PDA

View Full Version : Putting 6 different exits leading to 6 different levels.

Knautilus
Feb 19, 2002, 10:22 AM
How can you put 5 different exits wich are leading to 5 different levels? I want to use that in my worldrecord-episode.

Cpp
Feb 19, 2002, 11:43 AM
The problem is you CAN'T!
There are max 3 exits in every level.
Next level, secret level and bonus level.

Phoneix
Feb 19, 2002, 12:20 PM
Ever thought of having a level span three levels? That can make 9 exits total, with 4 being used for connections, do the math.

Mystical
Feb 19, 2002, 05:46 PM
I think I get it..

Cpp
Feb 20, 2002, 07:14 AM
Umm no, since if you use a secret level exit it cannot have another secret level exit in it. It gives an error.

The March Hare
Feb 20, 2002, 09:13 AM
Really? I didn't know that...

Another thing, in the Jazz2 tutorial (that comes with the game) it says not to use Bonus Level unless you know what you're doing... why is that? I never had any troubles.

-The March Hare

Cpp
Feb 20, 2002, 11:41 AM
Neither had I. I guess I knew what I was doing :D

Violet CLM
Feb 20, 2002, 12:45 PM
The Bonus Level takes you to the Secret Level field. Period. Nothing else. It's also the most efficient and least crash producing way to get to a Secret Level.

The March Hare
Feb 20, 2002, 12:48 PM
Secret levels crash?!

I'm learning new things every day!

-The March Hare

it's cool man
Feb 27, 2002, 11:30 AM
The problem with using a Bonus level exit is that after beating it you land back at the place where you left (I think), so you couldn't have that split up into more.

Why don't you make a sort of level map, and every time you beat a level, a new door opens (so a new level map level everytime.. err.. you see what I mean?) I tried making something like what you are trying already, but it never worked.

Violet CLM
Feb 27, 2002, 12:59 PM
WRONG. Almost Every way to a Secret Level sends you back to the place where you started, or makes you play the secret level again. Using the Bonus Level sign, once you complete the secret level, you go to the beginning of the level in the Next Level setting.

EvilMike
Feb 27, 2002, 02:45 PM
That is correct. I strongly advise aganst using "secret levels". There is almost no way to easily make a level after one that is set as a secret.

JanusJackrabbit
Feb 27, 2002, 03:45 PM
Can you have a secret level after a secret level?

Ginny
Feb 27, 2002, 06:19 PM
umm?

JanusJackrabbit
Feb 27, 2002, 06:25 PM
Let me restate that. What combinations can you make with secret, next, and bonus level events?

Violet CLM
Feb 27, 2002, 11:51 PM
All I know is this.

Next levels always work perfectly, as long as the next level exists.
Bonus Level Events always send you to the Secret Level.
Never use any of the various Secret Level events unless it's totally necessary, as they're all buggy, and the Bonus Level event does a better job.
I don't know about Secret Levels from Secret Levels, but there's nothing to stop you from trying it.

Shiverz
Mar 1, 2002, 11:29 AM
Right I Have Never Ever Ever (3 Hours Later) Ever Ever Used A Secret Or Bonus Level Exit On My Jazz Levels So I Know Nothing But I Do Know That Bonus Lvls Are Better To Use As The Next Level Rather Than Secret I Kepp Getting A Bug On My Secret Levels I Cant Goto The Next Lvl After

:O New :O I Have 1.25 :O

Just Kidding :lol: