PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Jazz2, Please

mommycc
May 4, 2001, 07:55 PM
Please, I am a relative newcomer to pc's, trying to load this game for my son on a win98 pc. Initially I got the error message, and followed the instructions I got off the offical web page, to make a directory on the harddrive and copy the files there, and then install.

So far so good. However...

The game starts, we watch about a two minute demo, and when we try to choose anything from the main menu, nothing. Eventually the game quits and we get the credits. I have watched this demo about 200 times, and am ready to start binging off the walls myself, and my son is now looking for a new mom.

Has anyone else heard of this, am I just brain dead, is there a secret to actually starting the Jazz2 game? Please help.

Julie

Aiko
May 5, 2001, 02:26 AM
oh boy, i wish i could help here. sounds heart rending!

Monolith
May 5, 2001, 06:46 AM
I've never heard of this sort of problem before.

My only guess is that the input devices are acting with the game (keyboard, gamepad,..). The only reason I can think of this not working is that there is something wrong with DirectX. You might want to download the latest version of DirectX from <A HREF= "http://www.microsoft.com/directx/" TARGET="new">www.microsoft.com/directx/</A> and install that.

I am assuming that you keyboard and other contollers are working fine otherwise...

Kaz
May 5, 2001, 07:41 AM
Maybe the site was easily hacked =P, I doubt Epic would care about that.

Anyway... hmm... ah! Most likely you have a gravis gamepad or some other device. Disable it in the control panel or something, or try recalibrating it or set the back switch around a bit.

Kaz
May 5, 2001, 07:41 AM
Maybe the site was easily hacked =P, I doubt Epic would care about that.

Anyway... hmm... ah! Most likely you have a gravis gamepad pro. Disable it in the control panel or something, or try recalibrating it or set the back switch on the gamepad around a bit.

Defective little buggies aren't they

`~Shattered_Halo~`
May 5, 2001, 09:44 AM
Yeah, I agree with this...I've had similar problems in the past before, only for Windows 98'...

mommycc
May 5, 2001, 02:17 PM
Thanks everyone so much, we do have a gravis on that pc, I had actually forgot about it, as we don't use it. Installed this from a CD we purchased, so I think I will try de-installing the gamepad, and jazz2 and starting from scratch.

If you knew how long I have been searching for this type of help, you could understand how much help you have been.

With the Godgames site(which was listed in the docs as the place to go for support) in mourning now, I was not sure we would ever find a solution.

I will keep you informed of how I do, thank you so much again for taking the time to assist a newcomer.

Julie

Kaz
May 5, 2001, 09:15 PM
Thank you for coming to our community =D.

Instead of that... Set the gamepad to emulation mode 1 and calibrate it. That should fix everything? I'm not sure, it's ethier the back switch or it's the gamepad itself/driver... mine won't work well ethier, start button is stuck. <STRIKE>Funny how it blew up 1 day after the warranty expired</STRIKE>

Newspaz
May 6, 2001, 01:07 AM
Mmm never knew about that bug Kazooie...

Alberto
May 6, 2001, 03:17 AM
Welcome to the community

That problem was weird..

Kaz
May 6, 2001, 05:21 AM
erm, I can't edit my posts?

Anyway remember to set it to gravis gamepad (NOT PRO) if you want to use it in jazz (which is a real spoiler becuase you get auto fire).

yeah...