PDA

View Full Version : Geforce2 and Jazz2 incompatibility?

Feline
Jun 7, 2002, 06:18 AM
I recently bought a Xtasy Geforce2 MX 200 video card. After installing the card like the online manual said, I tried to run various games to see how fast and nice they look. It turns out that a few games don't work, epsecially DirectDraw based programs. My current version of Directx is 8.0. When I try to run jazz2, the screen goes black and fills the screen like normal. But the graphics don't load, the computer locks up. The only way left to restart the computer is by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del two times in a row or pressing the reset button (of course I could simply just shut off the machine :). Any clue as to why this is happening? Jazz2 used to work with Directx 8.0, but only on my old ATI Rage 8 meg card.

PC STATS:
1.4 Ghertz Athalon
256 Megs DDR memory
Windows 98 first edition
Ensoniqe Audio PCI sound card
Xtasy Geforce2 MX 200 PCI (32 megs) video card
32x speed cd-rom
And, of couse, a montior, power supply, speakers, motherboard, and so on. :)

$tilettø
Jun 7, 2002, 07:00 AM
hmm i have a Geforce 2 MX 200 32 mb and it works fine maybe you have to update your Drivers of the card

or Update DirextX that will help i think

Link
Jun 7, 2002, 07:23 AM
Does it run properly in windowed mode?

And yes, you should update the drivers of the actual video card.

Distruct
Jun 9, 2002, 01:32 AM
I have a different problem, but I also have a GeForce 2 MX 200 (see post by Disguise).

What I recommend you should do is firstly update your OS at least to second edition of Win98, which really kicks down on the first edition (from the experience I had with both). Then visit http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=drivers and download the drivers for your OS. There are a list of OS's at the bottom. The latest drivers (at the time of this post) are the Detonator drivers version 28.32 and they are 8.1mb for Win98 (27min at 5.0 kb/s).

If your Jazz still doesn't work, then we can sue nVidia together ;)

$tilettø
Jun 9, 2002, 04:06 AM
hmmm detonater XP drivers

i want to update my Drivers..

how do i know what make it is
i dont see any detonater or sumtin

Distruct
Jun 9, 2002, 05:35 AM
Detonator are the drivers made by nVidia for ALL nVidia chipsets (TNT to GF4)...so it should be the right ones...I haven't found any others yet...

Unhit
Jun 9, 2002, 06:52 AM
Can their be problems with a graphic card that especially is for 3D graphics???

Distruct
Jun 9, 2002, 08:25 AM
I never thought of that, but the GeForce 3 doesn't give problems...just ask Disguise...

Feline
Jun 9, 2002, 06:27 PM
Thanx guys. The drivers just needed to be updated. As for people who don't know how to update them, the Detonator Driver is good for all Nvidia video cards.

Unhit
Jun 10, 2002, 06:47 AM
Ah the drivers...:P