PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible...

Unhit
Jun 2, 2002, 11:02 AM
I just bet with a friend that likes Jazz2, but doesn't play it that often (perhaps a few hours a month), that I could beat him 100-0 in battle1 (because of the two carrots etc).
I'm somehow no longer that sure if I could make this...

<b>But now the important question</b>: do you think it actually is possible to beat any Jazzer in a map everyone knows (like battle1) by 100-0? I don't even know if Bobby could beat some TSF freak nobody knows...there are still some lucky shots, aren't there?
On you to decide :p!

mirrow
Jun 2, 2002, 11:23 AM
<strike>Sure i make it daily</strike> I think so. Look, if it is an extreme starter and even doesn't know the right keys and can't move/jump fast throught a lvl it has to be possibe ; )

Skulg
Jun 2, 2002, 11:49 AM
Yeah. I think so too. *nod nod*

Enigma
Jun 2, 2002, 12:05 PM
Yes, it is definitely possible. I've seen noobs on TSF who really need more practice (and i'm being nice by wording it that way). I played against 5 of them at the same time once, and i got 25 roasts easily without getting roasted myself. Considering that i'm not a good player, it is safe to say that the players here who ARE good could crush these newbs 100-0. Easily...

No offence to newbies by the way. We've all been newbies once, and everyone needs practice the first time :)

SoulFirE
Jun 2, 2002, 12:05 PM
Yup, but who's gonna duel that long :)

Unhit
Jun 2, 2002, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by SoulFirE
Yup, but who's gonna duel that long :)

Good question ;P.

Hmm. You're right. It is possible. I just played against two friends that don't even know the seeker warp....:D

WMCoolmon
Jun 3, 2002, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Unhit
<b>But now the important question</b>: do you think it actually is possible to beat any Jazzer in a map everyone knows (like battle1) by 100-0?
Hm, that could be interpreted one of two ways. One, as in every jazzer. Two, as in some jazzer out there. Ah, the oddities of English :D

To answer your question, possibly, but not likely. The only time I could think of how this would be happen would be a battle between an excellent jazzer and a novice who either likes the game a lot, or who can't figure out how to get out of multiplayer ;) Almost anyone else would leave when it became clear that they were just going to lose...

dopeh
Jun 3, 2002, 05:41 AM
lol, nice bet unhit ;)

Yah I think it should be possible..if he's really that bad.. well good luck :P

atesoR
Jun 3, 2002, 12:06 PM
Its possible even with not the worst jazzer against a very good jazzer I think.

JJ BBoy KS
Jun 3, 2002, 03:04 PM
If he/she knows how to play, I'd say it'd be HARD but perhaps possible, if you're really good.....I don't know though, 100/0. That's a lot :)

Cesar
Jun 3, 2002, 06:28 PM
Hmph... fresh meat :D

defalcon
Jun 3, 2002, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Enigma
Yes, it is definitely possible. I've seen noobs on TSF who really need more practice (and i'm being nice by wording it that way). I played against 5 of them at the same time once, and i got 25 roasts easily without getting roasted myself. Considering that i'm not a good player, it is safe to say that the players here who ARE good could crush these newbs 100-0. Easily...

No offence to newbies by the way. We've all been newbies once, and everyone needs practice the first time :)
Lots of newer players on TSF, they still host hotels. *shudder*
Well, me and Boggy B used to school alot of people on hells angels without being touched. ;)

Unhit
Jun 3, 2002, 11:48 PM
AH! HOTELS! PLEASE JUST SHUT UP :P!

Stijn
Jun 4, 2002, 04:48 AM
Ofcourse it's possible! Duh!

Rage
Jun 4, 2002, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by Fl@$h
Ofcourse it's possible! Duh!

agreed.

Unhit
Jun 4, 2002, 06:48 AM
Lol another Obi-Wan :p...this test needs mor characters...;)

Michael
Jun 7, 2002, 11:01 AM
I know I could own a newb but am rusty so it not skill owning newbs. Prolly loose 100-30 against a skilled player :P dunno am good.. lags mean.. in localplay I maybe would win.. argh! limee alone :P

Unhit
Jun 7, 2002, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Nitro
I know I could own a newb but am rusty so it not skill owning newbs. Prolly loose 100-30 against a skilled player :P dunno am good.. lags mean.. in localplay I maybe would win.. argh! limee alone :P

*walks away* ;)

$tilettø
Jun 7, 2002, 11:31 AM
you can never win with 100-0
not even with 50-0
my best score is 30-0
battle1

Unhit
Jun 7, 2002, 11:34 AM
Against who? And who says you that if you can't, others can't too?

$tilettø
Jun 7, 2002, 12:25 PM
think logical you always have some lag carrots wont appear after a while he always can get a lucky shot
the difference in players aint that big

Unhit
Jun 8, 2002, 12:52 AM
If both players have DSL and more...

