PDA

View Full Version : How come ambient lighting doesn't work after you enter water??

White Rabbit
Apr 9, 2002, 08:59 AM
I've got a problem here. I've put both ambient lighting and water in my lvl but when I enter the water and then come out again, the ambient lighting doesn't work. How come? Could someone plz tell me why this problem occurs and how to solve it.

Another Jazz 2 fan
Apr 9, 2002, 11:49 AM
I had this problem once before. Water changes the lighting. I solved it by separating the level into two levels and having the second start after the water part. That might not work in your case, if they are intertwined. And (sadly) lighting of course would not work under water either. (So nothing like JJ1 water levels is possible.) I'm not sure why JJ2 does this, it is just another very annoying thing in there that we must find a way around or avoid entirely.

AJ2f

Kaz
Apr 9, 2002, 02:31 PM
AKA make some sort of black tile and black circle with transparecies to act like it.

White Rabbit
Apr 11, 2002, 04:28 AM
So...you mean that there;s no way of solving this problem? :(
Oh well, I guess that I could take the ambient lighting away. It isn't that important.

*sighs* :(

JanusJackrabbit
Apr 11, 2002, 05:52 PM
I think that it gets darker in water as you go down anyways. So ambient lighting interferes with it. That's why it doesn't work.

Violet CLM
Apr 11, 2002, 10:43 PM
I've been in levels with lots of water, and it never seems to get darker.

JanusJackrabbit
Apr 12, 2002, 06:42 AM
Strange... In one of the beach levels it gets a little darker when you get to a certain point.

Shiverz
Apr 15, 2002, 10:30 AM
I tryed to make a lvl like that so it was like the one on jj1 when it goes darker but it doesnt work its sooooooo stupid so theres a one to add onto a wish list for if theres ever a 1.25

If i had a hammer id hammer devans
head down into the ground until it hurt
but i better watch out his wife might come
with a rolling pin :p

Alister
Apr 15, 2002, 12:32 PM
That's funny. Underwater ambient lighting works fine for me.
Maybe it's an 8-bit thing. You should all use 8-bit, darnit! ;)

Violet CLM
Apr 15, 2002, 04:40 PM
Nope, doesn't work. I always use 8-bit anyway, unless there's some water that looks awful. Or a textured background that looks awful. Either one.