PDA

View Full Version : Jazz 2 Shareware

Jazzy
Apr 16, 2001, 10:06 AM
When people had the Jazz 2 Shareware, can they play online with it or need they the Fullversion??

Bobby aka Dizzy
Apr 16, 2001, 11:08 AM
When you have shareware, you can only play in other shareware servers. You can host either Diamondus Warzone or Chemical Warfare and anyone else can join. Be sure that you get the 1.23 patch or you won't get many other people coming to a shareware server though.

Aiko
Apr 16, 2001, 12:10 PM
Jazzy has the full version already :-)

Well, lemme add to Bobbys explanation that with TSF, its a tad different: owners of the "full" TSF (1.24) will be able to join your TSF Demo Server (Version 1.24s) but not the other way round (well, actually pretty much the same as when you have 1.21 and you can join a 1.21 SW server, but most people don't have 1.21 and most SW players don't have the patch for 1.23 :-). Quite interesting, isn't it?

"You learn something new everyday" was presented by Aiko.

SteelTalon
Apr 16, 2001, 08:22 PM
But in 1.21 you get the rux0r cool ability to kill your own teammates.

RockyR
Apr 17, 2001, 04:34 PM
C'_C'

I remember the shareware 1.20. So great.

-Not even a flag bug.

-People typing with CAPSLOCK noticing a surprising burst of speed, turning it off thinking they had gotten something special.

-The ehm, colored name being an astounding secret.

-Yes, no one really knew how to run properly, I guess. Everyone did the slow thing.

-Ohh! The killing-other-teammates. That was fun. ^-^

-The bodies didn't go away. Which didn't even look morbid, just interestin.

Oh hey...that's where I died. Whuops.

-The 'diamondus' warp was actually something relatively unknown. And hey, that thing in the wall? No one knew that was there.

-All those interestng players >_<

Like say 'SpruceMoose', and 'jessica'. Aww the humanity. Where have they gotten to?

-The Epic servers...were so steady. ^-^

-Remember good old 'Server', the lone player from Epic who stood there being 'Server'? And how frequently he was beaned in the head with shots. ^-^ Bam.

-Dah! >_< Remember ddp/007? I remember him. E was a classic fellow. ^-^ He should show up again to surprise us all.

Hey, anyone still know where to get 1.20?

^-^

-Rocky

Yeh, good times. Stuff is good.

Ax Man
Apr 17, 2001, 05:39 PM
So true Rocky...so True. But man i love pelting that Epic guy! And he would just stand there. Hehehe, ala All in the Family: Those were the days!

Black Ninja
Apr 17, 2001, 06:56 PM
LOL!

i remember the server. I was once toasting him mercilessly, when all of a sudden, BOOM! he starts playing and toasts me so badly I left the server =)

ahem.

and to think those were the good old days =)

now, the good old days are when you become a member on this board rather than a junior member. always hated that. I was not a MEMBER, but a JUNIOR MEMBER!!!!!!! AAUGH~!!!

I think that stinks!!!!!!!!!!!

and you know what else? I am not typing on topic.

Black Ninja, signing off.

Ducky
Apr 18, 2001, 06:13 AM
YaY http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

HEy come one, the junior member was the best status! It made you feel young again http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif(Lol.)

Sob. Evil[good] memories, I shower the forums wi' tears..

`Ducky

MattW
Apr 18, 2001, 06:44 AM
I tried to get the shareware before I bought JJ2, But it would never run/install. http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_mad.gif

FoD
Apr 19, 2001, 01:40 PM
I still have the shareware .exe install file stored on my computer at home. If anyone wants it again, I can send it to them.. provided they manage to catch me online at home. It's rare. I enjoy going online at school (as I am now) because I don't have ICQ to distract me. Plus, when I use the computer at home, I just play Age of Empires.

Admael
Apr 19, 2001, 02:23 PM
You know, I think you can go from 1.20 pretty easily... I'm almost positive there are folders somewhere on the computer with every patch you've ever had in the past. And it did rock... killing thy own teammates rocked regally. :-)

The only not-so-fond memory of the old days I recall was my l337 h4x0r sp33k days. I talked like a moron. I actually used the word "yo"! Eep.

You know, the shareware was really cool. Uncomplicated, new, and no bugs to my recollection. I need to get rid of full version. :-)

Where did DDP go?

-Ad

(Psst! Rocky! Where've you been?)

GuMmYBeAr!
Apr 19, 2001, 03:24 PM
I still got shareware 1.20.... when list.jazzjackrabbit.com went up again, i liked to play wit lil newbies ^-^ yah well... lotsa fun when you teach them how to run ^-~ i gave em sum lil tricks and told em to get the 1.23 patch. But actually theres only one player (levent) that plans to get full jj2. hes a pretty good player. i chat wit him sumtimes on icq ^-^...... i wonder... when the list went back up, there was soooo many players... are they trying everyday to play online? Or theres like .... another dimension on jj2.. hehe jp

UrbanMenace
Apr 20, 2001, 08:17 AM
I was thinking that... are there people that host servers every day with no people in except monlolith...? j/k http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Xtreem
Apr 23, 2001, 09:46 PM
I remember when i got the shareware game of JJ2 on a demo cd, i thaught it was ace but i could never find the full game.

1 year later i saw JJ2 & TSF in Pc world for £15 so i baught it http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Jazzy
Apr 24, 2001, 12:23 AM
As I bought TSF for 30DMhttp://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif I don't know that the full version of JJ2 is in the box. I was very surprised! ^_-

Sonic_24
Oct 16, 2004, 12:41 AM
Please, people, help!!
I need 1.24 (TSF) Patch for Jazz2 (or its full version), but I can't find it anywhere!! Could you send me the link to it or at least say where can I get this (TSF) Game?? I hope you won't leave me alone with my problem...
Thanks. :lori:

cooba
Oct 16, 2004, 12:44 AM
TSF is not a patch. You must buy it, anyway.

If you revive three-year old thread again. you're automatically eaten.

Sonic_24
Oct 16, 2004, 01:09 AM
But where can I get it?

Enigma
Oct 16, 2004, 01:10 AM
TSF is a new addition to the game. Like Broodwar to Starcraft, or Frozen Throne to Warcraft 3. So you'll have to hunt down a game store that sells really old games, or perhaps check ebay. If you live in Europe, you can try contacting Aiko, he used to have a lot of TSF copies (not sure if he still does). He hasn't been very active here lately though.

Sonic_24
Oct 16, 2004, 01:14 AM
Hey guys! I've surfed ALL search machines like Google , MSN or AltaVista, but there are NO matches!

Violet CLM
Oct 16, 2004, 01:41 AM
Last I checked, neither Aiko nor Haze had any copies left. Epic Classics doesn't carry it, Ebay is out, Amazon doesn't list it, and I see no results on Froogle (just JJ1, JJ2, HH98 and JJA). Your chances of getting TSF are very low unless someone happens to put it up on Ebay.

LittleFreak
Oct 16, 2004, 11:46 AM
...Plus, when I use the computer at home, I just play Age of Empires.

ME TOO! :)

Lark
Oct 16, 2004, 07:13 PM
For a moment there, I thought BN stopped using ;p. Then I looked at the date.

Sonic_24
Oct 21, 2004, 01:28 AM
Yo gyus! I've got it somewhere! :god:

cooba
Oct 21, 2004, 01:29 AM
W00T HF

Sonic_24
Oct 25, 2004, 05:38 AM
Sorry, what does IT 'W00T HF' mean?