PDA

View Full Version : BEHOLD! Another uberSeZay wildie drawing!

Wild Angel
Jun 21, 2002, 07:51 PM
*crackles evily* YES! I plan to take over the art forum with my evil, demented, ubersezay anime!

Miiko again, except her full face. I'm STILL not pleased with it and I worked an hour on trying to get her eyes right, but I swear she looks stoned. x.x

http://www.side7.com/cgi-bin/S7SDB/DisplayImg.pl?INO=161528

`Wildie

Noah
Jun 22, 2002, 11:39 AM
No she doesn't...At all. If anything she looks like a heroin addict in need of a fix, and the lack of detail burns the eyes. Maybe my standards are too high..But to continue.. The neck is at an odd angle, seems slightly too long and a tad too stressed, her breasts look like bottom-heavy watter balloons, eyes aren't the same size--Close though. Chin is too wide and slanted, and it doesn't look like anime..At all.

Have a nice day,
Noah

Wild Angel
Jun 22, 2002, 06:08 PM
Okay then, why don't you draw something and post it then?

Noah
Jun 22, 2002, 08:07 PM
When you posted that drawing here you stepped onto the battlefield to be chopped away at by the bullets of criticism. Don't whine when it isn't "Oh. Nice drawing *moves on to next*", or whatever you had hoped for. On another note, I refuse to repeat myself, so I won't be posting a reply in the other thread where you said the _exact_ _(-)_ _thing_. *cough*

-Noah

Derby: Content edit.

Wild Angel
Jun 22, 2002, 08:09 PM
You could've atleast pmed me.

Noah
Jun 23, 2002, 08:48 AM
That's what this forum is for is it not? And Derby, that edit wasn't needed, the filter got it-- Or do the stars bother you so?

VelKa
Jun 23, 2002, 09:20 AM
I think we are all taking ourselves too seriously here. I will again suggest that we calm down. The art forum is not a place to flame people. As I said already, constructive critisism (sp?) is all right, but flaming is not. If you are going to complain about one person's artwork, please complain about everyone's artwork. Singling out someone because you don't like him/her is wrong.

Noah: If you knew it was going to be censored, why did you use the word?

GuMmYBeAr!
Jun 23, 2002, 09:29 AM
I do not blame what Noah is doing. Criticism is in my very honest opinion not something to blame. He isn't complaining about Wild's art, he's just.. being critic. That's something everyone will eventually face in the future. I have faced it many times-- criticism will help you ameliorate your art. Our world isn't made of little happy bubbly actions and background such as we have here in the JCF. Posting your Art into this forum means getting nice and bad reactions-- for everyone's opinions are different. It doesn't mean that you will automatically gain joyful reactions from the public. He is being _honest_. Honesty is better than being lied to. The truth can often be rough, but it's still there. And I prefer a rough world to a lie-filled world.

Art is viewed differently by everyone's eye. But... *nudges Noah's side with her elbow* Ease it down slightly, boy. I don't want you banned for such a foolish thing.

GuMmYBeAr!
Jun 23, 2002, 09:47 AM
My 'attempts to draw' get criticized alot and I don't mind. Strange thing is-- it disturbs me when people lie about their opinion onto it. I know they feel like it's not right, because I can feel it when they talk to me. Everyone's art has its good and its bad sides. And Wild's getting her art criticized because she is (pardon the term) "spamming" this forum with her art. Spamming is not quite the right term though-- the forum's newest posts are just from her. That's better. Anyway, the criticism is slightly more directed to her because the newest pictures are from her. I don't see the need to critic pictures that were posted a long time ago. But that's just me.

JJ BBoy KS
Jun 23, 2002, 08:25 PM
I think pointing out some things like noah did is fine...But this forum isn't really a battlefield to chop away at pictures with bullets of criticism. It's simply a "forum for the artists" (as it says in the description) It's fine to point out things that you think need work in the picture or something....(but try not to be too blunt. You don't want to hurt people's feelings, or start any fights.)

Shorty
Jun 24, 2002, 05:24 PM
Ya know what Wildie? Forget about him.

You said yourself it wasn't the best you have drawn, so what can you do? Only practice and get better, correct your own mistakes. Don't let certain people get ya down because they make you feel you can't do it, because you can draw.

And I would say more but, god forbid, I say what is on my mind right now...you know what I mean Velk. Tis not the time yet, but eventually will happen, we both know it.

JJ BBoy KS
Jun 24, 2002, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Shorty
And I would say more but, god forbid, I say what is on my mind right now...you know what I mean Velk. Tis not the time yet, but eventually will happen, we both know it.

Uhhh....okay whatever. :)

Lama
Jun 25, 2002, 08:35 PM
On 'Criticism:'

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. If I don't have anything good to say about art, I refrain from commenting (I am not suggesting that everybody do this). For example, since I like Genevieve and Alexandria's face and voice, I comment on how pretty they look and since I don't like some of the others' pictures or voices, I don't say anything at all (as opposed to saying they're ugly, horribly disfigured, or need surgery to make their face acceptable).

If you want to criticize, fine, I have nothing against that but please do it in a constructive and tactful manner. Criticism is <b>not</b> disallowed on this bored (or Noah's criticisms would have been entirely edited out \ deleted by mods and admins) <i>but</i> it doesn't need to be destructive and tactless just to get your point across*.

-------------------------------

*I am NOT saying Noah is destructive and tactless because he isn't like that.

Batty Buddy
Jun 25, 2002, 10:05 PM
Que Passa!!!!

Critisism can only matter if you choose to let it matter... I mean, I've had some of my ideas and drawings hacked apart in class by people whos only artistic talents were to trace pics from Marvel Comics- but I kept doing what I do because I like it. Every once and a while I get tired of drawing something one way, and end up drawing it another way(For example, I never was any good with feet and toes, so now I just don't draw toes.). I get alot of good critisism from freinds and family(Mostly my mom and grandma, but on occation, my cousins.) but even they don't have the final say in what goes down on paper.
In short, Wildie, YOU are your best critic. You can let Noahs words give you a thought on how to improve you work, or you can ignore them all together and just figure out how to make it more appealing to yourself on your own- but on the whole, remember that he IS just one guy. And he isn't even one guy you have to look at on a daily basis- he's one guy who's sole interaction with you is a set of words on a computer screen.
Either way, good luck.

Lama
Jul 2, 2002, 08:18 PM
It takes talent to misspell a word that has been extensively used here.

Trafton AT
Jul 2, 2002, 08:31 PM
Strange but good.