PDA

View Full Version : Blisy Boss Help

Matrix
May 19, 2002, 11:58 PM
Hi,

I'm currently creating my first lvl pack with JCS (long story...got Virtual PC...got Windows...got JCS...all in one day!!) and its nearly finished. In the first level of the pack i've got the blisy boss event. Now when I play the level he sometimes warps into the walls making it impossable to shoot him. Is these some event (like AreaID?) to stop him warping into the walls?

JJ2 Version: 1.26 (mac)
JCS Version: 1.00 (PC)

Thankyou,
Matrix

Enigma
May 20, 2002, 03:10 AM
Hmmm, not sure if this will work, but have you tried putting the "Stop enemy" event on the walls?

JanusJackrabbit
May 20, 2002, 06:51 AM
There is a certain range that he warps to back and forth. Change your level to adapt to it.

Haze
May 20, 2002, 07:09 AM
And of course, you can always take a look at the official levels. :)

Violet CLM
May 20, 2002, 02:17 PM
I'd say your best bet is to put Belt Left on the walls to the Right, and Belt Right to the walls on the Left. Like this.

BRÂ(-)Â(-)Â(-)Â(-)Â(-)Â(-)Â(-)Â(-)Â(-)BL
BRÂ(-)Â(-)BilsyÂ(-)BL
-------------

Not sure how well it will turn out, but I guess you can get the idea. It works best if the belts are at a high speed, because otherwise you'll see him sliding off the walls.

Yes, I HAVE tried this, it DOES work.

SteelTalon
May 20, 2002, 02:57 PM
Uh, no. If IRC, he's supposed to warp 5 tiles to the left/right of where you put the event and you can't change it. He's not designed for very small areas.

EvilMike
May 20, 2002, 05:34 PM
Well, unless you want to use that belt left/belt right trick which I don't reccomend (I tried it once and it looked ugly in a way. See for yourself), but the bilsy boss in a the middle of a large room, or in an open area.

Matrix
May 20, 2002, 08:16 PM
Thanks,

I'll try putting him right in the middle or the room he's in (i've got him over to one side)

Thnakyou,
Matrix