PDA

View Full Version : Internet play? Not for me *sob*

JelZe GoldRabbit
Jun 13, 2002, 12:54 PM
Yes, I have been away for a long time, sue me. But it's all because of a (tiny) problem...

My parents have connected the two computers in a network, first via I-Share, but now with a router, which is bugged. Why? Well for starters, I can't play Jazz 2 on the net. Yes, I can see the servers and enter them, but when I've entered them, after a minute or 2, I get an error message, saying "No response". Talk about weird...

JZBlue
Jun 13, 2002, 05:47 PM
Routers are evil, take a hammer to it.

defalcon
Jun 14, 2002, 12:40 AM
Liiiiiink, Kreeeezzaaaacccckkk, get over here! They can help ya JelZe

JelZe GoldRabbit
Jun 22, 2002, 09:10 AM
Some help I'm getting here

Fawriel
Jul 17, 2002, 06:40 AM
Helloho!
I have the same problem so GETTOVERHERERIGHTNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

Alister
Jul 17, 2002, 12:24 PM
You need to configure your router to forward ports in the 10050-10060 region to your machine. True, these are the list server ports, but it makes it work.
It remains unreliable (for me at least), but it also helped to forward ports 1000-1500. Again, I can't explain it.
Furthermore, if you're running it under Linux, good luck. If you succeed, tell me how!

Link
Jul 17, 2002, 12:38 PM
You only need to forward ports 10052-10054 to play JJ2.

Usually to get to the router configuration, you go to a web address, such as http://192.168.1.1.

But it isn't the same for all routers, so I would recommend reading the router manual to find out how to do it.

Disastorm
Jul 26, 2002, 10:03 AM
i have the same problem and i still cant get it to work, my port configurations also has something about the hosts port, what should i put for that (its default at whatever port im forwarding)

Link
Aug 4, 2002, 06:54 AM
What is your setup? A home network? A software firewall?

Maybe give a screenshot of your configuration screen.

GoldR@BBit
Nov 15, 2002, 06:30 AM
Same here btw.. (Heyzz, I didn't know that there was allready a Goldrabbit..)

Chiyu
Nov 17, 2002, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by GoldR@BBit
Same here btw.. (Heyzz, I didn't know that there was allready a Goldrabbit..)

You're the real one ;-P

Trafton
Nov 17, 2002, 09:24 AM
JelZe has actually been around forever. Both of you are quite real, however. ;-P

Anyway...as the pervious posters said, you need to forward the ports. Routers do not mix well with rabbits.

GoldR@BBit
Nov 17, 2002, 10:07 AM
Thnxx CB.
=p :P ;-p

JelZe GoldRabbit
Nov 18, 2002, 11:08 AM
Ok, well, you need to tell me where to find those ports first :)

Krezack
Nov 25, 2002, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by JelZe GoldRabbit
Ok, well, you need to tell me where to find those ports first :)

Everyone has different router software. Can you start your router software and take a look at it for us? If you tell us what different tabs it has, we can probably help you by slowly narrowing it down. Of course, Link would probably know what software you use and could help you straight away.

Link
Nov 25, 2002, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by Krezack
Of course, Link would probably know what software you use and could help you straight away.

Actually, no (:p), but I've had experience with different kinds of routers, and know that most all of them have a feature to forward or open ports. In my old router it was simply called "Port Forwarding", but in my new one it is called "Virtual Server" underneath the section "NAT" (Network Address Translation).