PDA

View Full Version : Frog Tricks

Bartman
May 9, 2002, 07:34 AM
Can anyone tell me some stuff that the frog can do? I'm making a puzzle level and so far its going smoothly. You have to pick up some objects using your tounge. And there's (Of course) tons of trigger crates to break with some floating armed TNT.

I'll post some screens when I get home.

Btw, am I the first to discover that the frog can use its tounge in more than 2 directions? (Try holding up, up left/right)

The level's will also feature one of the bosses that chase you around and you need to lure them into "The bad machine" (Just an area with tons of TNT)

Of course you have to avoid his fire and clear the jumps...

So what do ya'll think of it so far?

Oh and couple of things: The level will be able to use multiple difficulties, and has some multiplayer specific items. (You know, in case someone is bored and does 2-4 player cooperative...)

Oh and um...what tileset? Oh I dunno...take a guess, which ones my favorite hmm?

Newspaz
May 9, 2002, 07:48 AM
Bah, MEZ01 ;)
But I can't wait to see it.

Violet CLM
May 9, 2002, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Bartman
Can anyone tell me some stuff that the frog can do? I'm making a puzzle level and so far its going smoothly. You have to pick up some objects using your tounge. And there's (Of course) tons of trigger crates to break with some floating armed TNT.

The frog can jump, stick his tongue out, and that's about it. But he has some interesting features!
1. The frog disregards normal water totally, jumping around just like usual. I have not tested him with walk-in-water.
2. The frog can stick his tongue out up, left, right, up-left, and up-right.
3. Fly Carrots have no effect on froggy.
4. When the frog gets an Airboard, he will constantly play the injured animation, but will behave normally other then that.
5. If the frog hits a float up, he will go steadily up forever until he gets stuck or hits something that morphs him back.
6. The frog treats Vines differently from rabbits. He can not get off of them by pressing down, the only way to extricate himself from a vine is to go off of it horizontally. This doesn't work if the vine is supported on both sides with walls, obviously.
7. When the frog hits a H-Pole, he gets stuck. He seems to go steadily downwards, but keeps reverting to his original height, so that doesn't help. The same applies to V-Poles.
8. No matter what X speed a sucker tube is set to, the frog is only moved horizontally at his normal walking speed. Same with horizontal springs.
9. The frog can destroy Speed Blocks, no matter what speed they are set to, but only by jumping through them from beneath.
10. The frog IS effected by both belts and wind. This may allow him to destroy Speed Blocks in another way, but I have not tested this.
11. If the frog lands on top of a pinball bumper, while holding down Jump, it bounces him higher then it does any of the rabbits. However, his height gained from a pinball flipper is the same as a rabbit.
12. The frog can not go in warps, treating them as normal blank spaces. However, when morphed back to a rabbit, you shall warp to the warp target of the warp the frog most recently passed through.
13. If a Jazz/Spaz morph is destroyed while you are a frog, you do not morph back to Jazz/Spaz. This experiment was conducted with the outside influence of TNT. I don't know if it would work if the frog destroys it himself, using a sugar rush.
14. If the frog is possesive of a shield, it protects him from injury as it does a rabbit. However, he can not shoot the ammo the shield has with it, and his tongue does not hurt enemies.
15. The frog can trigger Text, Trigger Zones, and probably Trigger Rocks, though I have not tested that last one.
16. The frog is not effected by Swinging Vines.
There are probably more. I have not tested him with everything.

Btw, am I the first to discover that the frog can use its tounge in more than 2 directions? (Try holding up, up left/right)

No.

So what do ya'll think of it so far?

It reminds me of something I tried to do once. It didn't turn out too well, but I wish you the best of luck.

Bartman
May 10, 2002, 06:57 AM
But the frog still automatically moves along the sucker tube right? And he can use the Y tubes right?

Edit: Oh and btw, the name of the level is Frog Way Out. It will be more than one level.

Violet CLM
May 10, 2002, 04:28 PM
Yes, he automatically moves along the X sucker tube, and Y sucker tubes work normally.

Krezack
May 15, 2002, 04:25 AM
Sounds cool, best of luck with it. :)

EvilMike
May 16, 2002, 03:26 PM
Frogs can destroy triggercrates with their tounge if they have a sugar rush.

Fawriel
May 21, 2002, 10:51 AM
If anyone cares,Frog can't trig rocks.

Btw.I like that idea!Keep it on!:D

Violet CLM
May 21, 2002, 01:39 PM
Actually, I tested that just now, and the frog can indeed trigger rocks.

Michael
May 22, 2002, 03:57 AM
Looking forward -.-

mirrow
May 30, 2002, 08:19 AM
what a frog can do (once made):
Just some examples (http://www.max-e-mania.de/frogtest.j2l)

Mystical
May 30, 2002, 03:08 PM
I want to learn to create my own events;)