PDA

View Full Version : How to draw..

Speedy
Apr 13, 2002, 04:41 PM
In your oppinion, what's the best way to learn to draw well?

Thanks!

Wild Angel
Apr 13, 2002, 06:18 PM
You develop your own technique. If once you fail, try, try again.

`Wildie

FireSworD
Apr 13, 2002, 06:24 PM
Everybody has differen't styles of drawing. Draw the way that best suits you. :D

EvilMike
Apr 13, 2002, 06:47 PM
First, put a hole in your finger. Then smear blood around until you make a picture. Sell it to some rich art collector for $100 000

GuMmYBeAr!
Apr 13, 2002, 08:23 PM
*thwaps mikey*

..just grab a pencil and make what you feel like makin'

You might end up with crap like this.. ;P

http://www.side7.com/cgi-bin/S7SDB/Archive.pl?ANO=4221&Cat=1

defalcon
Apr 13, 2002, 09:50 PM
Gummyart! :D

Skulg
Apr 14, 2002, 03:04 AM
When I was younger I watched too many cartoons. I think I learned it there. :D

CelL
Apr 14, 2002, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by $kúlg
When I was younger I watched too many cartoons. I think I learned it there. :D

Lol. Thats how i learned to talk English ;)

Skulg
Apr 14, 2002, 05:05 AM
Hehe LOL

Ah... I remember... When I was 8 years old I copied (drew) the whole JJ1 comic. I dunno why. I felt like doing it. :rolleyes:
That's how I learned to draw Jazz :D

Cobra
Apr 14, 2002, 09:41 AM
look at life and try to draw what you see. That's how I started. after a while, you can learn to warp reality and draw cartoons :P

Captain Spam
Apr 15, 2002, 02:26 PM
My favorite method involves looking at some style you want to draw, then try drawing it yourself WITHOUT tracing or looking up how that artist draws things. Just draw it by sight. It won't look the same at all, believe me, but it might look like something you like and, more importantly, something that's your own style.

The trick is to not be somebody else. Be yourself. Don't take full-blown art lessons from one person; you'll simply be a copy of that person. Learn bits and pieces from various sources and assemble them into something that's <b>YOU</b>.

It works better that way.

Wild Angel
Apr 15, 2002, 09:09 PM
I started off by looking at Sailor Moon and drawing eyes, because anime eyes are so fun to draw. ^-^
Then I started flipping through this old old animal book I had, and started to draw what I see in diffrent poses. ^-^

JJ BBoy KS
Apr 16, 2002, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Wild Angel
I started off by looking at Sailor Moon

Bleck. ;)

If you'd like to learn to draw, please hang up and try again. If you need help, hang up, and dial your operator.

||Slim
Apr 16, 2002, 10:46 AM
ANIME EYES! i LOVE drawing that style of eyes :)

Atmcdragon
May 4, 2002, 12:41 PM
Anime eyes are fun to draw! I just practice basic furry/anime. Just keep practing, and maybe stare at a couple pics to get inspration!

CrazyKiller
Jul 12, 2002, 08:06 PM
This is funny, Sailor Moon and poses in the same posts... hmmm.......

Batty Buddy
Jul 14, 2002, 09:29 PM
Que Passa!!!!

I learned from the master: Ed Emberly...
Never heard of him? Not surprised- despite the influance he's had on me, not just with art, but the way I look at things, nobody I know has heard of him.

Here's an example of his how-to stuff.
http://www.funorama.com/cowboy.html

If your interested in any of his books(It doesn't matter how old you are, this style is just the thing for killing time.) try them. Let me tell you, that man is(Or was, I don't know if he's still alive.) a genius at simplistic art styles.:
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/BookSearch/results.asp?sourceid=00392208415798819355&bfdate=07-15-2002+01:25:01&author_last=Emberly&author_first=Ed&bfinfo=ed_emberly

Blaz
Jul 18, 2002, 02:38 AM
But what kind of programs do you guys use to
colour it so beautifull, I kinda suck at that part...

Fawriel
Jul 18, 2002, 03:54 AM
I had tooo much Anime,too.
Pokemon,Digimon,Dragonball,even Sailormoon(NOOOOO!:D ).
I also love those eyes,as you can see in my pictures.
but I hate those Sailormoon and stuff monster-eyes!
I always wondered how long it takes to blink with those!!:p

Captain Spam
Jul 18, 2002, 07:08 AM
Blaz: Meself, I use GIMP. But, I don't know how to do really amazing realistic stuff like Pho can. And I need to fire up Paint Shop Pro to use Photoshop plugins. Ah, well. GIMP's free. :-)

(<a href="http://www.gimp.org/win32">GIMP!</a>)

Though really, I think there's more to the sweet coloring than just the program... it's also a matter of drawing out the picture so it'll color easily. Then you've gotta know what you're doing and all, and, well, it's a mess. :-)

Though I'd like to learn how to do nifty coloring sometime. Preferably without Photoshop plugins. :-)