PDA

View Full Version : Look here....

Atmcdragon
May 4, 2002, 11:37 PM
I'm sure many of you have seen this, but who is basically going to make the real JJ3?

If you go to the Gallery section of Noogy's and scroll down there's something about JJ3, I've known about this for a while, but I don't know if he quit on it *Dean's animating a film right now*

Fill me in the situation here.

Violet CLM
May 5, 2002, 12:02 AM
Dean is animating a film, yes, and has said he wants nothing more to do with Jazz Jackrabbit. (or something on that order)

From the way it seems, it is unlikely anyone will make JJ3, unless you count Skitch Possum, which was originally meant to be an unofficial JJ3, if I remember correctly.

Nadine
May 6, 2002, 09:26 PM
I don't know what film he's up to, but everyone seems to have abandoned the idea of more Jazz Jackrabbit :( ...
But there is hope for a fanmade version! I don't know about the version you mentioned, but if anyone here knows how to make fangames, has some programming knowledge and has the game "Duke Nukem 3D" you could very well make a 2D sprite based 3D Jazz game! I just discovered a little program called "EDuke" and a thing called "Total Conversions".

Go to Total Conversions (http://totalconversions.com/) . I just discovered this, so I don't know a whole lot about it, but I think basically you can give Duke Nukem 3D such a drastic overhaul that it resembles a completely new game! So if Epic won't make a Jazz 3, I guess one of us can! Now I have no idea how user friendly this is, but anyone who is used to programming and is artistic too will have no problem working on this. Anyone want to do it? The actual program can be found HERE (http://www.saettler.com/eduke/), so why not check it out?

What I want to do is test the idea out, after I learn more, and make Jazz playable in Duke 3D. I would take the animations from the bonus stages of Jazz 1 and edit the sprites and add more so that Jazz can be seen from all angles. I'm not sure if Duke 3D is online playable, but it supports network games I know. The only problem is because of flippin Windows XP I can't play old games anymore until I install the REAL DOS and do a dualboot. But I have no idea how.

Still the idea is very cool. An official version would be best, but atleast we can make our own version of Jazz 3 in the meantime.

defalcon
May 7, 2002, 12:36 AM
Erm, there have been...*counts*...um...at least 10 different attempts to create Jazz mods/games (as in full, multiplayer games). Some using the more-simple-to-mod-less-complex-than-duke-nukem doom engine. And failed. It takes AGES to make TC's and mods.

Not that I'm saying you can't try, go for it, by all means. :)

JanusJackrabbit
May 7, 2002, 06:52 AM
I think it would be better if Jazz3 was made like Earthworm Jim 3D. The gameplay would be a lot cooler.:cool:

Haze
May 7, 2002, 12:23 PM
There exists a (very simple) Jazz Jackrabbit skin for some advanced port of Doom. :)

Shadow XZ
May 8, 2002, 04:00 AM
Hmm.... I've been thinking about trying to release a Jazz 3D type game for a while now... I already have a very nice 3d Rendering program/Game thingie... I think I shall start to work on this... Anyone have any suggestions?

Nadine
May 8, 2002, 06:58 PM
Well, I guess I suggest that you somehow get the demo of the official Jazz 3 to see how the gameplay was. I don't know if it was any good, or how to get the demo. Also, it can be like previous Jazz games (no duh) and maybe similar to "Fur Fighters". Fur Fighters is available on the PC (if you can find it), Dreamcast and Playstation2. It is a cartoon game with stuffed animals with guns killing teddy bear enemies. The gameplay was a third person shoot em up/platformer mix, with some puzzles as well. It was awesome, and that would work well for Jazz 3D, but also in Jazz games the enemies don't shoot back.

I'll give you more ideas when I think of them. Are you sure you know how to 3D model and make games? Even a Duke 3D turned Jazz 3D would please me. If you can make a better looking and playing game than that, then please do! I'll answer any questions you may have.

Violet CLM
May 8, 2002, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Nadine
but also in Jazz games the enemies don't shoot back.

So what about the deadly plants, and turtle tanks, and hatters, and super bees, and Marbela Patrols (I forgot the real spelling) and giant turtle guards, and smaller turtle guards, and more turtle tanks, and a different type of turtle tanks, and the raggedy ann dolls, and the airplanes, and those Deserto thingies that I forgot the name of, and the flying missile launchers, and dragons, and generators, and flying turtle guards, and airboard riders, and jet pack turtle guards? (And maybe more)

Nadine
May 8, 2002, 10:19 PM
Yeah, ofcourse I didn't forget about those. But I'm thinking, combine classic Jazz gameplay and enemies with a third person shooter (Jazz does the shooting I guess), and it should have bonus stages as well. And maybe this is impossible for a fan to create, but it should have online deathmatch, CTF, etc. I don't expect a fangame to have this though.

defalcon
May 8, 2002, 11:02 PM
Ugh, no, NOT Fur Fighters, that game has a sluggish game engine and a reeeal bad camera. =\ Nope, JJ3 was fine as it was.

Shadow XZ
May 9, 2002, 03:30 AM
Ok. I have a start to the game, but I am wondering how and if I'll ever get the demo for JJ3. I mean, it's not nessecairy, but I'd like to see it for ideas they had that might work good. Obviously, this won't have online capabilities... yet at least. But I nearly have the Jazz character completed already. But theres so much more to do... Look for the beta/demo of this project sometime near Christmas... Sorry, but I have school a bit longer, and then summer vacation, but during summer, but after my vacation, it'll be jazzing time! I'm gonna keep working, and keep ya'll updated...

Txl Kill
May 22, 2002, 04:29 AM
Umm that movie has nothing to do with JJ3! it is called Eslyiam Tale or somthing like that and it is a animated feature which takes up most of his time thats why he is not working on any thing else.

Violet CLM
May 22, 2002, 01:33 PM
Nobody said it did.

Nadine
Jun 20, 2002, 11:46 PM
Hey, if you could do a good job at making a Jazz model - since you want to try and make this game - you could also release it as a model for PC shootemups, like Quake 3, Unreal Tournament, and Elite Force. Then I can play EF or Unreal as Jazz against people online and so could anyone else! Your efforts would be well used and appreciated by many people. It's a cool idea. I can't believe there isn't already a Jazz model for download. Maybe no one thought of it.

JanusJackrabbit
Jun 21, 2002, 09:34 AM
And maybe Jedi Outcast?

Violet CLM
Jun 21, 2002, 12:37 PM
One word. Copyrighted.

Nadine
Jun 22, 2002, 07:22 PM
Copyrighted? Heh, that didn't stop people from making Homer Simpson, Snoopy, Lara Croft, Sonic the Hedgehog, Bender... And aren't they all copyrighted? All you gotta do is make it, and if Epic discovers it and disproves they get you to take it down from the site. But there's no harm in trying, right?

||Slim
Jun 23, 2002, 07:23 AM
they couldnt afford to make JJ3. whats stopping them from suing us until the get back the money they lost in attempting :P

Nadine
Jun 26, 2002, 10:59 AM
Touche :roll:

Txl Kill
Jun 26, 2002, 06:53 PM
I have some pretty good mod maker friends who have made mods for HL and TRIBES both are great mods if you see WORMS HL my firends made that but i asked them if they wanted to work on a jj3 project and they didnt have time