PDA

View Full Version : Nostalgia

Cobra
May 4, 2002, 10:57 PM
It was the same tavern, with the same ale, same rabbits, and same chaos. The same rain fell on the same ground, and mixed to become the same mud.
The same black cloaks that were always worn in the past were brought out as a protection from the rain, and the same old bragging matches were being provoked by the same ale.
It was the seventh day of the seventh month.
At a table in a dark corner, Cobra sat alone, accompanied only by a shot glass.
She was reminiscing of the “good old days”.
Perhaps she was too young to remember them clearly, but they certainly seemed more honorable than the current times. Dethman, Merlin, Alex – legends, they all lived. They existed. They were still out in the world, somewhere.
Unlike now.
What did they have now? Nothing. No role models for the next generation. The legends were forgotten, and the legendary fighters had all vanished.
Bringing her glass up, she whispered “To those who we never knew, but always feared.” She tipped it to her lips, and choked on the Braggarian Goo, the only thing that seemed appropriate for the occasion.
Setting it down, she set off, into the night.

(Feel free to continue*

Ninja
May 5, 2002, 01:59 PM
Lightning Flashed

Thunder broke the silence..Ninja sat 3 stools away from where Cobra hat sat a few minutes ago dousing down another glass of carrot juice.

He pushed his stool away from the table drew his sword and
stepped out into the rain. The weather was as cold as his spirits
. . . . . . . . .

Niftular and Dark :)

Ducky
May 5, 2002, 02:42 PM
The rain added to the air of things long forgotten. The clink of glasses, the squeak of the bartender's towel, the dim stains of firelight cast on the walls by the melted candle stubs- all tear-provoking to the few, the only who remembered.

Sigh, Cobbie..

Ninja
May 5, 2002, 03:06 PM
This ought to be good Cobra :)

DDay
May 6, 2002, 06:11 AM
Nice and dark opening, oh holy instigator...
``````````

A short rabbit, concealed under a thick black cloak that hid his fur color from most bystanders, walked into the tavern. He had been used to skulking about, cowering in the shadows of those now forgotten. Now, he savored his steps, no cares, no worries crossing his face.

"What's the point?" he thought aloud -- few heard it, and those who did refused to find any meaning in it. "What's the point of staying in this place?... The streets are empty and many have disappeared. No one would notice another rabbit gone."

There was a long silence. The air felt thick, and the rabbit breathed it in heavy gulps. The bartender (an unfamiliar face, not that the new rabbit had seen the old bartender) pushed a drink onto the table. No one really knew what it was, but it didn't really matter.

The rabbit gave a sigh, sat down, and buried his face in his paws.

RockyR
May 10, 2002, 04:20 PM
The air of dissapointment and melancholy spite was heavy as anything and poor Rocky's head lay pushed under it like it was a lead weight.
An uncomfortable day at the war tavern it was -
"Hey, don't worry about it, calm down, we're okay," he said to relieve his head. He was not greeted by a sudden change in air pressure. Dismayed he continued "We all die and we all are born - and no one died yet. Our good friends don't come for drinks anymore but they're all still out there and we knew them, so we still know them, and we know they're all doing something positive with their lives," "And we're all here for each other and everyone else."
The air lifted a bit but not much. "Shoot," he said after a bite of food. He pulled open the window and stuck his head into the rain to cool off.

(Rocky)

defalcon
May 10, 2002, 07:05 PM
The noise of conversation reached his ears as he entered the building. His entrance was barely audible over the clinking of glasses and the loud chatter around the bar. He settled into his booth, staring around.

Too many new faces, not enough old ones. The inhabitants of the tavern were unrecognised to him; he was from an era that was now bygone.

The cold rain poured outside, and the thunder briefly illuminated the outside. He was way too old for this.

Ducky
May 11, 2002, 06:25 AM
I didn't know who was the bartender, but it wasn't me. I crouched at my Table in a dark corner next to a dingy, diamond-paned leaded window which was open to reveal a box of geraniums miserabley hunching in the rain. I remembered when Blackie had slept in those geraniums. The wind blew the rain into my face and the gutter into my glass of Rigelion synth-ale carrot beer. I picked a dead leaf out.

Behind me, the bathroom door squeaked open, but the old haunter, Hank, didnt step out. I turned back to my drink, seeking solace like those of long ago, when I was a newbie. I always thought that they were just a bunch of drunks.

The drink wasn't too back with rusty gutter water in it. Maybe i could give a reccommendation to the bartender. i picked a pine needle out from between my teeth and started to cry.

RockyR
May 11, 2002, 12:18 PM
Yeah I tried that too :) . . it must make for a better story or something when it's depressing.

(Rocky)

KRSplat
May 11, 2002, 12:25 PM
Evil Piz. I was going to say that.

DDay
May 13, 2002, 11:52 AM
Nice ending, but a little bland. Lemme try...

