PDA

View Full Version : artists...please vote everyone...

FreeLance
Mar 7, 2002, 07:34 PM
choose one :)

~SPLASH~
Mar 8, 2002, 03:06 AM
NONE OF THEM! *dies*

TBM_old
Mar 8, 2002, 03:35 AM
Evryone read must DIED

GuMmYBeAr!
Mar 8, 2002, 06:46 AM
o.0

I VOTED FER COBBBIINIIIEEE

FireSworD
Mar 8, 2002, 07:13 AM
Nick was my choice.

Ducky
Mar 8, 2002, 10:14 AM
I can't choose between Cob and Nick! are you mental?

FreeLance
Mar 8, 2002, 10:39 AM
choose niether, then, ducky! just DO NOT PICK DEAN!
why are so many people choosing dean dodrill? (bah)

for those of you who are wondering: this thread was originally gonna be dean vs. nick, but i added cobbie cos i knew everyone would want to vote for her before dean so at least if people didn't like nick stadler they could choose cobbie.

for those of you who are artists here (kaven, tyff, etc.), sorry you're not on the list, but if i put one of you i'd have to put all of you.

ElectroPiZZa
Mar 8, 2002, 11:06 AM
Nick, of course.

||Slim
Mar 8, 2002, 11:50 AM
Cob
Cob Cob Cob
Cob
CobCob CobCobCobCobCobCobCobCobCobCobCobCobCobCobCobCobCo bCobCobCobCobCobCobCobCobCobCobCobCobCobCob RULES YOU ALL AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA vote for Cob. plz. Cob Cob Cob Cob Cob CobCob

FreeLance
Mar 8, 2002, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by ||Slim
Cob
Cob Cob Cob
Cob
CobCob CobCobCobCobCobCobCobCobCobCobCobCobCobCobCobCobCo bCobCobCobCobCobCobCobCobCobCobCobCobCobCob RULES YOU ALL AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA vote for Cob. plz. Cob Cob Cob Cob Cob CobCob

what he said :)

Newspaz
Mar 8, 2002, 02:33 PM
Nick, since I'm kinda disapointed in Noogy..

FreeLance
Mar 8, 2002, 03:01 PM
you're not the only one, newspaz. i think he really let everyone down.:mad:

Violet CLM
Mar 8, 2002, 04:58 PM
Dean, of course. His drawing is better then the other two.

Fôx
Mar 8, 2002, 05:57 PM
Ahh... now I see why Unknown didn't like my bonnie pic. He actually likes Dean's sickening art

defalcon
Mar 8, 2002, 06:19 PM
Okay I'm not even going to vote cause it seems a bit like a Noogy bashing thread.

FreeLance
Mar 8, 2002, 06:45 PM
no it isn't defalcon. dean has just as many votes. just some people have felt like expressing distaste for noogy's art.

GuMmYBeAr!
Mar 8, 2002, 06:58 PM
Mmh... actually... I might get hit by all of you, but Dean draws very well. His subjects are just... not the right ones. I believe it took him long enough to reach such drawing skill... and he draws better than I do, that's true. He draws better than a lot of people I know out there. Maybe he doesn't draw about the right subjects, or he exagerates his characters' anatomy, but it takes skill to draw like he does.

GuMmYBeAr!
Mar 8, 2002, 07:04 PM
Mmrf. I was just saying he had skills. ::shrugs::

FreeLance
Mar 8, 2002, 07:19 PM
this isn't about best artist, it's about who you like more.
example: dean draws good, but i dislike his ART.

Shorty
Mar 8, 2002, 07:38 PM
I agree with Tyf. I love ya Tyf!!!

Newspaz
Mar 9, 2002, 02:45 AM
I also think the "Leave me alone" and the "I don't want to have anything to do with Jazz anymore" thing was quite unfriendly. He could have just told us nicely.. Or just fade away like some others....

Wild Angel
Mar 9, 2002, 02:56 AM
True. o.o

JJ BBoy KS
Mar 9, 2002, 11:18 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates to see a great artist like Noogy go downhill. They say they're just, "expressing the beauty of God's creation" or something like that. Give me a brake. :r

I would've voted for Nick, but then I saw the Cobra option. Oh well. Maybe next time.

FreeLance
Mar 9, 2002, 11:23 AM
w00t

i hear yah. i used to like noogy's art.

