PDA

View Full Version : Perhaps Another Opportunity To Get More Jazz...

Nadine
Apr 28, 2002, 03:45 PM
Maybe certain people around here (COUGH! *defalcon* COUGH!)think of me as too optimistic about the future of Jazz, and not one to talk being new around here, but there may be another opportunity here, if a bit indirect compared to the developer actually asking people what they want.

Check out Gamespot (http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/0,10850,6013548,00.html) , and go down a bit and you'll see an article called "Games That Should Be Remade Volume II". You can read the first article and this one, but basically, at the end the guy asks if anyone has any suggestions on what games they'd most like remade (or to get a sequel, which may resemble a new game). Ofcourse this is just for curiousity sake, but if we flood his email saying we want Jazz 3 and describe WHY it should get remade, and perhaps why it was canned in the first place, he'll see the demand and maybe tell some people he "knows" in high places? People who review games get to meet developers, ya know?

So I already sent an email, but to not seem so "Jazz dependant" I also put two other games I really want a sequel for. It can be any games - PC or console. Why not email them suggesting Jazz 3 and a new 2D Jazz game for GameBoy Advance?

Now I gotta keep an eye out for Defalcon. He's got to be about to post getting impatient with me....

Nadine
Apr 28, 2002, 03:49 PM
Oh, and while you're there, their "Gamespotting" weekly feature is always very interesting to read, and some topics include polls.

||Slim
Apr 28, 2002, 04:02 PM
<strike> mmm! grim fandango! </strike> :P

i guess we should..

defalcon
Apr 29, 2002, 01:41 AM
Impatient? No, more like 'ugh not again...'

Hm...seems good in theory, but considering we've already flooded and won a GOD Games poll about a JJ sequel, and flooded the P2 message boards (which apparently might have taken off if Epic hadn't demanded so much money as they've told us), I don't see how much this will help. If it does get moving, it might hit a snag such as, oh, same as the last 2 attempts - no publisher+lack of money, or, Epic wanting too much mooney for the rights. :P

Shiverz
Apr 29, 2002, 09:13 AM
We have 1.24 and 1.23 the 2d versions why ask for another one just ask for a patch for one :confused:

Violet CLM
Apr 29, 2002, 01:10 PM
The thing is, from what I can tell, is that this doesn't really get results, it's just somebody talking about old games that should be remade. And compared to a lot of the games there, JJ2 isn't very old.

Nadine
Apr 29, 2002, 03:47 PM
I know JJ2 isn't very old, and actually it's one of the most quickly abandoned games I've ever seen.

I know we want a new patch, but a new Jazz 2D game on GBA would help the masses get interested in Jazz, and if it was a new Jazz game, 2D or not, we would want to play it also wouldn't we? Ofcourse, I don't have a GBA yet.

Yes, defalcon, I guess you're right. There have already been more direct ways to show that want Jazz 3 to be made. Ofcourse, I didn't know about a GodGames poll. Is it still on? It wouldn't hurt to email them, but I guess it probably won't have a big impact. I emailed them because I had other games I want remade anyway, so hey, why not include Jazz 3 in that list?

KRSplat
Apr 29, 2002, 04:56 PM
It ended months ago ;)

Anyway, don't blame me for being a pessimist, but I don't think it willl work. ;p

But then, you never know... but you usually do.