```````````````
Suddenly, the rain stopped, the lights popped on and loud, bouncy, and suspiciously optimistic music started up. No one knew why this happened, or why there were any christmas lights in the Tavern in the first place, but people cheered up regardless.

Then the JJ3 rumor went out and a few people fought tooth and claw for the (illegal?) "DEMO" of "power" while the others impassively watched. There we must end, because the next moments could get quite gory.

````````````````
That's more like it? :p

Cobra
May 13, 2002, 12:38 PM
Pjooheads, ruining the story

defalcon
May 13, 2002, 10:35 PM
Don't look at me

Cobra
May 14, 2002, 12:16 PM
OFF-TOPIC!
*bashes Pizza's head with her admin rod*

Ducky
May 15, 2002, 12:34 PM
PERSON ATTACK!

*fwips her Feeble Twig in Cobra's direction*

Ninja
May 31, 2002, 03:18 AM
Paperclipp pilferer!

Feel the wrath of my POTATO Arough! Roargh! EEEEEEEEEEE-YAH!

DDay
May 31, 2002, 11:34 AM
Heyyyyyy, you're right... this is somewhat nostalgic! :D

4I Falcon
Jun 5, 2002, 03:02 PM
i'm feeling particularly godly today, so i think i'll take a crack at this... :D

Jack Flash and his good friend Firefox watched in amusement as Jack's younger sister Headcheese made a fool of herself, bashing away at older rabbits (and getting thwacked quite mercilessly herself) while trying to get at the elusive JJ3 demo. At one point, Jack saw Headcheese take a blow that knocked her across the room, but she got up unfazed, and charged back into the melée. Eventually, she disappeared into the middle. Jack leaned forward in his chair slightly, partly in anticipation, partly to see exactly what happened to his sister, when suddenly she flew out of the pile of rabbits quite fast. She landed and slid across a table, knocking it over, and ended up standing on her head against the wall. Jack and Firefox began to worry that she had been hurt somehow, but the little blue rabbit simply grinned, and said, "FOOBA!"

...woo!

Red_XIII
Jun 6, 2002, 01:01 AM
Moo, don't mess up the story, it roolz :D Lets continue... from.... Duckeh's
:)
==============================================
RedXIII drank down his 10th Rabbit Tonic. His eyes were bloody, his face all mangled and bloody. JDC was brutal now, just to earn fame not any fun. He crashed himself onto the table to wake himself from the horrid night. As he laid by the window, watching the thunder and rain crash against the glass, he drank his last tonic and stared through the night. Blinking, he watched the dark cloak of Cobra running through the lightning and the eternal rain and he whispered, "Nostalgia..."

Ducky sobbed and thankfully received a box of tissues from the mysterious bartender. She muttered "thanks" through her bitter and dry mouth and wiped her eyes. Looking through her dazed but somewhat awoken eyes, she saw the chaos and remains of this so-called War Tavern. She looked at Ninja's Carrot Juice, unfinished and ever so bitter like the dregs at the bottom of the so-called "energy drink" She stared at RedXIII, lying on the window-sill, staring and glaring at the rain, knowing and thinking nothing but Nostalgia. Ducky wanted to lament, but knowing of a party with her family in Farius, she couldn't, but that yearning came back. Asking the hooded bartender, "Another Diamondus special please" she grieved and put her head against the hard and cold wall....

MOO, who should I do next? Cobbie! (free time for meh)
Cobra stumbled through the rain and wind. The lightning flashed and the wind howled ghastly like the word Nostalgia through her ears. Her cloak was billowing behind her and she ran forwards, forward through the everlasting night, hearing nothing but the memories of the past. Her pearl-drop tears fell into the puddles of the reflection and she continued to run, sobbing, crying, nostalgic. She sat down on the wet bank of River Teria where nothing but memories of the past sang down from the Rocks of the Elmight Rapids. She put her hands on her face and cried, bitter-sweet........

