PDA

View Full Version : What I'd Like to See in Possum...

Normal
Feb 18, 2002, 08:29 AM
First off: Hi ya'll! Nobody knows who I am (and I'm loving it!)

Now, about the topic itself:

1) STORY / PLOTLINE
A cool story (duh!). Maybe and adventure type story line with different paths and multiple endings. As far as I know it would be the first platformer with a good story (even Jazz didn't really do that IMHO). For example: In game cinematics, a continuously developing plotline, background historys for characters as well as character development, etc.

2) GAMEPLAY
This ones a biggie!

a) Combat
A long time ago (back on the JMMB) the developers talked about having a martial arts style fighting system, making guns secondary. I take it that thats not going to happen any more, so here's my 2 cents:

Weapons would be more rare then a normal side-scroller and ammo would be scarce, hence, guns would be much more valuable to the player. (Also, bring in more weapos than just guns... how about some melee weapons? THAT would be cool.) Martial arts wouldn't replace guns, per se, but there would be many combos and unique moves for each cahracter, including enemies (more later). This might, however, lead to a tricky User Interface, which is not good.

b) Player Characters
How many are planned right now? I think only Skitch is left from the original four (Skitch, Dirk, Jo, Seiya), but I'd like to see the other three possums be at least NPCs.

c) Player Stats
Not neccesarily the normal six RPG stats, but maybe some separate "Possum" stats. I flesh more ideas on that in a later post of mine.

d) "Possum Power"
Dino mentioned a "magic" system... that would probably include a Possum Power (PP) ability (increasable), different powers, and much more interesting gameplay... I really want that Christmas present he was talking about!! :O

3) THE WORLD
Have Road Island be an interactive, player involved world. If Subpanic can produce the first truly immersive 2D world... WOW. That would be awesome.

a) Non Playable Characters
Have some running around in different parts of the levels. i.e. In a possum vilkage have a gaurd patrolling on the outside, and some villagers on the inside of the town. You could talk to them and interact with them, perhaps gaining items, information, or in some cases, a partner on your journey for a while.

I'll (hopefully) write down my multi-play and level creation speculations later... I gotta catch my breath!! :lol:

- Normal

KRSplat
Feb 18, 2002, 11:15 AM
I can't imagine that in 2D, and Possum is 2D. :p

FireSworD
Feb 18, 2002, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by KRSplat
I can't imagine that in 2D, and Possum is 2D. :p

No Possum is "5D" remember?:P

The March Hare
Feb 19, 2002, 08:43 AM
Hard to make an immersive 5D world, yes. Impossible: no. I think it could be done with a lot of work and some ingenuity. But that's only my opinion, and a person can be right only so much.

P.S. I'm Normal, I just forgot my password earlier. :roll: