PDA

View Full Version : New Anims.j2a

Fighter II
May 4, 2002, 01:25 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! !!!! I edited the anims.j2a!!! I don't know how! I think I have the source code! But my anims.j2a actually messed up! Help me!

JanusJackrabbit
May 4, 2002, 02:35 PM
Reinstall.:p

||Slim
May 4, 2002, 06:00 PM
lol

>>Møønßlãzé<<
May 5, 2002, 12:52 AM
Post this on Technical Help instead

Ninja
May 7, 2002, 04:14 AM
ya what he said.

Link
May 7, 2002, 10:18 AM
First of all, this post looks exactly like my "bad" example in my article. I thought I was exaggerating when I wrote that, but...

Secondly, the problem:

You do not have the source code
Unless one does have the source code, one should not attempt to edit the anims.j2a file (or any other file for that matter)
It is pretty obvious what you should do, and I think that one who thinks they have the skills to edit anims.j2a should be able to fix it
<strike>As the JJ2 CD-ROM contains all the JJ2 files, it is a good idea to copy the good anims.j2a from the CD to replace the one that you edited</strike>

Sorry for the tone of my reply, but posts like this made me mad before, and they make me really mad AFTER I wrote the article entitled "Read this before you post" :mad:

defalcon
May 7, 2002, 10:01 PM
Hear hear!

Ice M A N
May 8, 2002, 02:24 PM
<font size="1">(Actually this was posted in the JCS forum, but moved here, so it's very possible they didn't see that post, but still...)</font>

Krezack
May 15, 2002, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by Fighter II
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! !!!! I edited the anims.j2a!!! I don't know how! I think I have the source code! But my anims.j2a actually messed up! Help me!

Yes, you have the source code from fiddling with the animation library. Btw ever heard of a back-up? ;)

Link, mad. Well now I HAVE seen everything :D

JanusJackrabbit
May 17, 2002, 03:22 PM
Is there any way to view the animation library?

Krezack
May 18, 2002, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by JanusJackrabbit
Is there any way to view the animation library?

Heck yes! All it is a is Zip file full of graphics. The compression method (if any) is different though.

JanusJackrabbit
May 22, 2002, 05:04 PM
But can I view it with some special program?

Unhit
May 23, 2002, 12:14 AM
Just reinstall or ask another Jazzer to send it to you.

Link
May 23, 2002, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by Krezack
Heck yes! All it is a is Zip file full of graphics. The compression method (if any) is different though.

I think it is a bit more complicated than that...

Krezack
May 23, 2002, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Link

I think it is a bit more complicated than that...

You can provide a better metaphoric explantation? :D

Haze
May 24, 2002, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Krezack

You can provide a better metaphoric explantation? :D

It's an encoded file, with a compression routine partly based on the ZLib-routines. Mostly all the Jazz2 files are compressed by a hybrid compression, part ZLib part Epic. Though I'm suspecting that Epic's "compression" is just a special header. :P

_TK_
Jun 14, 2002, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Haze

It's an encoded file, with a compression routine partly based on the ZLib-routines. Mostly all the Jazz2 files are compressed by a hybrid compression, part ZLib part Epic. Though I'm suspecting that Epic's "compression" is just a special header. :P

I opened Anims.j2a with hex editor. The first line was:

414C 4942 00BA BE00 D001 0000 0002 0818 ALIB............

I think it uses ALIB-compression(whatever it is..)

Link
Jun 14, 2002, 05:56 PM
ALIB means "Animation LIBrary"

The first few characters of Windows binary files generally show what type of file it is. For example, most .exes start with "MZ"

_TK_
Jun 22, 2002, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Haze

It's not just a special header: it is much complicated. I changed the header(ALIB) to ZLib's header(x) and tried to decompress it. It didn't work. I also tried some known archive types: it isn't Zip, Ace, Jar, Rar, LHA or any of the known archive types.

Alister
Jun 22, 2002, 12:34 PM
but how could you know how many bytes the Epic header takes up? I sincerely doubt it's just a matter of replacing ALIB with x.

Trafton AT
Jun 27, 2002, 09:48 AM
If only.

Trafton AT
Jul 10, 2002, 09:05 AM
By the way, if it messed up, YOU DID NOT KNOW THE SOURCE CODE. I can edit any file, but that doesn't mean the source code is visible. It's encrypted, editing it kills it.

_TK_
Jul 23, 2002, 06:27 AM
Arjan said that animation compiler and full source is needed to edit animations. And he said that they will be released soon!