PDA

View Full Version : Black Ninja has done something to help us get jj3. maybe.

Black Ninja
Feb 19, 2002, 07:35 PM
alright, i couldnt post a message on Project3Interactive's website, and so i sent them THIS email:

Hello!
I have read the thread on your message board titled 'what would you
like to see as our next product', and I tried posting but it wouldn't
let me create an account. So, I will send you some information here.
My website, found at
*WHOAH! you thought i'd post it here?!* has all the
information and screenshots you might need to get you started. as for
the 'silly prices' Epic is asking, I can't help you there. =)
Thank you,
Black Ninja

they sent a message back saying they've passed the info on, now we can only wait. and if this brings us jj3, you may all call me MASTER. :lol:

Black Ninja
Feb 19, 2002, 07:36 PM
and if this brings us jj3, be as surprised as i will be. =p

Monolith
Feb 19, 2002, 08:58 PM
They probably passed it on to the trash can.

Violet CLM
Feb 19, 2002, 10:12 PM
I honestly don't understand that.

The March Hare
Feb 20, 2002, 07:17 AM
C'mon c'mon 'cmon...

MAKE JAZZ 3 ALREADY!!!

There, I got it out of my system.

-The March Hare

Cpp
Feb 20, 2002, 08:19 AM
lol, Monolith

Black Ninja
Feb 20, 2002, 07:47 PM
and the site really does tell EVERYTHING. even somewhat of a walkthrough. ;p

Txl Kill
Mar 5, 2002, 02:50 AM
JJ3 has already been made lmbo its just sucky demo :-p

Derby: Acronym edit.

Black Ninja
Mar 5, 2002, 09:22 PM
well....yeah. fine, forget that i try to help us get the sucky demo. =p

EvilMike
Mar 5, 2002, 09:32 PM
A lot of us have it. It sucks.

Black Ninja
Mar 7, 2002, 07:51 PM
i know. actually....i quite enjoyed it. ;p
but the bosses are duuuuummmmmmb.

Cesar
Mar 8, 2002, 05:52 AM
Inspiring music and levels (like the flooded castle basement). But it needs more objects and stuff ;p

yet, it's only a demo.

~SPLASH~
Mar 8, 2002, 06:02 AM
I enjoyed it. But then I found out it ended after the first castle and I stabb ed my arms with a knife. :P

edit: thank you Crono :P

<Crono>
Mar 8, 2002, 10:22 PM
That must've been painfull. you ment stabbed not stapped right?

Cesar
Mar 9, 2002, 02:49 AM
[/b]pp bb qq dd[/b]

hehe.

Jazz3D has couple good battle levels, but the multiplayer code has some few bugs in it.

KRSplat
Mar 9, 2002, 05:17 AM
We've done this before.. JJ3 won, I don't think anyone voted for anything else. But Project3 hasn't done anything.

Actually, we just replied to the topic. I may still have an account there :D

What was their site address again?

~SPLASH~
Mar 9, 2002, 06:58 AM
They just put in Jazz3 into the vote option so their game choice isnt so terrible, disgusting, idiotic, stupiditiously low. Even if Jazz would get 90 % of the votes, they would still create the game with the 2nd most votes.

JJ BBoy KS
Mar 12, 2002, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Monolith
They probably passed it on to the trash can.

:lol:

I say we flood P3I's message board with tons of posts saying to make JJ3. Hey, BlackNinja, why won't you show your site?

defalcon
Mar 13, 2002, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by JJ BBoy KS

:lol:

I say we flood P3I's message board with tons of posts saying to make JJ3. Hey, BlackNinja, why won't you show your site?

Erm, I think we pretty much did: http://www.p3int.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=2&CAT_ID=1&Forum_Title=New+Products

They were basically interested, but now the forum's been shut down. I dunno why. :(

Kaz
Mar 13, 2002, 01:30 PM
But we cheated on that poll didn't we?

Anyways, if there's a demo for Unreal, we should be able to have teh jj3 demo. And just a few bugs in the multiplayer?! THE CLIENTS DON'T EVEN GET HIT POINTS!!! Althought it' is a pretty cool game considering.

The castle level ruled, as well as the basement, the netcode was faster than jj2's and allowed actual evading. The weapons were pretty cool considering again. Needless to say, I'd stay off the computer for a while (3 days or so) and download a decent demo than wait overnight 6 days for it.

defalcon
Mar 14, 2002, 12:30 AM
I'd like to see it play on the net.

