PDA

View Full Version : IdleTool AKA Survivor 2

Txl Kill
Feb 26, 2002, 12:26 PM
I made a program called survivor 1.1 about a year ago. this was a idle server program that would stop a idle server from becoming hurt and some of you may have used it. I have created a second ver of this program called IdleTool and both these programs have a copyright on them for alomst a year now... That means that no more idle server programs can be made with out my permission or they can not do the same thing by making the server not be able to die... Roseta has made a program that is the excat same as this and refuses to not release it so i erge all of you not to download it or help this kind of behavior plus in doing this she is breaking the law.

Idletool will be realease in about a week or so...

Ginny
Feb 26, 2002, 12:37 PM
Your personal attaching!
How do you know its the exact same program if you have not seen it and she didnt tell you what it does?

||Slim
Feb 26, 2002, 12:39 PM
hes not personal attacking exactly..

and you need to see the program before you do plan to sue, kill. :D

ßúññ¥€lmérTbtCC
Feb 26, 2002, 12:46 PM
i agree with both of them

kill put your programm on j2o or something and Roseta/Ginny please dont be zo weak to clone other programms thats very bad:mad:

btw i think this wil get closed:p

...or we wil get some flamewars

Ginny
Feb 26, 2002, 12:48 PM
Exactly he is personal attaching!
You guys dont know what personal attaching means!
You dont own the Jazz2 addresses, and your saying only J2HG members can make idleserver programs:( :( :mad:

Ginny
Feb 26, 2002, 12:51 PM
I know exactly Roseta did not clone any programs!:mad:
If someone makes an idleserver program it doesnt mean it is a clone of another program, anyway she has never seen Surviver so how can it be a clone!?!?!?!?

||Slim
Feb 26, 2002, 12:56 PM
of course you know exactly roseta did not clone any programs, you are roseta. i think... but he isnt personal attacking..

"..Roseta has made a program that is the excat same as this and refuses to not release it so i erge all of you not to download it or help this kind of behavior plus in doing this she is breaking the law."

no personal attacking in there, just some 'informal' info i guess
:) plus no one said you cant make an idleserver program.. i guess you just cant copy the ideas EXACTLY without permission..

Txl Kill
Feb 26, 2002, 01:11 PM
yes slim!!!

Ginny
Feb 26, 2002, 01:22 PM
It is not the exact same program, I am pretty shure but how can it be breaking copyright if the maker of it never saw or heard of it?

This is not breaking the law!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Violet CLM
Feb 26, 2002, 01:26 PM
Let me put it this way...

Months ago, both Bean and URJazzCC released Idle Server programs, allowing you to go idle, not being able to be hurt. You could still talk. One (I'm not if both did) included automated (either usermade or included) messages for when you went idle, and for when you came back.
Now, you say you have made one of these. Because no one has ever heard of it, you think any other programs of the same type are illegal, and won't let someone who was presumably acting for the greater good release her creation, which she doubtlessly toiled on.
Your logic escapes me.

Ginny
Feb 26, 2002, 01:30 PM
I totally agree with you UnknownRabbit!

Link
Feb 26, 2002, 01:56 PM
Kill, just because you copyright a program doesn't mean that someone else can't make that program. It just means that they can't use code that you wrote without your permission, and they can't modify or steal your program and call it their own. If they just make a program, knowing or not knowing about your own version, it is fine. They cannot get in trouble with it and it is completely legal.

The "no making programs which are the same as programs made by someone else" rule in J2HG has nothing to do with copyright at all. It is just to prevent people from getting mad at each other about stealing ideas, and to prevent competition to make programs better.

Ginny
Feb 26, 2002, 02:11 PM
Whats wrong with making programs better?

KRSplat
Feb 26, 2002, 03:14 PM
If you patened it, its illegal. Copyrighting means noone else can sell it or pass it off as theirs.