And there are big differences between experienced 1.23 players and TSF ones. Very big differences.

DarkShadow
Jun 8, 2002, 05:34 AM
originally posted by defalcon
Lots of newer players on TSF, they still host hotels. *shudder*
I agree, they can be 10 years old and if they always host hotels they will be just as good as when they started...

AHHHH, and now Disguise has a contest for best hotel.....
Check that thread for my wacky opinion ;)

And for on subject I think it would be very easy. If you stay fairly away from a rabbit and just let bouncers/seekers get close you can do it easy.
I can beat some newbs without even getting hit once... They just come "crashing" at you you shoot five bouncers jump into the warp.......

DS

defalcon
Jun 8, 2002, 06:37 AM
Darn right, this one time, I was playing these new players, and they accused me of CHEATING and tried to bad-mouth me in other servers! :p

Unhit
Jun 8, 2002, 06:41 AM
Lol, that's still the same. They can't accept someone's better than they are. The most funny thing is still a rook that says nobody could beat him :)...
Well, my Padawan ;), go out and kick their asses now ;D!

defalcon
Jun 8, 2002, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by Unhit
Lol, that's still the same. They can't accept someone's better than they are. The most funny thing is still a rook that says nobody could beat him :)...
Well, my Padawan ;), go out and kick their asses now ;D!
Heheh, yeah, true I guess.
Master, I need your ICQ/MSN. :p

Unhit
Jun 8, 2002, 09:05 AM
Sure, you're learning fast what you need, my Padawan ;):
my ICQ is 121041223, I don't have MSN.

ShanD
Jun 8, 2002, 11:45 AM
I know how you could gaurntee a win. Move the spot of the seeker warp. And throw some carrots behind some layer 5. ;)

Unhit
Jun 8, 2002, 11:41 PM
Yay great idea ;)!

Distruct
Jun 9, 2002, 02:18 AM
I know how you could gaurntee a win. Move the spot of the seeker warp. And throw some carrots behind some layer 5.

That would give you creator's advantage and many people can be experts like that in a level they know...so, that would guarantee a win indeed, but there is no skill involved. That is what this is about isn't it?

Besides, beating a n00b 100/0 is not good (usually) because:

1.) No one likes a show-off :D
2.) That n00b could be someone with the skill of Agama or Dethamn and they haven't yet reach their full potential, and then they leave JJ2 for getting WHIPPED like a bowl of cream and there the JJ2 Community loses someone who could be VERY important...

Just some things to think about ;)

Unhit
Jun 9, 2002, 05:49 AM
I don't think a n00b would leave just because of losing 0-100...if so, it's his own fault :D!

defalcon
Jun 9, 2002, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by Distruct

That would give you creator's advantage and many people can be experts like that in a level they know...so, that would guarantee a win indeed, but there is no skill involved. That is what this is about isn't it?

Besides, beating a n00b 100/0 is not good (usually) because:

1.) No one likes a show-off :D
2.) That n00b could be someone with the skill of Agama or Dethamn and they haven't yet reach their full potential, and then they leave JJ2 for getting WHIPPED like a bowl of cream and there the JJ2 Community loses someone who could be VERY important...

Just some things to think about ;)
Erm...I dunno how good Agama is at JJ2 so...:p
And if they leave just cause they get whipped, they're prolly nothing to get excited about. :p

Distruct
Jun 9, 2002, 08:16 AM
Well, even if Agama can't navigate Jazz or Spaz or even Lori for that matter, isn't JCS a big part of JJ2? :roll: Tell me if JJ2 would be NEARLY as big (even though it is quite small) if there was no JCS. :roll:

As for your second comment, about leaving after getting whipped...how often is it said "go easy on him/her, cos they new"? Jazz is also very appealing to the young (and young at heart) and some young people can't handle massive defeat...even 20/10 might be hectic...

But I do see what you are saying, so don't get me wrong.

BTW...I see you didn't have a comment for the show-off part ;) ;) ;) .

defalcon
Jun 9, 2002, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Distruct
Well, even if Agama can't navigate Jazz or Spaz or even Lori for that matter, isn't JCS a big part of JJ2? :roll: Tell me if JJ2 would be NEARLY as big (even though it is quite small) if there was no JCS. :roll:

As for your second comment, about leaving after getting whipped...how often is it said "go easy on him/her, cos they new"? Jazz is also very appealing to the young (and young at heart) and some young people can't handle massive defeat...even 20/10 might be hectic...

But I do see what you are saying, so don't get me wrong.

BTW...I see you didn't have a comment for the show-off part ;) ;) ;) .
Well, he's asking about a BATTLE. So JCS doesn't count here. :rolleyes:
Yes, go easy on him/her cos they're new is said often. But still, getting that upset over losing in a game that you stop playing...quite frankly, is sorta stupid.
And as for the showoff part, you're right: nobody likes a showoff. But people do it anyway, on purpose or not. :p

Distruct
Jun 9, 2002, 12:01 PM
Well, saying that battle is separate to JCS has lots of truth, but consider this...

