PDA

View Full Version : Through the Gate: Revamped, Rewritten and Renewed!

Ax Man
Feb 23, 2002, 06:55 PM
Yea, i decided to pick this up again, after learning alot more about the stargate universe. Anyway here is the first chapter:
--------------
[Location: SGC, USA]

The blue light from the stargate could be seen from behind the titanium – trillium iris. The base had been thrown into frenzy since the last transmissions from SG – 1, it seemed distressful and that had been over 14 hours ago. Speculation had begun of a Goa’uld attack.

General Hammond waited in anticipation in the dialing room, as he watched the chevrons lock on the computer screen “Incoming Traveler Sir!” “Who is it?” General Hammond snapped back “its SG – 1 Sir”
“Open the Iris!” General Hammond commanded.

The iris gradually opened to reveal the wormhole that was the stargate. General Hammond watched as
SG – 1 stepped through the stargate and as the wormhole disengaged. They seemed to be in no apparent danger, besides if anything had been following them the iris would have taken care of it.

As the general came down to welcome them, Daniel piped up as he always did “Sir, we found a cartouche, much like the one on Abydos except this one, instead of Horus and Sokar depictions, contained statues I’ve never seen before, they seemed to be rabbits and turtles, but upright, perhaps some kind of Aztec lore, there had to be at least 5000 other stargate addresses”

“Your telling me that you found another stargate database on P3X 563?” “Yes sir, that’s exactly what we are saying, we brought 2 addresses for study, and were wondering if you would consider sending a probe through?”

“Agreed, Debrief in 2 hours, dismissed” the general noted as he walked away “Man, Daniel has that look in his eyes, you know I don’t like that look Carter. It’s like that one on P3X 357 with the Asegard writings” Daniel just looked at them quietly “Maybe I’d like to further study, instead of just shooting up the Goa’uld Jack”

“O’Neill, I do not believe that this system has been liberated from the Goa’uld, I expect at least 3 system lords that we have yet to encounter” “That’s great Teal’c, another slug form another galaxy with a grudge, just perfect” O’Neill said sarcastically.

The team walked on to the debriefing room, each ready to get some rest, and perhaps a coffee.

[Location: Carrotus Desert, SGC Name: N5X 43A]

Ducky stumbled along as she circulated the dig; he glasses hanging low over her face. She had been brushing the sand of the broken pieces of cover stone for ages. Finally it was time to movie it, she knew it had no value, and it was destroyed enough, no good study could come from it.

She took her black blaster from her belt, aimed it to the center and fired. The blast of white light lasted only a second and the area was covered with sand and dust. Ducky coughed, knowing her allergies were just about to kick in.

“What in the great rabbit’s name is this?” Ducky circled around the dig sight to make sure she was taking it all in properly, and she did. What she saw was like nothing that existed on Carrotus, it was a ring with symbols, and something of a more square shape beside it. From a quick glance it contained the same symbols as the ring but had a giant red oval in the center.

“Someone? Anyone? Help me lift this thing out of here” 4 Rabbits came along with cranes, to lift the ring out. 10 minutes later the ring was out and standing magnificently in the hot Carrotus sun. Just as soon as the ring had been lifted out it began to rotate, and certain symbols were picked. After this had happened 7 times a blue light filled the ring and shot out about 6 feet.

Ducky covered her eyes so that her glasses wouldn’t fall off and drew her blaster. Whatever was coming through the ring may be harmful and she wanted to be prepared. As the gate turned off she noticed a mid size metallic object on wheels.

Deciding not to shoot it, she went over to examine it.
------------

Ducky
Feb 24, 2002, 10:31 AM
*bounces excitedly*

Lurvley! Continue!

`Ducka

defalcon
Feb 24, 2002, 11:43 PM
Kewlish! :D