PDA

View Full Version : Where on earth :o(

sourcerer
Mar 21, 2002, 11:56 PM
Where on earth can I still find the full version???
All I want to do is play around with the level editor, and see if I can conjure some funny stuff up, but it seems I've set the hardest goal in actually finding the software.

ANY hints?

:o\

Newspaz
Mar 22, 2002, 05:27 AM
Aiko still sells TSF copies which should include the normal version. Contact him by <a href="mailto:360@41k0.org">emailing</a> him. They shouldn't be to expensive, only like 15$.

Violet CLM
Mar 22, 2002, 06:29 PM
TSF is only TSF.

defalcon
Mar 22, 2002, 07:35 PM
Actualy, I think Iko sells the TSF re-release, which has both on the same CD or something like that.

Slix
Mar 22, 2002, 08:42 PM
Having ordered from Aiko, I can tell you right now that, though he ships very efficiently, he sells the Hemming distribution of TSF--that ONLY includes TSF, not the original verson of JJ2. :(

If you want to find the ORIGINAL version of JJ2, you are unfortunately out of luck in terms of ordering online--unless you have a Mac (if so, go to this website (http://store.ifd.com/WS4D_Cookie=3.22.02_22,43,06_48397/*ws4d-db-query-QuickShow?LW_JJ2002) to order it online). Otherwise, I cannot suggest anything other than going to eBay (I found some good deals that nobody wanted there ;) ).

I really hope this helps.

~Slix

Aiko
Mar 26, 2002, 05:27 AM
Okay, i have to add some things here.

First of all, i'm not Iko but *Aiko*, defalcon. And greetings to all the kangaroos.

Unknown Rabbit: The original european distribution of TSF from Project 2 *does* include a seperate CD with the full version of Jazz Jackrabbit 2 on it. (It does not include my awesome *TSF mousepad*, though)

Secondly, yes, i do "sell" (i lost a lot of money on it) TSF, as Newspaz keeps telling you guys. It is the polish TSF re-release distribution from LK Avalon and german re-seller Hemming and it includes all episodes from TSF *and* the full version, but on one CD. Apart from that, you can still buy this distribution in some (online) stores here in Germany. Price is 7,90 EUR at Pearl (http://www.pearl.de/) and 6,80 EUR at SMM (http://www.smm.de/) for example. I don't know if and at which price they ship to weird continents and places like...overseas. Stupid as i am, *i do*. My price is 15 EUR (=about 15 USD i think, depends on the daily exchange rate) with shipping and an autograph by me. Believe me, i don't make money on that. You have to pay cash and in US Dollars, if you really aren't able to go to your bank and exchange it to EUROs.

Apart from that, original european Project 2 releases (be it JJ2, TSF or CC99) are hard to get anywhere, as the company went bankrupt about two years ago.

Michael
Mar 26, 2002, 05:30 AM
I heard *someone* got it from KaZaA, but that's illigal.. :/

JZBlue
Mar 26, 2002, 06:13 AM
Yes, epic is going to sue you for $15 dollars if you download JJ2 off a file sharing network.

I think it's a lot easier to download the program, and end up paying for it by getting sued by Epic then going through the hastle of buying it on some classic games vendor web-site.

FQuist
Mar 26, 2002, 07:49 AM
Nitro, JZBlue.. be quiet. :P

WMCoolmon
Mar 26, 2002, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by JZBlue
Yes, epic is going to sue you for $15 dollars if you download JJ2 off a file sharing network.

I think it's a lot easier to download the program, and end up paying for it by getting sued by Epic then going through the hastle of buying it on some classic games vendor web-site.
It's not getting sued...it's the lawyer fees :O

Chiyu
Mar 26, 2002, 02:29 PM
Aiko are you sure that selling TSF like that is legal?

JZBlue
Mar 26, 2002, 04:32 PM
Represent yourself, and plead guilty

:p

defalcon
Mar 26, 2002, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by CraccoBoyCC
Aiko are you sure that selling TSF like that is legal?

Aiko isn't really selling it. He has multiple copies, which he doesn't need. If people want they can contact him and he'll send it to them. They give him enough money so that he isn't just giving it away, in fact he still loses some money. I think he even ships it to you (though I could be wrong).

Krezack
Mar 26, 2002, 10:37 PM
Cracco bOY do we really give a hoot? EPIC doesn't, AIKO paid more for them so they get thier money, etc...who cares.

Slix
Mar 29, 2002, 09:07 AM
Aiko actually originally purchased about 10 copies of TSF from Hemming.de. He is willing to ship them to any country in the world, as long as he recieves enough money ($15 US or 15 Euros).