Cesar
Mar 15, 2002, 12:01 AM
Evading shots would still be harder for me. Even though I completely avoided in my screen, I still get hurt. Unreal engine does not support lag-tolerance. Stupid server-side codes only.

Well yes, a few bugs. :D You already mentioned it.

And client's ammo doesn't recharge. There just something in the unreal script that needs to be adjusted.

If I could only understand unreal script good enough.

KRSplat
Mar 15, 2002, 02:43 PM
We never cheated on the P3 THREAD. It wasn't a poll, they asked "What game woould you like to see made?" and we won. We didn't cheat.

We cheated on the GodGames poll. Hehe, NewSpaz or someone found a thread on some MB for one of the other games and they said "The green bunny's WINNING!" They guessed we were cheating. THEN WE INVADED THEIR FORUM W00H00

Tubz
Mar 15, 2002, 03:04 PM
Good Luck Black Ninja. How the heck did you all get the demo!?

CyberGunner
Mar 15, 2002, 04:04 PM
Really, howd u get the demo, and whats the URL:(

defalcon
Mar 15, 2002, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by CyberGunner
Really, howd u get the demo, and whats the URL:(

Dude, you CAN'T get the demo. It's illegal.

Black Ninja
Mar 16, 2002, 09:13 AM
alright, first of all:
I can't show any of you the website. And if i did, all you'd get is a big fat 'enter username/password' screen.
second:
getting the demo is completely against the law in every way possible. dont ask.

RosetaLopRabbit
Mar 16, 2002, 11:15 AM
what did you make this topic for then?:p

Nadine
Mar 30, 2002, 06:42 PM
Oh man, why is that forum down? I wanted to contribute to it!

I'm telling you guys, be patient, never give up, and ANNOY THE **** OUT OF THEM! Or Epic, or whoever owns the rights to Jazz Jackrabbit games. Some people say forget it, it's pointless, Jazz has no future. Screw that!

You know, I'm also a very huge Sierra fan and Sierra went through a lot of changes since 1996. So many talented people that made their series and their success got laid off, Sierra was focusing on "new projects" rather than what they are all about. There was going to be a Space Quest 7, but it wasn't going to be too great. Now a new guy has bought the company, and he's rehiring staff and doing his homework on what made the company so great. He is determined to bring back Sierra and bring back the old series, starting with SQ7. It seems promising, and if they come back, it's because the fans never forgot about the series, and bugged Sierra a lot.

Now Sierra has many game series with many sequels and many fans for each. They sold well. Jazz hasn't been given enough of a chance. There was Jazz Jackrabbit, it sold well I think, right? And Jazz 2 didn't. But CC and TSF only came out in Europe, and they were the same engine anyway. Jazz hasn't been on GameBoy Advance, hasn't been on any consoles, hasn't been in 3D! There's so much they could do with the series, and it would make a lot of money I think.

So why do they want to be so quick to give up on it? Maybe we should annoy Project 3 Interactive or Epic, or maybe we should just email the animators of the games, and they can work for a company that would like to work on the project and would be able to make it good, and not just just another bland 3D platformer. I know just what Jazz 3 should be like. It would blend elements of Jazz 1 and 2, Fur Fighters, and some solid 3D platformers that are very popular. It would be a third-person platformer/shooter, but you could see Jazz from any angle.

If we're patient and persistant and we email the right people, the project will be in the bag. Ya know, I hope!

Nadine
Mar 30, 2002, 06:44 PM
Sheesh. The curse word I used shouldn't trigger censoring. It's a pretty mild word, unless you're five.

defalcon
Mar 31, 2002, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Nadine

Now Sierra has many game series with many sequels and many fans for each. They sold well. Jazz hasn't been given enough of a chance. There was Jazz Jackrabbit, it sold well I think, right? And Jazz 2 didn't. But CC and TSF only came out in Europe, and they were the same engine anyway. Jazz hasn't been on GameBoy Advance, hasn't been on any consoles, hasn't been in 3D! There's so much they could do with the series, and it would make a lot of money I think.
Erm Jazz was GOING to be on the GBC, then they upped it to GBA, but it seems canned now. JJ3 was GOING to be on the PS2, but as you know...

So why do they want to be so quick to give up on it? Maybe we should annoy Project 3 Interactive or Epic, or maybe we should just email the animators of the games, and they can work for a company that would like to work on the project and would be able to make it good, and not just just another bland 3D platformer. I know just what Jazz 3 should be like. It would blend elements of Jazz 1 and 2, Fur Fighters, and some solid 3D platformers that are very popular. It would be a third-person platformer/shooter, but you could see Jazz from any angle.

If we're patient and persistant and we email the right people, the project will be in the bag. Ya know, I hope!
We have nagged them. They get annoyed and it just decreases the chance - Epic is different than Sierra. And as for P3, we DID ask them, they were even interested, but apparently Epic was asking for high prices to use the characters. Also, I know just what JJ3 should be like - exactly what the demo JJ3 is like - 3rd person adventure-shooter. I've played Fur Fighters, and while it's cool, I don't think it'd be the best for JJ3 - it's too limiting.

Nadine
Mar 31, 2002, 02:33 PM
Well, I don't know what you mean by Fur Fighters being limiting, but as I haven't played the Jazz 3 demo, and as Fur Fighters is the closest game that would resemble Jazz 3 (what with cartoon animals with guns) that is why I said it should be like it. Please elaborate on how it's limiting. Certianly Jazz 3 could add more to the concept and make a better game out of it. It would be very much a 3D platformer, except Jazz would shoot the enemies (or stomp on them, or whatever like Jazz 2), and unlike Fur Fighters, the view shouldn't be limited to seeing the character's back. A full view should be allowed.

Well, whatever cause them to get annoyed and less interested we don't want to do. But what can we do then? Maybe they'll fail at their other projects, and realise Jazz is the way to go. Make a lot of money on a well-known franchise before you try something new with not enough money to risk.

Stijn
Apr 9, 2002, 07:34 AM
It's mean. Everyone seems to ave the demo, except me! Give it to me too!

Mystical
Apr 11, 2002, 02:57 PM
I dont have it!

Apr 14, 2002, 02:09 AM
I saw it, seems to be a beta, not a demo!

||Slim
Apr 14, 2002, 05:38 AM
I think JJ3D would go PERFECT on the GBA / PS2 ( PS2 for internet support! :) ). It would be like Unreal Tournament with Team Battle mode...... WoW :)

Nadine
Apr 26, 2002, 04:13 PM
So, their boards are back up. Whatever happened to flooding their boards with requests for Jazz Jackrabbit 3?

Oh yeah, and why are we asking them to make it? Epic made Jazz 1 and 2, but I guess they will never ever make a sequel. What about GodGames? Didn't they have something to do with it? And what's up with Project 3 Interactive? Did they change their number from 2 to 3 or something? Do you think these guys would be able to make a good Jazz sequel? I haven't heard about this company before. Where are the creators of Jazz 1 and 2? Are they still with Epic? What is Arjan, Nick and Dean up to these days? Why has Epic abandoned Jazz 2? It's not all THAT old. 1998 is kind of old, but why have they already abandoned it?

It's just not right for Epic to hold on to the rights, but not support the game's fans anymore and not create a new patch or provide the sourcecode. I know the game wasn't very successful, but Epic has to support their customers or it can give them a bad image, and if they lose our interest we may not buy some of their products. I know I don't care about Unreal 2 unless it's REALLY something. FPS are too similar as it is. Why don't they support the Jazz licence and audience or sell it to someone? Someone who will be faithful to the series AND to the fans! It's not just because I'm a fan, but I think Jazz 3 could really be profitable if they make it right and advertise it properly. It could be similiar to Fur Fighters, but even better!

Come on, let's bug Epic and Project 3, and maybe even GodGames.

Nadine
Apr 26, 2002, 04:27 PM
Oh, I actually see that you guys sure DID flood it! Wow! Ofcourse, that was in 2001, I wonder if they remember the suggestions. You know, they can't ignore THAT big a response. Anyway, it sucks that it's locked now, because I had some ideas also that I wanted to add.... :(

defalcon
Apr 26, 2002, 07:46 PM
Oh yeah, and why are we asking them to make it? Epic made Jazz 1 and 2, but I guess they will never ever make a sequel. What about GodGames? Didn't they have something to do with it? And what's up with Project 3 Interactive? Did they change their number from 2 to 3 or something? Do you think these guys would be able to make a good Jazz sequel? I haven't heard about this company before. Where are the creators of Jazz 1 and 2? Are they still with Epic? What is Arjan, Nick and Dean up to these days? Why has Epic abandoned Jazz 2? It's not all THAT old. 1998 is kind of old, but why have they already abandoned it?

It's just not right for Epic to hold on to the rights, but not support the game's fans anymore and not create a new patch or provide the sourcecode. I know the game wasn't very successful, but Epic has to support their customers or it can give them a bad image, and if they lose our interest we may not buy some of their products. I know I don't care about Unreal 2 unless it's REALLY something. FPS are too similar as it is. Why don't they support the Jazz licence and audience or sell it to someone? Someone who will be faithful to the series AND to the fans! It's not just because I'm a fan, but I think Jazz 3 could really be profitable if they make it right and advertise it properly. It could be similiar to Fur Fighters, but even better!

Come on, let's bug Epic and Project 3, and maybe even GodGames.
GodGames doesn't WANT to publish it cause they lost money on JJ2 Nadine. Project 3 can't do anything because EPic is being nasty with the rights. Epic has abandoned everything except Unreal because it's their big cash cow. DROP IT, we're not gonna get it. Arjan is working on stuff at LostBoys, Nick I dunno, Dean no longer has interest and doesn't like being pestered.

It IS right for Epic to not give out the sourcecode because THEY HOLD THE RIGHTS TO THE GAME ENGINE AND GAME!!! Many companies no longer provide support for old games and no longer provide updates eg: Worms Armageddon doesn't work on XP, but Team 17 hasn't provided any patch. THey don't give away the license cause they DON'T WANT TO. Most gamers like lots of violence at least the majority does, and that's what the publishers will support - Jazz will never be about violence and thus won't get support. And Unreal 2, though you may not care for it, is one of THE most anticipated titles - guaranteed to make them money. PLEASE, I'm getting tired of these threads, jsut drop the matter.

Nadine
Apr 27, 2002, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by defalcon

GodGames doesn't WANT to publish it cause they lost money on JJ2 Nadine. Project 3 can't do anything because EPic is being nasty with the rights. Epic has abandoned everything except Unreal because it's their big cash cow. DROP IT, we're not gonna get it. Arjan is working on stuff at LostBoys, Nick I dunno, Dean no longer has interest and doesn't like being pestered.

Unreal2 had better be GOOD then. REALLY good. ANOTHER first person shooter? Even fans of the genre must be getting sick of them by now. And if that franchise/genre is all Epic has going for them, it doesn't say much about their company, because there are other companies also making FPS. It's not like they specialize in it or are much better at making them than other companies. Sierra makes them, ID makes them, and Duke Nukem Forever should blow all over FPS shooters away. People will see through the same ol, same ol games, and what will Epic have left? They'll be remembered as a company that used to be great, but no longer. So Unreal 2 better be the most amazing thing anything has ever seen, and it probably will just be cool and nothing more.

It IS right for Epic to not give out the sourcecode because THEY HOLD THE RIGHTS TO THE GAME ENGINE AND GAME!!! Many companies no longer provide support for old games and no longer provide updates eg: Worms Armageddon doesn't work on XP, but Team 17 hasn't provided any patch. THey don't give away the license cause they DON'T WANT TO.

I'm not talking about "right" being legal. I mean, it being morally RIGHT. To suck in gamers and then take the possibility of continuing the series is just plain mean. To keep the rights to yourself and not use them may be mean but also you're not making any money off it anymore. If this industry is all about money, than if someone wants to pay them a lot of money for the rights to a franchise that they don't care about anymore, than why not sell it?

Most gamers like lots of violence at least the majority does, and that's what the publishers will support - Jazz will never be about violence and thus won't get support.

Hmm, a bunny with a big gun, that's SO not violent. Okay maybe there isn't any blood or realistic weapons, but the gameplay is action based. Besides, there only being Jazz 1 and 2 (and variations of them), they are both 2D, no blood, and one was successful, one bombed. If Jazz 3 was 3D, more difficult, better advertised, made similar in someways to Fur Fighters (it was pretty violent for a cartoon game, it had a TEEN rating, enemies noticeably "died" rather than becoming small bits, and they could be decapitated and you could kick the head around) it would sell very well I think.

It's really silly to give up on a franchise that hasn't had much chance, and base it on how a game sold that was rather quickly put togther and needed a lot more work, and released as a 2D game in a time when people want 3D. If it was just about being a loyal "fangirl", I know it would be hopeless to ask for Jazz 3. But there are a lot of us really, and even people who have enjoyed Jazz before but aren't a member of these forums, PLUS I really know that if the sequel was done properly, it would be accepted by the masses and be popular. Look at how popular cute games are when done right: Spyro, Sonic, Mario, Pokemon... And it isn't all for kids, and we don't have a platform mascot for the PC except for Jazz, and they should make the franchise across more platforms as well. I think some companies focus on the wrong things when they think about what sells and what doesn't. Slap a game together quickly, don't advertise, and it doesn't matter if it's cute or violent - it won't sell.

PLEASE, I'm getting tired of these threads, jsut drop the matter.

Hmm, and yet you are so addicted to responding to them to tell me just how sick you are of them. It may be a LONG TIME from now, but if it should happen that a Jazz 3 or a new Jazz comes along, I'm going to make a signature just for you that say's "IN YOUR FACE DEFALCON!"

Until then, as long as I stay withen the right topics and don't flood other topics with posts about this matter, I will continue to make whatever topics I see fit. If a post like this comes around, you are not required by law to answer it. I don't know what your beef is with me and this matter. I have a freedom of speech, as do you. Besides, isn't it better that I ask questions or just talk to you guys about this BEFORE going to the companies? I sure don't want to make it guaranteed that we won't get more Jazz. I understand you are getting frustrated and impatient with me, as I am somewhat of a newbie here and full of positive optimism. But you don't have to agree with me, and you don't have to reply. I was just checking up on this topic, because it had somewhat of a ray of hope. Isn't that something you have to take advantage of when the opportunity arises?

defalcon
Apr 27, 2002, 03:29 AM
Unreal2 had better be GOOD then. REALLY good. ANOTHER first person shooter? Even fans of the genre must be getting sick of them by now. And if that franchise/genre is all Epic has going for them, it doesn't say much about their company, because there are other companies also making FPS. It's not like they specialize in it or are much better at making them than other companies. Sierra makes them, ID makes them, and Duke Nukem Forever should blow all over FPS shooters away. People will see through the same ol, same ol games, and what will Epic have left? They'll be remembered as a company that used to be great, but no longer. So Unreal 2 better be the most amazing thing anything has ever seen, and it probably will just be cool and nothing more.
Nadine, most people aren't sick of FPS's, which is why they're DOING SO WELL. And yes Epic does specialise in it, condsidering Unreal Torunament and the Unreal Series are some of the most popular FPS's around. And Unreal II is looking pretty darn good.
I'm not talking about "right" being legal. I mean, it being morally RIGHT. To suck in gamers and then take the possibility of continuing the series is just plain mean. To keep the rights to yourself and not use them may be mean but also you're not making any money off it anymore. If this industry is all about money, than if someone wants to pay them a lot of money for the rights to a franchise that they don't care about anymore, than why not sell it?
Because they're a company - they care about money. If it doesn't involve them earning cash by the bucketfull, they aren't interested.

Hmm, a bunny with a big gun, that's SO not violent. Okay maybe there isn't any blood or realistic weapons, but the gameplay is action based. Besides, there only being Jazz 1 and 2 (and variations of them), they are both 2D, no blood, and one was successful, one bombed. If Jazz 3 was 3D, more difficult, better advertised, made similar in someways to Fur Fighters (it was pretty violent for a cartoon game, it had a TEEN rating, enemies noticeably "died" rather than becoming small bits, and they could be decapitated and you could kick the head around) it would sell very well I think.
No, a bunny with a big gun is not violent when compared with games such as Soldier of Fortune, where you can shoot them in individual body parts to produce individual pain-reactions and deaths. JJ1 was successful because platformers were popular then. Jazz 3 IS/WAS 3D. It is/was cool. But as I've said, NOBODY WANTS TO PUBLISH IT. Even Arjan, the creator of Jazz, and Noogy, the main driving force behind the now-defunct JJ3, want nothing to do with it. And I've played Fur Fighters. It was advertised well. It isn't exactly topping the charts. So JJ3 if made and advertised in the same way will?
It's really silly to give up on a franchise that hasn't had much chance, and base it on how a game sold that was rather quickly put togther and needed a lot more work, and released as a 2D game in a time when people want 3D. If it was just about being a loyal "fangirl", I know it would be hopeless to ask for Jazz 3. But there are a lot of us really, and even people who have enjoyed Jazz before but aren't a member of these forums, PLUS I really know that if the sequel was done properly, it would be accepted by the masses and be popular. Look at how popular cute games are when done right: Spyro, Sonic, Mario, Pokemon... And it isn't all for kids, and we don't have a platform mascot for the PC except for Jazz, and they should make the franchise across more platforms as well. I think some companies focus on the wrong things when they think about what sells and what doesn't. Slap a game together quickly, don't advertise, and it doesn't matter if it's cute or violent - it won't sell.
Really silly to give up on a franchise that doesn't have much of a chance...that there is a contradiction because if it has no chance, they should bow out before they lose money which, by the way, they did. And even though there are alot of people who enjoy Jazz that aren't on the forums as well, we're still a minority compared to the hundreds of thousands of people who play Quake, Unreal and Counterstrike. The sequel was being done really well, I mean, Noogy was the main designer. He values gameplay alot and isn't impressed just by glitsy lighting effects and whatnot in a game. But it doesn't mean the game will sell well. Oh, and most people over the age of 12 don't like Pokemon that much. Mario and Sonic and Spyro - many of the console mascots, as well as the consoles, are geared towards the younger fans because the majority of older gamers don't like cutesy wootsey as much s a nice round of Team Fortress Classic. No duh companies don't focus on the right aspects, see games such as Postal or Kingpin. :roll: But even if it were advertiesed correctly, think it'd attract as many people as, say, Doom 3 or Unreal Torunament 2?
Hmm, and yet you are so addicted to responding to them to tell me just how sick you are of them. It may be a LONG TIME from now, but if it should happen that a Jazz 3 or a new Jazz comes along, I'm going to make a signature just for you that say's "IN YOUR FACE DEFALCON!"
Go ahead. I have lots of things in my face. For instance, I had steak in my face when I was eating lunch. I had rice in my face when I was eating dinner. Do signatures taste nice? :p