Skulg
Mar 9, 2002, 11:29 AM
I like Nick's art :D

Monolith
Mar 9, 2002, 07:08 PM
I like Noogy's art. Very well done. His style is still slowly changing from what I've been able to tell. And taking on a full length movie is mindbogglingly amazing.
I haven't seen much of Nick's work other than the little bit of Jazz art.

Captain Spam
Mar 16, 2002, 04:45 AM
Ye forgot me, everyone's favorite pseudo-superhero who can't draw but does so anyhoo just to make plots magically appear on paper. :-)

I kinda like Nick's haywire style of drawing Jazz, meself. Has the whole insane and loony feel that Jazz was meant to have.

FreeLance
Mar 16, 2002, 07:35 AM
like i said before cap'n, if this was a fair poll you'd be on there ;)

but it isn't. it's between dean and nick. i just stuck cobbie in there cos she rocks >D

(and to take more votes away from dean, cos likethat one ralph nader or whatever his name was)

Violet CLM
Mar 16, 2002, 12:14 PM
This poll is about the best Artist. That means how well they draw. Not What they draw. There's a difference.

FreeLance
Mar 16, 2002, 01:19 PM
umm...(looks at thread starter's name. sees it says 'FreeLance', which is him. sees that the poll says 'which do you prefer?')

Shorty
Mar 17, 2002, 03:30 PM
I guess what they draw would have something to do with you prefer, but Noogy IS a good artist and he does have talent. Even if he does draw some sexual stuff, he draws it well.

Besides, that poll is against Noogy already, so it can't even be considered fair.

FreeLance
Mar 17, 2002, 03:34 PM
how so? he had more votes to begin with. it is very fair, he is listed as are the other two artists.

yes, he's a good artist, but i don't care for him my self.

Shorty
Mar 17, 2002, 03:37 PM
I'm just saying that you said positive things about everyone else there; however for Noogy you stated an opinion about him, the only negative opinion on the poll.

But I ain't gonna argue because it's suppose to be all good fun. Whoohoo, go fun.

FreeLance
Mar 17, 2002, 03:42 PM
lol of course i did, that was meant for joke. i mean, if people are going to vote for him they're going to anyway :)

FQuist
Mar 18, 2002, 04:15 AM
I am close to considering this personal attacks. Don't bash him *too* much.

FreeLance
Mar 18, 2002, 06:25 AM
im not bashing him, honestly. it's not him that i dislike, it's his work. :)

Kaven
Mar 18, 2002, 09:56 AM
Noogy is a fantastic artist. I can't say I agree with the whole issue on sexually appealing images, but to a degree, Noogy's intention for art has changed.

Drawing nude or sexually appealing pictures could be just imagination extending to those areas. It is a fact that the female figure is beautiful, and he imagines beautiful things. At least, that's how it began. Before, Bonnie was more of a basic build, and a typical female mouse with feminin feats. But the new design involved wider hips, and *ahem*... you can go from there.

This reason I can only assume is for publicity. It is what makes his site more popular and gives him more hits. It also catches the attention of employers and publishers.

Also, Lori has no more flaws than Eva. If you've played Jazz1, you'll notice this.

I have more to say later. I'll post it some other time from now.

FreeLance
Mar 18, 2002, 10:02 AM
i agree, kaven. i used to love noogy's art...then it started changing tho.

this page=mine

Kaven
Mar 18, 2002, 02:34 PM
Well, the sudden change in Bonnie I believe was the change in his art to attract more people to visit his website. I 'could' be wrong.

Anyway, as those of you might know, I... well... posted what some would say 'an attack' towards Noogy. In a sense, that was an attack, promoted by an anger fueled by several factors, one being how he changed from a friendly guy to something completely different. I admired Noogy and thought he was the greatest artist/animator I've ever seen. He's gotten that comment from others, I'm sure, which was what boosted confidence in himself.

In the end, he started his Elysium Tail video, which I've waited ever so eagerly for him to start. You should see my messages on ICQ, I'd bug him about it and ask what it was about. I am completely certain that he's told others about it, but not me.

It was at that point, I came to realize from a reply he made on a previous topic that I was just 'an individual fan'. I don't want to get into much detail, but I'm sure all of you expect nothing more than being a fan, and probably think I'm stupid for expecting more than that.... But to me, it hurt.

I was even feeling uneasy about 'Star Student', but even worse, I'm just a 'fan'. A bunch of stuff gathered together in my mind, creating arguments about the difference of events.

It was the beginning of Elysium Tail that Noogy had changed completely. It must be ironic that the one thing I waited for would be the turning of events that I had feared.

I snapped as soon as I felt like I was in a dead-end one night after a conversation with Cobra. I guess it was a combination of beserk and hopelessness mixed together. The outcome was that 'attack' post on Noogy's forum and his response just answered everything for me.

Even further, I argued with Spring and e-mailed Noogy. Spring agrees with Noogy that I should F off, and Noogy thinks I'm telling him he's not a Christian.

I can come up with a bunch of things from these arguments, but the clear point is that Noogy doesn't have much care for friends anymore, because Elysium Tail will earn him a million fans. All he cares about now is publicity.

But you gotta look at it two ways. 8/9 people will say I deserved to be told to F off. The other way to look at it is, if I was such a 'friend', why couldn't Noogy have just deleted the topic and send me an e-mail? All he did was proove my point thru his reply.

The answer is likely that the 8/9 people and what he said relates. Since 8/9 people agree, he's confident that what he says will be respected by all his 'fans', if not supported. I bet that if it was the same Noogy I knew several years ago, he wouldn't have responded that way.

Anyway, in conclusion, the whole topic isn't about art talent. You decide who you prefer.

*arms his BFG* Of course, you all know that the only option is Cobra, right?

FreeLance
Mar 18, 2002, 03:47 PM
wow...well said, kaven.

i noticed the change in Spring more than in dean at first. i was going through his forum, and i saw the mature board. im thinking 'mature' artists being older people who are serious about drawing, not just a bunch of scribble kiddies. so i go there and the first thing i see is a picture of lori topless. it left a bad taste in my mouth.

then i heard about certain events from someone, which really just made me dislike him.

the way he dropped jj2/3 like he did wasn't right at all. he started treating people that looked up to him as less-than-equals, like you said, as 'fans'.

Fôx
Mar 18, 2002, 04:10 PM
I really don't like Bonnie, because she hurt me more than anything.

And I think it's very sad that people are attracted to the new Bonnie. Or Bonnie at all for that matter. Looking at pictures of Bonnie now is no different from looking at pictures of bikini models, just to 'see' them... it's not the right reason...

Kaven
Mar 18, 2002, 05:57 PM
Well, As I had said. Dean's view of things have changed. To him, (and ESPECIALLY Spring), they can throw away friends as lots of people will come visit his website because of his new form of art. He doesn't care if people look at his art the wrong way. In fact, he promotes that idea greatly as it keeps the user's attention there.

It's sad, but it's his life and choice. You can't tell someone how to live their life.

But hey, don't let this event make you think that those images are evil. As I said, the female form is beautiful, and people like to draw that stuff. I was in the Mature forum, and it IS meant for mature artists with a serious mind. If you take it the wrong way at the first sight of nudity, you only proove to yourself that you haven't a serious mind.

Um... Well, I shouldn't talk... But it 'is' true. But in my case, I just feel uncomfortable around that kinda art with nudity and stuff... which is why I kinda didn't really sorta somewhat slightly partly post there...

But I was gonna draw something and post it, I swear. I just... Didn't have the courage I guess you can say.

(As for Lori 'topless', I don't know where that came from. That's just disturbing)

Fôx
Mar 18, 2002, 06:10 PM
(very disurbing imo :()

FreeLance
Mar 18, 2002, 06:40 PM
i think it was something he drew for doctor jones' birthday or something.

so it's known, i wasn't talking about form art or the likes, im talking about sexually oriented nudity.

FQuist
Mar 19, 2002, 09:10 AM
I know you have these feelings, Kaven, and the others. I've seen your posts. I do not judge you. I merely want to cite the rules which says that personal attacks are not allowed. I can't make an exception for this case.

The March Hare
Mar 19, 2002, 09:24 AM
Noogy could clean up his art some... but if you're going to pick on him for drawing a nude human, have you ever looked at ancient art? They drew everybody naked back then. BUT, the big difference is wether or not the picture has sexual tones to it. That is what bugs me about some of Noogy's work. (And that whole Lori pic for Dr. Jones? I was thinking those two had more morals than that...)

I voted Nick (sorry Noogy).

-The March Hare

Okay, let's talk about something happy now, shall we?