Who wnats to give meh a 10/10? Eh? I ROOOL ;)

Who wants to be done next? Pessemestic please... not optimistic :p Optimism will come pizzie, wait (its the end part when its spring ;P)

Red_XIII: Mooing Edit (wrong content)

Red_XIII
Jun 6, 2002, 01:26 AM
Moo, I missed out Defalcon :D :o
Defalcon drank his last bit of his Carrotus Ale. He felt the bitter taste in his mouth and was oddly revived. He hit the dark grazed and graffitied table and placed his head on the side. No-one noticed. No-one cared. It didn't mean anything. He could have got out his light sabers and slashed the table into clean 32 pieces if he wanted, but no-one would care. In the Nostalgia days, the Tavern people, the oldies would laugh heartily and clap like mad. But not now. Nothing mattered, no-one cared. Defalcon frowned and got up and went to the door. He put his hood on and stared where he had to go and ran. Running away from the past mysteries. Hiding but never ever lasting.

Ninja
Jun 6, 2002, 01:32 AM
Thumbs up to RED *squishes bug crawling on monitor*

4I Falcon
Jun 6, 2002, 05:33 AM
whatever happened to my?!

i feel forgotten and lonely...

...partly because i'm stuck in this laundry basket... HELP ME!!

Red_XIII
Jun 19, 2002, 11:42 AM
YAYAYAY :D
The dark hooded bar-tender took off his hood. His face is clear and full of passion. He was the only rabbit that could restore peace and happiness to the poor world of Diamondus. He was The One. The Only One. He stared at the poor rabbits lying on the ground drunk, sad but somewhat peaceful. He got out his 12inch blade from no-where and he ran out into the night. He was the Lone Wolf. And he carried the only sword that will restore peace. The SommerSword <Note: That Lone Wolf and SommerSword is from a book called Lone Wolf. Really Cool> He ran out of the door. His name was............................................... .................................................. .
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..........
.................................................. .................................................. .....
.................................................. .................................................. .....
.................................................. ...............Disguise...................

4I Falcon
Jun 19, 2002, 02:43 PM
*is indignant* I'm going to go stand in a wall over here. :(

Ducky
Jun 19, 2002, 07:00 PM
I got too drunk and had to break the silence. I didn't remember Rigelion synth-ale carrot beer being so strong in the past.
Maybe I'd been reading too much Lord of the Rings. Or maybe I'd been listening to Billy Joel too much. Or wait. Was that semisonic? i can never remember now who sings that song. Maybe it was Linkin Park.

Anyway... I jumped up on a table, a big scarred, oak one, and started bellowing from the middle of the song:

THEEEE WAITRESSES SOMETHINGSOMETHING SOMETHING
AS THE BUSINESSMEN SLOWLY GET STONED

WEEEEEE'RE SHARING A DRRRRINK WE CALL LOOOONELINESS

BUT IT'S <i>BETTTER</i> THAN DRINKINNNNN' ALOOOONE

OH LA DA DA DEE DAH

LA DA DAH DEE DAAAA DA DAH' -Sing with me, friends! -"

I started over at the beginning. Fortunately someone pulled me down prettty quick, because I was getting all teary eyed and anyway, I could only remember the chorus("Sing us a song, you're th'piano-man, sing us a song tooooniiiiight
We're all in th'mood for a melody, n you've got us feeling all right")

Yeah. So I refocussed with a cherry mead in my paw and reminisced about Black sleeping in my geraniums.

Elias FF
Jun 21, 2002, 11:46 AM
At that moment, a bright flash of lightning filled the skies, followed almost immediately by a roaring clap of thunder. The rain began to come down... even harder than before, while the winds began to howl furiously, like wolves chasing after their prey. Ink-stained newspapers could be seen sweeping across the nearby streets, and the dim street lights could barely be seen under the deluge that was now making its presence known.