Look, I'm not trying to be hostile, I'm just getting the point across. The chances of a new Jazz are very low.

Darn, that's the longest rant I've posted in a while.

Nadine
Apr 27, 2002, 09:42 PM
Defalcon, the things you just said shows exactly what's wrong with this industry. If FPS, even though they have been around since Wolfenstein 3D in 1992, and all have multiplayer, and all are about the same keep being made, certainly people will get sick of companies only making them. Even EA who specializes in sports doesn't ONLY do sports. They try to go into other realms of what they can do. There are plenty of non violent games that are also very popular, and clearly games aren't as popular with kids as older gamers. Maybe Mario and Pokemon is kid's stuff. Besides Conker's Bad Fur Day, and some other exceptions, Rare and Nintendo do focus solely on kids. As far as I know Spyro, Sonic, Crash, this new Sony platformer, is popular with people of different ages. Fur Fighters was advertised well? Where? I don't just mean in game magazines. What about TV commercials? I never saw an advertisement like that for it, and I'm sure if it was advertised on TV it would have sold better. Ofcourse it was underrated and that didn't help. Maybe Jazz needs to swear - just a BIT, and you could hardly hear it, or maybe enough violence to get people's attention. I don't know just HOW violent you think games need to be to be popular, but if they are so violent that they cause a public concern and get taken off the shelves, that won't exactly sell well.

People are still getting used to the idea of cute games being violent, or specifically aimed at teens and older people. Maybe when this idea becomes more popular, Jazz will be there. If it happens though, I know it will be to cash in on the craze, not to make Jazz fans happy. But if this industry, particularly with PC games, is only going to be about the same ol games and no one ever trys new stuff, it's going to be the copy-cat companies who don't make much money.

Hey, I'm not saying it makes sense to release Jazz 3 now, though I would appreciate it ;) , I'm saying there's more to this industry than shoot em ups and violent games, and if not, than the games will all be the same crap, and stop being fun. Maybe BECAUSE Epic is having such success with Unreal games, they should consider making Jazz 3. I mean, it would be 3D (needs way more polys tho), it would be a third person shootemup, and it should have online deathmatch. Just like Unreal Tournament but with a fresh twist. I think it would work very very well. That was the problem with Fur Fighters actually. Only the PC version had online play, and I don't even know when it was out for PC cause I never saw it. But had it been mass marketed and mass produced for PC, the story would be different. And if it was available to play in stores, like what Radio Shack and London Drugs does, it would catch attention. I think Electronics Boutique needs to have a PC on display to play.

One day Defalcon, I hope I'm right. I hope they make it and it will be very popular. I think the idea of cute characters killing each other is halarious, and I'm sure others will agree, if only more games like that existed so that we could test it out for ourselves with some friends...

