PDA

View Full Version : JCF Bugs

Tubz
Mar 25, 2002, 12:15 PM
Bugs
1) When I edit my topic, and edit the Subject in the topic (1st post) it doesn't get edited on the Topic list in the forum.

2) Same thing happens if I try adding a Message Icon, it doesn't get updated along with the Subject in the Topic List of the Forum.

3) When I try adding a piece of vB Code such as Italics, Example: I first press the button for Italics. But the bug is that wherever the cursor is in the message the italics code doesn't get added there. Instead it for some reason gets added at the end of the message. Same thing happens if I try closing the tag.

4) Hmm, I just noticed the now. If I try adding a tag manually or try closing the tag manually when I try pressing that/those tag button(s)/close current tag button it won't work. Error message: << You already have an open tag of this type >>

Questions
1) Can somebody answer my question in the post in Fquist's topic in this forum called: Cool: Frequently asked questions.

2) How do you add vB Code: (Bold, Italics, and Underline) to Subjects in your messages?

Notes
Thanks for taking the time to read this Mods/Admins.

FQuist
Mar 26, 2002, 08:58 AM
1. I don't think this is a bug. I think it was done on purpose by Jelsoft.
2. Could be a bug. I haven't been able to test it yet. Perhaps this was also done on purpose. (you change the reply icon, not the topic icon)
3. I think it's supposed to be like that. Javascript probably doesn't make it possible to paste at the cursor.
4. A bug. I hope it will be fixed in the upcoming vB version.

You can't use vBcode in topic titles, luckily.

dopeh
Mar 26, 2002, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Fquist
4. A bug. I hope it will be fixed in the upcoming vB version.
Mind you that you're using vBulletin 2.2.0, and as there's already an vB 2.2.4 available, it has been already fixed probably...

FQuist
Mar 26, 2002, 09:46 PM
AFAIK I can't remember corrections like that.
I need to talk to Nebula first before upgrading, as only he has access to the software download.(at jelsoft, mind you, not warez.com ;-))

vB 3 is coming tough, and it appears to be a total rewrite.

WMCoolmon
Mar 26, 2002, 10:31 PM
4) Hmm, I just noticed the now. If I try adding a tag manually or try closing the tag manually when I try pressing that/those tag button(s)/close current tag button it won't work. Error message: << You already have an open tag of this type >>
This is also a limit of JS, I believe. Or at least, to implement it you'd have to go to a lot of trouble, if it could be done, so don't get your hopes up about this in particular. In order to use close tags with the buttons, all that has to be done is something like
i++;
Closing the current tags without using the button would require the form to be processed, the various tags to be checked to see if they're ended before another tag of the same type is begun again, then take out the second tag, in which case you'd have bug reports because that's not what the person wanted to happen. In other words, just add [ i] and [ /i] yourself :cool:

dopeh
Mar 27, 2002, 11:28 AM
Yea Quistey...there is coming up a new vB 3, and I think that you'd better wait 'till that one is out, too. I'm currently running vB 2.2.2, en there aren't many features. Just some security options..

Why don't you've got access your own anyway? It isn't your owbn board? :)

Bobby aka Dizzy
Mar 27, 2002, 06:43 PM
Nebula actually owns the board.

dopeh
Mar 31, 2002, 04:50 AM
Oh I see....Isn't that annoying? I mean, you are the people who are doing the most things here..
Oh well...never mind.