Yet, in spite of all of this, one lone rabbit had just made it to the front door of the tavern. As he slowly opened it, he was met with dead silence... a sound he never expected to hear in a place such as this.

"Man, this place sure has changed the last time I came here," the stranger thought to himself as he entered the tavern. "The last time I was here, it was full of life. I can't believe so much could change in six months!"

Shutting the door behind him, the stranger began to head for an unoccupied table, when he suddenly noticed someone who looked very familiar to him. The fact that she was carrying around an Admin Rod only helped to confirm that suspicion.

The stranger walked over to the table where she was sitting. "Is anyone else sitting here?" he calmly asked once he was at his destination.

"No, not really...."

"Would you mind if I..."

"No, not really," was the woman's response.

Sitting himself down, the stranger began a conversation with the young female rabbit. "Well, Cobra... it looks like you haven't changed a bit since the last time I saw you."

Cobra's eyes instantly became as wide as saucers. "How on Carrotus do you know my name?" she questioned. "Have we met before or something?"

"I'm pretty sure you have. After all, you were the one who ended up obtaining the legendary Diamondus Blaster, were you not?"

If Cobra's eyes had gotten any wider, they would have dropped right out of their sockets! "How do you know THAT?!" she inquired. "Who are you?"

"Maybe it would be better if you saw me, rather than just heard my voice."

With that, the stranger removed his cloak, letting it rest on the back of the chair. A bright blue rabbit was hidden underneath, having a matching color blaster holstered to his belt. Around his neck was a medallion of a darker blue, upon which a jaguar was engraved on it. On the palms of his hands were dark blue stars, matching the color of the medallion.

"Recognize me now, Cobra?"

"Oh, my gosh...! Is that you, Elias?!"

"The last time I checked, it was!"

Upon hearing this, Cobra promptly fainted.

"Um... can we get some water over here?" Elias queried, obviously embarrassed at what happened.

*Feel free to continue from here.*
---------------------

Elias FF-- making a much-needed return to the Jazz 2 community!

atesoR
Jun 21, 2002, 12:02 PM
Sounds good, I didnt even read the beguinning yet :p

Violet CLM
Jun 21, 2002, 01:09 PM
ELIAS! :D

Eh, by the way. The main War Stories topic is at http://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22, in case you feel like it.. we're a little short on writers at the moment.

Ax Man
Jun 21, 2002, 02:28 PM
I looked around, all the faces unfamiliar. The rain outside somehow made everything a little blander. The faces of the tavern all seemed to blend together.

Not the same, nothings the same. Why did you come back? There's nothing here for you now.

Heck, the bartenders not even the same! I took a quick drink of my carrot juice, allowing myself to glance at the reflection in the liquid.

Suddenly a familiar voice seized the air. Axie! Axie!

I always hated that nickname!

sorry, I've been out of writing for a while...give me some time to get back into the groove of it.

:p

defalcon
Jun 21, 2002, 07:16 PM
Elias, teh Carrotus blaster thingie story gems and stuff from Lori Central! :D

Ducky
Jun 22, 2002, 10:18 AM
OH MY GOSH ELIAS YOU'RE BACK?!!

A ROUND OF DRINKs FOR EVERYONE!

Elias! Amazing.

I can so not belive this. Oh my gosh.

Wow.

*calms down*

Cobra
Jun 22, 2002, 11:24 AM
I rose from the floor, a little lightheaded as images and unfamiliar words flashed through my mind. The blaster, Celestia, Flamechaser, StarSapphire?
Elias had returned, and perhaps more would follow. Would this be a revival of the tavern? Or would this be another grave we were digging for ourselves?