Shadow XZ
May 8, 2002, 05:12 AM
Hey, just thought I'd point out a few interesting notes.
1. You remember the Zelda series? Until like 1998, they didn't make a zelda game since 1991... about 7 years... Just wait this out, and keep trying your hardest to get a game made... It'll happen if you keep trying, but until then, like I said on the other forum, I'm gonna try to start working on MY version of a Jazz3D game.
2. If getting Jazz3 Demo is so illegal, then why you have it? Maybe Epic knows that many Jazzers out there have the demo illegally, and are mad about that, and kind of got fed up with the whole idea of a Jazz3 in the first place. I know some company will come back and pick up Jazz someday in the future... Who knows... It could even be me!:O :lol:

JanusJackrabbit
May 8, 2002, 07:32 AM
Epic lost money on Jazz. That's the problem.:(

Nadine
May 8, 2002, 11:52 PM
Good point Shadow. Space Quest 7 is another example. That game was essentially canned, but they may be working on it again as they realise it may still be profitable and that they must make games that are what Sierra stands for and what Sierra is best at. I hope they don't screw it up.

Yes, they lost money on Jazz2, but how much money and time did they put into it? Not much. There hasn't been enough Jazz games to prove that the series is not popular or profitable. Some times you fail, sometimes the company must take risks and sometimes lose money. If they made several Jazz games and they all lost money I would understand. But Jazz 2 was rushed, 2D, and other things. It was still great, but if you throw a game together, don't expect to get amazing sales numbers. I think a 3D Jazz game that's really done right would be profitable for them. But there's this stereotype that action = $, cute = for kids only. I really hate that stereo type. Besides, who says a game can't have action, but cute and make money all at the same time? I use Fur Fighters as an example, but again, they just didn't advertise on TV enough, or didn't market properly. I've played 4 player - it's crazy fun, my friends agree. Online would have been better, this was for Dreamcast, but it's also on PC and Ps2.

Jazz needs more of a chance, but let's just be patient. Who are we to say the series ends with Jazz 2? Hopefully not.

defalcon
May 9, 2002, 12:04 AM
Please not FUr Fighters. I like the game, but for Jazz, nope. Bad game engine, horibble control system, bad camera...ugh ugh ugh...not to mention it has alot of texture problems.

JanusJackrabbit
May 9, 2002, 07:40 AM
Earthworm Jim 3D. That has pretty good gameplay.

Nadine
May 9, 2002, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by defalcon
Please not FUr Fighters. I like the game, but for Jazz, nope. Bad game engine, horibble control system, bad camera...ugh ugh ugh...not to mention it has alot of texture problems.

What version of Fur Fighters did you play? Is the PC version like that? The Dreamcast version had perfect controls, a camera you didn't have to worry about, and I never noticed texture problems. The graphics could have been better, but they weren't too bad. Besides, I don't mean EXACTLY like Fur Fighters. But it is the only 3D game I've played that compares to Jazz at all, unless you include MDK2 - but the controls and camera are identical. If you can recommend a better 3D game that Jazz 3D could be influenced by, please go ahead. I also never played the Jazz 3 demo, so I don't know how it was turning out. But judging by the screenshots, the characters very low poly. By the way, show me a platform game that actually has a GOOD camera system. I haven't played one yet. They always seem to get the camera wrong.

defalcon
May 10, 2002, 12:49 AM
What version of Fur Fighters did you play? Is the PC version like that? The Dreamcast version had perfect controls, a camera you didn't have to worry about, and I never noticed texture problems. The graphics could have been better, but they weren't too bad. Besides, I don't mean EXACTLY like Fur Fighters. But it is the only 3D game I've played that compares to Jazz at all, unless you include MDK2 - but the controls and camera are identical. If you can recommend a better 3D game that Jazz 3D could be influenced by, please go ahead. I also never played the Jazz 3 demo, so I don't know how it was turning out. But judging by the screenshots, the characters very low poly. By the way, show me a platform game that actually has a GOOD camera system. I haven't played one yet. They always seem to get the camera wrong.
Played the PC version. Seen the Dreamcast version. Not exactly crash hot. And I can recommend a good JJ3 influence - JJ3 - I trust Noogy knows what he was doing, he's a gameplay-over-graphic kind of guy. And the graphics were awesome considering it used only an early version of the Unreal Tournament engine. And camera angles that are good? <s>JJ3</s>

Shadow XZ
May 10, 2002, 01:48 PM
Ok. i got a few more things done. I got the basic like overview stuff (Camera angle, gun firing, jumping etc.) the basic stuff. No screenshots yet...

StormyThunder
Aug 7, 2002, 05:49 PM
I don't know how some people got the Jazz 3 demo and told us it was illegal to get it. It got canceled a long time ago and it seems like the Jazz creators are just forgetting about Jazz. Jazz Jackrabbit is my top favorite game!

I don't think they should go off and just do other things and not work on Jazz Jackrabbit 3 game. I understand that they might have other things to do, but I think they should start earning enough money to buy a publisher. The least they would be to work on only a little every day.

It might take a long time to finish, but I'm not going to stop excpecting it to come.

I've heard that the Jazz 3 FAQ is going to be updated, but J2O said that in July or something and it still hasn't been updated. I just hope it has good news instead of bad news.

I would like Jazz 3 to come, even if it doesn't turn out to have good graphics or anything. The only character I've seen is Jazz in the Jazz screenshot gallery and maybe they'll make show screenshots of the rest of the characters too, although Jazz is my favorite character.

I've been waiting since last year for Jazz 3. Then soon the Jazz 3 FAQ went down and that made it even worse. Well, at least now it's back up. I like to look at the FAQ. Someday I'm going to memorize that whole thing. At least I've got Jazz 3 music on a CD. I also have them saved on my computer so I can listen to the songs while I'm online.

I just hope that Jazz 3 comes out and I hope I didn't bore you to death. :lol:

thumper cc
Aug 24, 2002, 01:04 PM
did you say anywhere in your email that what you wanted was jazz three

Tubz
Aug 24, 2002, 06:02 PM
I'm attempting to collect all the Jazz2 games, got 1 more to go JJ2: CC99. I can't wait for the answer I hope it is positive and that JJ3 will be made, I shall not give up hope and neither should any of you.

Hare
Aug 29, 2002, 02:06 AM
I figured one day I'd have enough money to buy Jazz from epic, it seems they only liscense to experienced professionals. Problem is, I have no guaruntee that my projects are going to make money or not, though my hopes are that Eclipse Galleries will be a winner... I'm not an experienced professional. And when I think about it, it would be better off just to make a Jazz clone. Jazz himself, is a clone of Sonic the Hedgehog... And again, I have no guaruntee that it will make money, even though it would be in 3D (making it 2D is suicide). I don't really how all this chatter comes together, but my point is, that when epic believes they can make money off Jazz, then they will make a sequel. Don't purposely annoy the companies for it, because of such action, they will loath Jazz. I don't know the remedy to your desire for a new Jazz game... but I have an idea. Pull together as a community. You all have a desire for a new Jazz game. You all have skills. Programmers, artists, writers, level designers, modelers even. What are you missing? You don't need Epic's Jazz, you can make your own, if you pull together and get organized. Quit asking, it has been too long. Start moving. I don't say we should use jazz at all, but make a similar game. And it will be wonderful, because it will be ours. *sigh* it is a dream. I have the perfect game creation software, but it will cost. http://www.3DGameStudio.com this software has no royalties though. I'm thinking the level designers and programmers can get the standard edition, and someone will have to get the commercial edition to put it all together (for multiplayer mode ;)) nevermind, I don't think you guys are up to it. I don't know why I brought it up.

Tubz
Sep 3, 2002, 06:03 PM
P3interactive is run by a bunch of idiots.

Tubz
Sep 3, 2002, 06:07 PM
Haha you all know that this will be at their loss if they don't want to make JJ3. First of all Jazz2 is 4 years old, and it's still a great game. Maybe if they weren't so thick-headed they would see that JJ3 would be 20x or more, more popular than JJ2.

And since all you people care about is Eye Candy/Graphics making it 3d will be a huge change for the series. I really don't care about the graphics. It can be the crappiest looking game and if the gameplay owns then I will buy the game.

Not to mention JJ2 has more bugs than all the different kind of bugs in the world. But it is still popular as heck.

Neobeo
Sep 4, 2002, 03:07 AM
yea... i personally believe that if jazz 3 was released it would beat big names like half-life, starcraft and diablo II

defalcon
Sep 4, 2002, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by Neobeo
yea... i personally believe that if jazz 3 was released it would beat big names like half-life, starcraft and diablo II
Sorry to be a pessimist, but I disagree. Jazz has a very small audience compared to such games as those you mentioned. Sad to say, most people are going to want to frag aliens, hack people apart and burn people's bases than run around as a rabbit.