PDA

View Full Version : Jazz 2 Programmers

*Fireball*
May 16, 2002, 09:12 AM
Alright,,

i have a really good idea for a JJ2 add-on program,, not gonna tell you what it is exactly, but it hooks into the jj2 program itself, as XJJ2 and many others do,,

am posting this because i have a teeny problem - i have no idea how to do this, and looking for a little help with it (youll get credit if you help,, dont worry!),, ive got experience using Visual Basic, and a little bit in QBasic,,

if there are any of you peoples that are willing to help me out, it would be much appreciated!! :D

-Fireball FoR

Kaz
May 16, 2002, 01:15 PM
I'd like to help with your problem, I know how jj2 works.

Monolith
May 16, 2002, 07:03 PM
You might want to begin with learning Windows programming ;)

defalcon
May 16, 2002, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by *Fireball*
i have a really good idea for a JJ2 add-on program,, not gonna tell you what it is exactly, but it hooks into the jj2 program itself, as XJJ2 and many others do,
Erm, hm, ask Kaz or Krez or Overlord or Eagle or Link or...

Speaking of JJ2 proggies, Ever! What have you been up to? ;P

Krezack
May 20, 2002, 02:36 PM
Speaking of JJ2 proggies, Ever! What have you been up to? ;P

Shhuuussh!

||Slim
May 20, 2002, 04:21 PM
ever! that jazz2..whatchacallit.. a pre-xjj2 thing. i think it was pre. whatever.. it still ruled. ^-^

Krezack
May 20, 2002, 10:05 PM
He lost his source code to it so he can't change the list server *wahhhhhhh* it was the best one!

defalcon
May 20, 2002, 10:15 PM
XJJ2Spy. I still have it, but...since it doesn't support logicware...*sigh*

Krezack
May 20, 2002, 10:22 PM
No. Jazz2Spy.

Unhit
May 23, 2002, 12:12 AM
Great idea. But addon...this will take months of programming and hard to include, sure not that easy as those small proggies, I think...

Link
May 23, 2002, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by *Fireball*
Alright,,

i have a really good idea for a JJ2 add-on program,, not gonna tell you what it is exactly, but it hooks into the jj2 program itself, as XJJ2 and many others do,,

am posting this because i have a teeny problem - i have no idea how to do this, and looking for a little help with it (youll get credit if you help,, dont worry!),, ive got experience using Visual Basic, and a little bit in QBasic,,

if there are any of you peoples that are willing to help me out, it would be much appreciated!! :D

-Fireball FoR

Well first of all, XJJ2 and other programs don't "hook" into JJ2 themselves. XJJ2 uses winsock controls to get the server list, and put other servers on the server list. It then uses command line options to run JJ2. Other programs just use Windows API's to read and write the memory of JJ2.

But anyways, I would be willing to help you, if you post your problem here.

*Fireball*
May 27, 2002, 08:51 AM
for some reason you people are thinking it's another XJJ2 - it's not,,
Kaz: ive got you on my MSN list, but youre never really online,, if you wanna make up a time for this weekend or something, will try and meet you to tell you about this idea of mine,,
and yah, i am aware that it would take a while to make something like that,,

--==Fireball of FoR==--