Take your time and complete it....
Really, and make some cool endlvl heh.... and btw you should get an END VIDEO

That will high the ratings up to 10.0 oh yeah......

Enigma
Feb 18, 2002, 10:14 AM
Well, as long as you don't let quantity prevail over quality, that should be ok. Do a good job!!

Aiko
Feb 22, 2002, 04:30 AM
Don't expect me to review that! :-)

The March Hare
Feb 25, 2002, 06:25 AM
I think somebody on JMMB once tried something like that... it might have been Bartman. I know I couldn't finish something that big! Good luck.

-The March Hare

P.S. Make quality levels!

it's cool man
Feb 27, 2002, 11:51 AM
Remember people will have to play this before they can rate it, so don't exagerate on it. Also, try not to include too many music files in the download, otherwise people won't have the patience to download the whole thing. But sounds cool, just promise you will NOT stop halfway through!

the WINNER
Mar 9, 2002, 05:51 AM
But HOW MANY LEVELS YOUR EPISODE HAS? I ASK THE TOTAL NUMBER! :confused:

Violet CLM
Mar 9, 2002, 01:57 PM
56 actual levels, 134 .j2l files.

the WINNER
Mar 15, 2002, 06:48 AM
HahHAHAHa
The HALL OF FAME of the MOST LEVELS in a pack
1.Mission Impossible(90 levels or more)
2.RHG(72 levels)
3.Your level(56 levels)
Others I don't rememberLALALA

http://www.gruntz.com
That's the site for a game what RULES!

If you can FInnish, go to MBNET(finnish) (http://www.mbnet.fi)

http://www.gruntz.com/img/misc/world.gif

Violet CLM
Mar 15, 2002, 11:26 AM
You needs must finish it, first.

FQuist
Mar 16, 2002, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by The March Hare
I think somebody on JMMB once tried something like that... it might have been Bartman. I know I couldn't finish something that big! Good luck.

-The March Hare

P.S. Make quality levels!

Back then, *everyone* was trying that. Guess nobody succeeded except Overlord. ;-)

Chiyu
Mar 26, 2002, 02:21 PM
Heh, maybe I will pack all the 184 official Cracco levels, and call it the Cracco “`(-)‚̃pƒbƒN. Pwew, that would be a big file, all those music files, tilesets, (only a few) maps and levels.

URJazzCC
Mar 26, 2002, 08:09 PM
This sounds good, but making large packs isn't always the best thing. It usually makes you stop half-way through and stop production all together (I know from personal experience). I just hope you have more determination and inspiration than the other people who tried this and failed. Good Luck!

BizarrE
Apr 2, 2002, 04:48 AM
I love level packs...

But...
Don't make it in TSF Creation Station.
Take your time.
Add some secret levels.

And start to make levels NOW!

Unhit
Apr 4, 2002, 11:13 PM
I especially like SP-packs. But spend time on it. Make quality levels :D!

White Rabbit
Apr 5, 2002, 01:18 AM
Hmmm...sounds interesting. But the question is: How are ya gonna complete it? If you want the lvls to be any good, it's going to take a LOOOOOOONG time.

White Rabbit
Apr 5, 2002, 01:24 AM
BTW: Make a lvl with the 7th Lava Fall tileset. I've never seen a SP lvl made with it. ;)