4I Falcon
Jun 22, 2002, 08:03 PM
Myself and Firefox, apparently not even having heard of Elias, became immediately intrigued at the respect this newcomer was getting.

Then we saw the medallion.

Firefox picked up a similar pendant from under his cloak, a red one with a flame insignia on it. I pulled a third one from my pack, a green one with a symbol of a bird of prey on it. I had rarely ever worn it before... We both stared at our respective crystals, then glanced back at Elias'. I got the feeling myself, Firefox, and Elias shared some sort of connection...

On a hunch I left the tavern, and bolted at a quick run back to Ouistreham.

Knux
Jun 24, 2002, 11:28 PM
Well well, look at all those famous rabbits you mention, those very important, loved, and missed rabbits, and im no where up there :p Tsk Tsk.

Wazz Wackrabbit
Jun 26, 2002, 02:47 PM
Scraaaaat. It was the doors of the tavern -
a blue, wicked looking rabbit, holding (hardly) the
LFG-2001 blaster. It was me.

I was so sad, maybe it was the weather.
FLASH. It was a thunder. DOOOOOM.. Thunder clap.
I walked up to the bartender and belowed weakly "Medieval Ale mug please." Then I waited for the ale. When it was full, I slowly
walked to Elias' table. I didn't talk much, in between impressivity at Cobra's sight and suprise mixed with hardly any joy of meeting Elias. I started sinking in the ale.. it arrived to my systems.

*Elias, feel free to talk with me, but use my personality!*

Elias FF
Jul 2, 2002, 12:33 PM
It had been at least six months, if not more, since I last set foot inside the War Tavern. Yet, in less than six minutes, it seemed to have sprung back to life!

”Did I really make that big of an impact in this place?” I wondered to myself as a tall glass of Carrot Juice was passed to me. ”If that’s the case, then why did I leave to begin with?”

“So Elias, where have you been all this time?” Ducky questioned, breaking me out of my state of thought.

“Well,” I began, “I’ve mainly been wandering around the world, hiring myself off as a mercenary, in the hopes of earning enough money to build myself a permanent residence. So far, though… I haven’t been doing all that great.”

“What do you mean?”

“Some of the people that hire me are real cheapskates. In fact, the last person who hired me put me in a group with several other mercenaries. Well, during the mission, one of them ended up blowing the entire operation due to his big mouth. We barely managed to escape with our lives, and when we got back, the guy who hired us said that we didn’t deserve to be paid! Can you believe that? One idiot cost me some decent pay!”

I downed a few swallows of my drink before continuing. “Maybe I should have tried becoming a bounty hunter instead.”

“I don’t know, Elias. I hear that a bounty hunter’s life is pretty lonely.” Cobra stated.

“I know, but at least you don’t have to worry about anyone other than yourself,” I replied.

“Maybe you should have stuck to being a guard at Castle Carrotus.”

I turned around to find the source of the new voice and came face-to-face with a red and black colored Angora rabbit. The shield that he wore on his back was a dead giveaway as to who he was. “Yo, Night Fire… if you’re down here, than who’s guarding the Spirit World?”

“Nice to see that you still remember me, Elias,” Night Fire stated. “As for your question, I was allowed a second chance to live my life down here due to my assistance in Cobra’s quest for the Diamondus Blaster. As a result, Qui-Gon is now the Guardian of the Spirit World. From what I hear, he’s doing a very good job of it, too!”

”No surprise there, considering the fact that he’s a Jedi Knight!” I said to myself.

All this time had passed, and I had just noticed another bright blue rabbit heading for my table. Taking a glance at him, I nearly performed a double-take; if we were standing right next to each other, one would more than likely make the mistake of thinking that we were twin brothers! ”Of course, that’s not possible, considering the fact that I was an only child,” I thought.

The blue rabbit sat down between Cobra and me and began to drink his Medieval Ale. (I remembered the first, not to mention only, time I tried drinking that… that was when I found out that I couldn’t hold my alcohol very well.) “The name’s Wazz.”

”Geez, talk about getting to the point!”

“That’s a nice sword you have there. It looks similar to my Thunder Sword.”

“You mean this? Thanks. I found it during one of my missions. I must say, it’s pretty impressive.”

I took the sword out of its leather scabbard and placed it on the table. All eyes were immediately transfixed at the sight before them. It was a beautiful, hand-crafted sword that had a handle decorated with small diamonds, rubies, emeralds, and sapphires. At the base of the blade, on both sides, was an etching of the Greek letter Omega.

“I call this the Omega Sword because of those symbols,” I stated, taking another few swallows of my juice.

I continued on, talking about how long the sword was. The blade itself was an amazing 34 inches long. Including the handle, the sword reached a total length of 47 inches!

“Geez, Elias!” Cobra stated. “Can you even hold that thing?”

“Of course I can, but in my rabbit form, I need to use both hands to do so. However…”

It was at that moment that I grabbed a hold of my medallion. A flash of brilliant white light radiated throughout the room as my appearance began changing. My ears grew shorter and more rounded, while my tail became longer and thinner. My fur color was changing as well, from a sky blue to a midnight black. Razor-sharp teeth, capable of tearing through metal, began to form as my overall appearance changed from that of a rabbit… to the animal depicted on the medallion: a Jaguar! When the light finally diminished, everyone was silent.

“Well Elias,” Cobra began, breaking the silence, “it appears that you haven’t changed a bit, either. That is, except for the coloring when you transform.”

“Thank you! I take pride in my work,” I replied, easily grabbing the sword with one hand and placing it back in its holder.

Everyone rolled their eyes, except for Wazz, who was obviously in a drunken state. “Is that all you’ve got, or do you have some other surprises in store?”

Not ready to get into a fight because of a drunk rabbit, I decided to play along. “Watch… and be amazed!”

I began to concentrate, focusing all my energy to my right hand. Within seconds, it began glowing a dull red, but as time passed, the glow steadily became brighter, until it was the color of fire. What happened next nearly gave some rabbits a heart attack: my hand suddenly went up in flames, producing a small fireball.

“Elias… since when have you been able to do this?” Ducky, Night Fire, and Cobra asked in unison.

“To tell you the truth, I only mastered it about three weeks ago, but I’m constantly training to make it become more powerful. However, I’m only able to use this in my current form.”

“Big deal! I can do better than that!” Wazz shouted.

Without warning, Wazz took in a deep breath, and then exhaled a column of fire out from his mouth. Several of the rabbits had to duck to avoid being roasted as it headed for the wall. Fortunately, the walls had been created from bricks, so no damage was sustained.

“How do you like that?” Wazz queried as smoke came out of his nose.

“Pretty impressive, but I’d rather not scorch my throat, thank you very much,” I replied, swallowing the rest of my juice down to emphasize my point.

But before Wazz could say anything…

*Feel free to continue from here. And Wazz, if I didn’t get your personality quite right, I’m sorry. I tried to follow it as closely as you described yourself.*
------------------

Elias FF-- A rabbit who's just FULL of surprises! :cool: