PDA

View Full Version : Akeldama

Cobra
Mar 12, 2002, 04:25 PM
BEWARE, contains blood, violence, and despair. Read at own risk.

Pain.
Consciousness came with a knife of pain through her skull. Breathing was getting hard for her, and the blood was spurting out of her in slower pulses. A cry of pain died in her throat as her neck suddenly burnt with the pain of shattered bone.
She gasped as bloody foam rose in her throat, and tried to cough. Her bloodshot eyes flew open, and even though it was dark she could see the ever-growing pool of blood she lay in. She felt a trickle; it was also flowing out of her ear.
Her left arm was crushed and lifeless next to her, a mere mass of bone shards and stagnate blood streaked with fur. She averted her eyes, only to find something more gruesome.
Rabbit bodies lay in heaps, and the flood was dark from their dry and lifeless blood. Their dead faces were frozen into eternal masks of pain, their bodies as shattered as hers. One was close to her, his chest torn open and ribs shattered revealing a motionless heart, something once alive now dead.
The foam rose again, but this time it flowed over her lips and into the pool of dead life around her. Death was near.
“Akeldama” she said, barely a whisper through the foam. “Akeldama” she said, and was gone.

JJ BBoy KS
Mar 12, 2002, 09:15 PM
:r :r :r

Oh bleck, that's gross. WHY ARE YOU WRITING STUFF LIKE THIS!!!

Nicely written though. :)

Excuse me while I go throw up.

Cobra
Mar 12, 2002, 09:21 PM
Soon you shall see.
Some of the people who used to be around here 2-3 years ago will remember this.
It all does have a purpose, really.

JJ BBoy KS
Mar 12, 2002, 10:26 PM
Just so long as you don't post pictures. ;)

defalcon
Mar 13, 2002, 12:11 AM
Seems cool, excuse me it I look a little off-colour, that's a very good description. Once I'm done marveling I'm gonna have to lie down.

Well written though.

Ducky
Mar 13, 2002, 07:52 AM
Ohh!

Cobra!

*speechless*

Cobra
Mar 13, 2002, 09:42 AM
Err, maybe I should have put in a better warning. My apologies.
THE HISTORY OF AKELDAMA
It all started around April of 1999. Just another JJ2 writer posted a rather bloody prelude to a tragic story.
After almost two years of hibernation, this story is being written for a new era of JJ2ers.
The list of people included are:
Ducky
Aceldama
Boggy B
Beauman
Mink
Now, many wonder the purpose of this story, and why it is the way it is. Let me clarify.
There is a people suffering (the T'zori), being hunted down and killed like animals. My inspiration? The Holocaust.
I'm not trying to make it a light matter at all -- in fact I'm trying to tell those who wish to learn about it.

Let it never happen again.

~*~
On a remote planet, in a remote tavern, a rather different girl was sitting at the bar.
She looked down at her drink in disgust. Once again she had bought something that she did not care for.
Trina closed her eyes and forced it down, feeling the alcohol leave a burning trail down her throat. She placed a few coins down on the bar and left as quickly as she could.
It was dusk again, in the rainy season. Mists were rising with their eerie aura, and if she could write poetry, she would. Perhaps it could even inspire her enough to write someday. She had her whole life in front of her.
However, the natural wafting of the mist was disrupted when a lone figure walked out. Trina felt an uneasy burn in her stomach.
Her face was emotionless, and her eyes were set upon Trina. She was tempted to run, but the stranger spoke first.
“Are you a native of this planet?”
“I was born here.” Trina said, her voice strong but her heart pounding.
“Perhaps you could lead me to the nearest temple?” Trina could feel the blood draining from her face. She turned her head down.
“I do not know what you speak of.”
The gray rabbit did not change her expression at all, but raised her arm. For a second, Trina saw some scars on the girl’s upraised arm, but they were hidden again.
Five red rabbits came out of the mists, also with scars upon their arms.
“Perhaps you could lead us to the town of Svenio. We would pay you well.”
Trina knew of the town well; there was even a T’zori museum there. “It is a full day’s walk.”
“Tomorrow then. We shall meet you here tomorrow morning.”
The gray rabbit whispered something in the ear of the one closest to her, and they disappeared into the mists as quickly as they had come.

JJ BBoy KS
Mar 13, 2002, 10:41 AM
Ahhh... That was a lot nicer than the first chapter.

*Sits back relieved*

:H

Cobra
Mar 13, 2002, 10:49 AM
NO SLEEPING! :(

JJ BBoy KS
Mar 13, 2002, 12:12 PM
AHHHH!!!http://www.pokemasters.net/ubb/NonCGI/smilies/scared.gif

Oh, ya scared me! I'm awake! http://www.pokemasters.net/ubb/NonCGI/smilies/looney.gif

Kaz
Mar 13, 2002, 12:15 PM
I remember this story! Go Cobra for having the guts to continue with it (unlike some people here, excluding Kovu for writing another chapter to the Sureal Series). Your stories have a very realistic touch to them, continue!

defalcon
Mar 13, 2002, 11:29 PM
I remember seeing this and reading some too. GO Cobbie, Boggy B is in it? Cool. :)

Ducky
Mar 14, 2002, 05:45 AM
(cries in memory of the end-thing)

Ooooh Cobbbie.

THank yoou.

defalcon
Mar 15, 2002, 01:44 AM
Cobra, I assume you're still in contact with Boggy B?

Cobra
Mar 15, 2002, 05:34 AM
No, I'm not.

defalcon
Mar 15, 2002, 06:08 AM
Oh. Well, he has ICQ.

Cobra
Apr 6, 2002, 12:14 AM
Before dawn sent her radiance across the mountains, Trina was there.
She did not have to wait long, for quickly the gray rabbit and her companions approached her from within a tall building.
“Beautiful isn’t it. The sunrise, I mean.” The gray rabbit said, casting an eye at the glowing horizon.
“Yes, it is.” Trina said softly.
“It is a tradition of many races to define the start of the day before sunrise.”
“Yes, of many it is. Why do you bring up this?” Trina forced a small smile “I am sure that all present here know that.”
“Indeed.” The gray rabbit had an odd sheen in her eyes and sharpness to her face. “But it is most common to the T’zori.”
The words sank in for a moment in the silence.
“You are a T’zori, are you not?”
“And what if I am?” The animal instinct to flee was rising in Trina. In the pit of her stomach she felt a growing dread.
The dread in her stomach worsened. She wanted to flee. She wanted to hide. She wished she had seen it before it was too late.
One of the red rabbits stepped forward. “You will be coming with us now.”
“I don’t think so.” Her voice cracked slightly as she turned to flee.
Instantly the gray rabbit lashed out her arm and grabbed Trina’s arm in a vise-like grip. She jerked Trina towards her, and grabbed her neck in the same harsh grip.
As she gasped and tried to pull at her fingers, the gray rabbit jerked her forward and into her face. “I am in charge. I call the shots.”
She forced herself to look away, to try to free herself, to put out the fire burning in her lungs. Her eyes darted to the arm of her captor, but what she saw made her gasp.
“The markings…”
They were a word.
“Protect me.” she mouthed as a silent, airless prayer to her deity.
The word was AKELDAMA.

The gray rabbit released her grip once the T’zori became unconscious. She turned away as the girl slumped to the ground. Immediately two of her companions ran to pick up the girl.
Another one captured.
Another one to die.
Lifting her eyes upward, she blinked away the burn of tears from her eyes and forced herself to feel no pity. She let out a soft sigh as she watched them drag the seemingly lifeless body towards the nearby city, and she followed them noiselessly.

defalcon
Apr 6, 2002, 06:49 AM
Brilliant! Sheer brilliance! More! :D

Ducky
Apr 6, 2002, 06:57 AM
Amazing, Cobbie.

:)

`Ducky

Kaz
Jun 27, 2003, 10:05 PM
PinG!

Ducky
Jun 29, 2003, 05:51 PM
If I had the power I would so suspend you, Kaz.

*quakes*

Coppertop
Jul 1, 2003, 12:19 PM
How did I miss this brilliant piece of work before ... ?

Kaz
Jul 1, 2003, 09:27 PM
You haven't been around as long as I have.

Coppertop
Jul 2, 2003, 08:19 AM
You haven't been around as long as I have.

I was also gone all summer, Kaz. Remember?
Should I bother waiting for more, or is this thread supposed to be dead?

Cobra
Jul 2, 2003, 10:21 AM
Kaz is mocking me ;p

And this story started years ago. years and years. Like, 3. Or 4. I forget.

Kaz
Jul 2, 2003, 12:29 PM
Well I'm sort of writing so I'm just bouncing this topic up so it doesn't sink down and I can't find it again.

Still been here longer CT ^^.

Bluez
Jul 2, 2003, 04:43 PM
Three or four years? That would make it as old as some of my oldest stories... Back on the JMMb, though *Checks archives*.

-Bluezy Bunny

Kaz
Jul 8, 2003, 04:00 PM
Well of course on the JMMB... need archive of Jmmb... anybody here frequently use bit torrent?

BlackSheep
Jul 16, 2003, 06:08 PM
*high fives Cobbie*

I've heard of this.

w00t!

Black

Kaz
Jul 16, 2003, 06:15 PM
*poke* ;7

Cobra
Jul 16, 2003, 09:05 PM
You don't relent, do you ;p

defalcon
Jul 16, 2003, 09:27 PM
*poke* ;)

Strato
Sep 23, 2003, 07:31 PM
When was this revived? oh well, I remember this peice. Sheer brilliance.

4I Falcon
Sep 24, 2003, 12:07 PM
When was this revived?

Yesterday, you face.

While this is a bit depressing, it's still a literary work of art. If I haven't said that yet, I'm saying it now; if I have, well then, pants brick apple taxi sponge face to you, too.