Txl Kill
Feb 26, 2002, 03:23 PM
But copyrighting the IDEA means no one else can use that idea in a program with out thier permission... and roseta if you want to TRY not saying you cant but if you want to try to make my programs better without leanring a programming language be my guest!

KRSplat
Feb 26, 2002, 03:25 PM
Copyrighting the idea is patening.

Ginny
Feb 26, 2002, 03:26 PM
:P Did you go to a place to get your program copyrighted? If not then its not legally copyrighted!

And look epic just dumped Jazz2 so they wouldnt care

Link
Feb 26, 2002, 03:51 PM
You CANNOT copyright ideas!

A "copyright" of an idea is a patent, and you can't patent computer software because of the nature of it (and anyways it costs lots of money)

And Ginny, you don't have to go anywhere to get computer programs copyrighted. They have an implied copyright. All you have to do is "Copyright © year your_name" and it is copyrighted. However you can register your copyright, and that way the government or whatever can back you up if you want to sue someone.

The March Hare
Feb 26, 2002, 03:52 PM
Dumb question: Why all the big fuss, anyway? :p

-The March Hare

KRSplat
Feb 26, 2002, 03:53 PM
Ask Kill ;p

Ginny
Feb 26, 2002, 04:18 PM
Yeah ask Kill ;P

Newspaz
Feb 27, 2002, 01:27 AM
There are already a few of these programs. Come on, see it as concurention, XJJ2 had Jazz2Spy, Jazz2City had JazzCentral.

It's normal!

defalcon
Feb 27, 2002, 03:28 AM
Okay, these programs are not exactly genius ideas, people have wanted and demanded such programs for ages. If they want one, they probably didn't/don't have yours Kill, so the people provided.

This topic is gonna become a flame-war. Someone close it already.

Ginny
Feb 27, 2002, 06:28 AM
J2SHH is not like XJazz2 or Jazz2 Spy, it has a diffirent purpose and is not for connecting to servers or to start a server.

Roseta has wanted to make programs like J2SHH for a long time.:)

Newspaz
Feb 27, 2002, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Ginny
J2SHH is not like XJazz2 or Jazz2 Spy, it has a diffirent purpose and is not for connecting to servers or to start a server.

Roseta has wanted to make programs like J2SHH for a long time.:)

I know, I was just giving an example

Ginny
Feb 27, 2002, 08:28 AM
Ok NewSpaz.

Cpp
Feb 27, 2002, 08:50 AM
Geez! Nobody steal any of "Cataclysm/Cataclysm 2" ideas.

Link
Feb 27, 2002, 10:38 AM
By not stealing ideas, you are doing a favour to the original creator. It is a very nice thing to do - not to steal ideas, and just out of respect you shouldn't steal ideas.

But, there are no rules or laws about stealing other people's ideas (except in J2HG) so if you absolutely have to steal someones idea, then do it. There is nothing stopping you.

Ginny
Feb 27, 2002, 12:52 PM
she is not stealing anyone's idea! If you have an idea and someone elese has that idea too and they both make programs with that idea, its not stealing!

Txl Kill
Feb 27, 2002, 12:59 PM
OK ok i was wrong jees lol anyways ginny/roseta why do you pretend to be someone else we all know that ginny is roseta so stop pretending i have looked at your ip address on your server when your on and have comfirimed it plus you also use this on msn so why do you pretend.. i really dont care accually! so go ahead and use your trainer maker to make a program... yuck trainer makers!

FreeLancelott
Feb 27, 2002, 01:46 PM
first, a lot of people are right.

however, kill never personally attacked anyone or accused anyone of stealing. he only thought that his copyright covered the IDEA of the programme, and as such was warning people.

now chill out people.

FQuist
Mar 2, 2002, 05:42 AM
I just copyrighted the idea of books. From now on, nobody may make any things with a hard cover and paper inside it anymore.

Anyways, TxL kill, please take such matters outside the board. Complaining to someone at the board can also be done in private.