PDA

View Full Version : Enyxavian: Preview Cover

Kaven
Mar 6, 2002, 08:03 PM
Okay. This is aparently going to take me a while, but I'm really working on the comic this time. Luckily, It shouldn't take me TOO long as someone is going to be helping me color (yay).

Since I haven't posted any art for a long time, and I want to show I've got this started, here's a little preview of the first cover. I hope you all like it.

I might post a bit about the story later if enough people are interested, but if you want to know now, you can bug me on AIM: Kaven84, or e-mail Kaven@chiron.dhs.org

http://www.exclaimindustries.net/~kaven/cover01.jpg

Also, MANY thanks to Captain Spam for lending me webspace so that I can upload this imageImage Link (http://www.exclaimindustries.net/~kaven/cover01.jpg)

Captain Spam
Mar 6, 2002, 08:21 PM
Aye, not a problem, Kaven. :-)

Good luck with making the comics, there, mate... I've got a few of my own I want to create...

VelKa
Mar 6, 2002, 08:40 PM
CoolneSs. =P

Looks nice. I liek it.

Ducky
Mar 7, 2002, 06:02 AM
A Kaven post.
*click*

Groovy, Kave. I like the wolf-dude, he looks sinister. And good luck!

FreeLance
Mar 7, 2002, 07:11 AM
now quackie, who said it's a wolf? it could be a catlike creature. you stereotypers. 'if it's big and hairy and mean, it's a wolf.'

heh im playin

GuMmYBeAr!
Mar 7, 2002, 07:51 AM
oohhhH

tis great! n.n

Kaven
Mar 7, 2002, 09:10 AM
Actually, (not saying there's anything wrong with catlike creatures), that face in the back is a wolf. The Wolf is Xanahven, and that dude standing in front of the face you can probably guess on. Xanahven is the main villian of the storyline. This comic will only present six characters (three villians, three good guys), but there will be 10 characters later on.

I wanted this comic to also be sortof an experiment. I want to tie together a bunch of characters and make them exist in the same world (In other words, creating one world ridding the point of creating cross-world stories). The five good guys are each designed by a different artist. Cobra, Bluez, Haze, Kaven, and Foxi (I replaced Spring because I predicted that due to the current arguments, she might change her mind which would affect the comic a great deal as her character played a critical part in the storyline).

However, the villians were created by me entirely. It would become too difficult to include the rivals/enemies of other's characters since it would draw the storyline in different directions, twisting this world to the point where it's just too difficult to understand anymore.

Thanks for the comments. :D

FreeLance
Mar 7, 2002, 09:54 AM
i was more joking bout the cat thing.

very cool picture tho. will you be posting the comic here as it comes about?

Ice M A N
Mar 7, 2002, 09:59 AM
Awesome. I've always loved your art. :)

Pîççølø aka $øùlFírÈ
Mar 7, 2002, 10:12 AM
Wow, looks really great man!

Xeno_old
Mar 7, 2002, 12:08 PM
No words describe how awesome that is.....but here I go:

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Awesome piccy Kaven.

JJ BBoy KS
Mar 7, 2002, 02:03 PM
Nice :cool:

Gee, I wish I could draw as good as you. You're my heerroooo! :lol: :rolleyes:

No seriously though, that's cool.

Fôx
Mar 8, 2002, 06:04 PM
Wow, that's so neat. :) I like the preview pic, and I'm excited to see how it'll turn out. :)

defalcon
Mar 8, 2002, 06:16 PM
That looks so cool, I can't wait to see more Kaven. Your art rules. :)

Cobra
Mar 9, 2002, 06:45 PM
ALL HAIL KAVEN, master artist.
*tackles*

Kaz
Mar 9, 2002, 11:48 PM
BLASTED INTERNET!

(pulls out a gun)

It won't let me see it...

Kaven
Mar 10, 2002, 08:47 PM
Nah, that's just Spam's server down right now. He said he'll have it back up soon, so you should be able to see it again when he does.

Thank you, everyone. :D

DrJones
Mar 13, 2002, 01:46 AM
Whee! Wish I could see it now, but with so little free time. Ugh >.<

(note to self, check back this forum in a few days)

Kaz
Mar 13, 2002, 04:54 PM
Why are teh wolves always the bad character?

Cobra
Mar 13, 2002, 06:35 PM
Because we are politically incorrect :D

SteelTalon
Mar 13, 2002, 08:20 PM
taht si vrey l33t1111

Wild Angel
Mar 13, 2002, 09:13 PM
Cool. ^-^

Captain Spam
Mar 14, 2002, 04:53 AM
There. Exclaim Industries lives once again. :-)

Kaven
Mar 14, 2002, 08:41 AM
I didn't mean to be stereotypical, but this specific wolf, Xanahven, is suppose to be a villian. Originally, Xanahven was just a new name I used since some games (specificly Dark Age of Camelot) that were played online had the name 'Kaven' already taken. So I started using the name Xanahven. From that point, I developed the character Xanahven and made him a furry character.

It seemed stupid to make him a human, because I already had a human villian: Arcurus. Making him a Rabbit seemed to common, so I wanted to be creative.

There was one flaw that didn't fit with the wolf design, "Telepathy". Wolves are generally strong and deadly animals, and normally suit a strong fighter type of character. Since Xanahven's talent was telepathy, it didn't seem right that he would be a wolf. At this point, I thought of an excellent idea, that would also explain the source of his telepathy. Unfortunately, I can't tell you this until I get to that detail in the comic. ;p

JJ BBoy KS
Mar 14, 2002, 10:23 AM
How is that prenounced? Zonn-uh-vinn?

Kaz
Mar 14, 2002, 01:52 PM
Very nice drawing, although owls would be better for telepathy =P, but evil owls wouldn't fit well either lol.