If a person doesn't want to do athletics...does he not want to run, or do long jump, high jump, javelin? JJ2 is a package and without JCS, battle becomes almost nothing... (gah for spelling and typos)

I personally prefer the demo CTF to the JJ2 Epic battle levels...so tell me...is one battle game worth tons of battle levels?

This thread has gone off topic mainly because of my orginal post. Sorry about that :( .

But I bet, at least 50% of people who read this can see the truth in it and that it is a serious thing to consider.

Disguise
Jun 9, 2002, 12:49 PM
It should be fairly easy to win 100-0 in JJ2.

The way the whole engine works and stuff, it's more of a hit/miss battle, whoever hits first gets the point and has no damage doen to himself. The only question is if you would actually play your best for a total of 100 roasts, i'd get so bored in the end ill try kill ppl with all sortsa stupid ways like no ammo, or freeze them and stand right in frotn of them before you're allowed to shoot. Hhehehe, it's pretty fun to do sometimes, but you totally suck ofcourse ;)

Super Saiyan
Jun 16, 2002, 03:15 AM
Actually it really isnt possible to win 100-0. It can, but sooner or later you get bored and make mistakes and try to have fun, you dont watch your hearts or whatever, in the meantime that n00b can roast you. Or maybe (s)he is camping somewhere and your the victim. Anyway y'all get what I mean.

Unhit
Jun 16, 2002, 06:24 AM
Yes, Disguise and SSJ, you are right. This could become a big problem: getting bored. You suddenly start to collect fastfire and try everything but not killing your enemy with seekers/bouncys...

4I Falcon
Jun 16, 2002, 08:01 AM
Three words: HIT AND RUN. This tactic has kept me alive a lot longer than just staying and shooting madly would have, considering that once you're hit, you can't hit anyone else for a short period of time, and as soon as you're not invincible anymore, you can be hit again, putting you in a state where you can't hit anyone. :(

Adjoining to the previous tactic: DO NOT CHASE. At any second during when you are chasing your opponent, he might just turn around and blast you right in the face, or jump over you and shot you from behind. Actually, come to think of it, these might be good ideas of you are the one being chased. ;)

Another good tactic is DODGE EVERYTHING. Keep moving in an erratic pattern and, soon enough, your enemy will lose track of where you are. (This is where the Caps Lock button comes in handy.) Then find your way to being behind him, and blast to your heart's content. :D

Lastly, make sure you know a little quirk in the level that the other person doesn't, such as that seeker powerup warp. It might lead to, indeed, a powerup, and powerups are always good. Unless your opponent has them. :eek:

Hotel levels are evil. :lol:

Unhit
Jun 17, 2002, 06:17 AM
You forgot to mention to take care of campers. Evil headshots ;P.

Stijn
Jun 17, 2002, 06:23 AM
If you consider how little we know about Agama... Just his/her real name and country plus interests :)

Anyway, when chatting while playing... It will be less boring :)

Stijn
Jun 17, 2002, 06:24 AM
*claims page 2*

HAH

White Rabbit
Jun 17, 2002, 08:34 AM
Of course it's possible! Go kick that n00b, Unhit!! :D
Btw, I've had a CTF match, and was outnumbered 4-1 and still won 15-0!!!

Derby: Content edit.

White Rabbit
Jun 17, 2002, 08:42 AM
Oh man! (-) was censored. :(

Derby: Filter bypass edit. This is absolutely intolerable. Read the JCF terms of agreement before posting.

White Rabbit
Jun 17, 2002, 08:44 AM
Btw, my best duel score was 12-0. My best public was 54-13. :D

Unhit
Jun 17, 2002, 11:14 AM
Was the duel limited till 12 or did you get roasted then?

White Rabbit
Jun 18, 2002, 06:53 AM
No, I was bored and left. :p
Btw, sry Derby. :p

Unhit
Jun 18, 2002, 07:34 AM
Really? Weird :p...

White Rabbit
Jun 18, 2002, 07:46 AM
I know this is off-topic, but GET ON ICQ, UNHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

$tilettø
Jun 18, 2002, 07:52 AM
Hmm i think il try it out Against a N00b Unhit want to duel?:P j/k

i think it is possible to make it to 50 Without Lagg

Unhit
Jun 18, 2002, 08:12 AM
Stiletto, better don't say that again. I bet I'll beat you.

Sorry for the *lil'* flamewar admins...

$tilettø
Jun 18, 2002, 08:43 AM
hehe we can always try it cant we when do you have time?

i know your connection is better as mine but that doesnt matter
and keep it friendly :lol: