PDA

View Full Version : The Bad Word Filter--we had a few problems with it...

Tubbs
Apr 15, 2001, 09:04 AM
Okay, I thank you very much for this, whoever put this in.

But, I have some minor problems, and so do some other people.

I'm (make that Kiku, also, and a lot of folks) not the type to swear, all right? Therefore, this shouldn't affect me too much.

But Kiku noticed that there are some totally innocent words that are getting "***ed" out, however you say that. You know, they're censored?

Sorry about the problems, but I just wanted to let you know...I'm just a wee bit annoyed.

Newspaz
Apr 15, 2001, 09:20 AM
I think those innocent words should be taken out. Ie: the word h-e-l-l can sound offensive to christians and some other people.

There are some other words like that...

Tanpopo Kiku
Apr 15, 2001, 04:46 PM
No, I mean words like "assist" and "assume," they're being censored. That's not as cool as I thought.

I don't mean words like what you said. I wouldn't use them myself, anyway.

Aiko
Apr 16, 2001, 01:44 AM
I still don't get whats wrong with h-e-l-l. There's a heaven and ****. So what? The bible itself uses the word. And we shouldn't overdo the christian fanatism on this board. There are already other places for that (JMMB was obviously one of them, as Mr. DethMan showed us clearly).

'kay, youre right: this won't lead to anything. Close topic or something :-)

Oh wait lemme try something: On the beach, i found a shell.

Fquist_old
Apr 16, 2001, 02:46 AM
The censor for this board is very buggy.. I'll try making it better

Fquist_old
Apr 16, 2001, 02:51 AM
Okay.. some words should be fixed now..

-Fquist

Proudly 1st to register

Newspaz
Apr 16, 2001, 03:21 AM
Let's put the word dethman on the filter http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Stijn
Apr 16, 2001, 05:03 AM
Kool idea http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Fquist_old
Apr 16, 2001, 05:16 AM
Let's not get into that. Dethman closed the old board because it was a mess. Stop attacking him..

Aiko
Apr 16, 2001, 08:19 AM
All forums i visited regularly (General J2 Talk, JCS, Technical questions and Jazz3) were not a mess at all, Fquist.

Tanpopo Kiku
Apr 16, 2001, 01:08 PM
Thanks, I feel much better now. At first I was, what you call, mystified. Like, "what happened here? I didn't use a bad word."

Electric Ir
Apr 18, 2001, 09:50 PM
But the Misc was, Aiko. Really.

Aiko
Apr 19, 2001, 07:27 AM
so what?

why didnt you clean it up? ban users?

delete the misc? wasnt the board about *jazz2*? five questions in-a-row? i still dont get it. since the board suddenly shut down i've heard not *a single* good reason why.

Aiko
Apr 25, 2001, 07:00 AM
sure it was his decison? so? im not allowed to complain about other peoples decisions anymore? well, i could cut my hands off and shut up forever. life without discussion is worthless, electropizza.

and im not complaining about the jmmb itself at all. i just wonder why this strange guy shut it down suddenly?

either there must have been very horrible things i and noone else should not know about for some reason (internal fights?), or it was just very stupid idea. i suppose the latter.

Fquist_old
Apr 25, 2001, 08:29 AM
My take is that you just haven't seen the 100-post threads where people were only fighting.

Aiko
Apr 25, 2001, 09:02 AM
close the largest meeting place of the jazz2 scene with about 1000 registered members because some stupid kids go insane. how appropiate...whatever. too late anyways.

Fquist_old
Apr 25, 2001, 10:32 AM
Yeah.. I made a small error. http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif

UrbanMenace
May 7, 2001, 07:34 AM
Well, I don't see how saying the word "Héll" can offend anyone if it's used as it is in the bible to describe the opposite of heaven. However, although it doesn't offend me, "What the he.." could offend others. Still...

Timothy Hyperion Purr
May 11, 2001, 08:58 AM
Right, ElectroPizza.

~SPLASH~
May 11, 2001, 09:04 AM
can the word c r a p stay in?

i dont seem why that is censored...

it just means poop..right?

Electric Ir
May 12, 2001, 11:38 PM
Which means the same as sh--- and you can cuss with that. And if you talk about "You are one piece of cr-a-p" it still sounds as an attack.

Wild Angel
May 16, 2001, 11:35 PM
I havn't had any trouble with the filter yet. http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Timothy Hyperion Purr
May 17, 2001, 08:49 AM
Apparently.

Wild Angel
May 17, 2001, 03:20 PM
I curse, but I keep my mouth clean on the JCF. http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Lamer
May 19, 2001, 02:06 AM
Let me test the filter with these 'legal' words:

Bullion

Scraper

Assume

Shell

Assexual

Wild Angel
May 20, 2001, 11:17 PM
It works.

Hellraiser
May 21, 2001, 11:09 AM
On , Newspaz wrote:

I think those innocent words should be taken out. Ie: the word h-e-l-l can sound offensive to christians and some other people.

There are some other words like that...

I'm a christian believe it or not, and I don't find h-e-l-l offensive at all! look at my name! (although I want to have it changed to "Raiser" because the odd person does find it offensive)

Tubz
May 21, 2001, 01:40 PM
Um, I have trouble. I put the cusses I wanted gone into the Filter and they wouldn't go away.

EvilMike
Jun 17, 2001, 11:26 PM
Nobody here knows me for this, but I happen to have a pretty bad habbit of swearing a lot. That censor thing prevents me from doing that, and thus offending some people here. In message boards without such rules, I say whatever I want.

And crap isn't a bad word. I say it in public all the time. Nobody cares. Grade 4 teachers use it in front of their classes. The parents don't mind. Maybie it's just the area I live in.