PDA

View Full Version : Best 'macro' program? (for Jazz2)

Cesar
May 5, 2001, 10:15 PM
I enjoy binding keys in Unreal/UT, Quake...

Especially those automatic voice sayings in Unreal Tournament.

I wish to do the same for Jazz Jackrabbit 2 when I play it over the Internet.

Anyone know/used a program that do things automatically? by pressing Ctrl, 'whatever key'?

In the mean while, I'm searching for macro programs and will post here to say which is the best.

CannibalBob
May 6, 2001, 11:53 AM
Nope, I don't know of any macro programs for Jazz2. That would be sweet if you could use voice things like in UT and Duke3D (RTS) with Jazz2

Newspaz
May 6, 2001, 12:43 PM
Look on tucows...

Monolith
May 6, 2001, 12:50 PM
Unfortunatly, JJ2 does not support user modifications.

Bobby aka Dizzy
May 6, 2001, 02:58 PM
Although you can make your own macro files, or those little preview files that show up if you don't do stuff for a while if you want.

Cesar
May 8, 2001, 11:42 PM
Well, I tested out 3 macro programs and came up with the results.

Other two doesn't try but,

"EZ Macros 5.0" (from American Systems) seems to be easy enough.

You can download this here. (http://www.americansys.com/ezmacros.htm?From=Main)

I just with it wasn't a trial version.

All I have to do is click "add",

select "Remember mouse and keyboard events",

select "Press a Hot Key to launch the macro",

assign a hot key and select "This macro works with any program" (must),

on the next window, slide the playback speed bar to 'fast', click on the "Create/Edit" button and type in the window "This is only a test" (no 't' or 'enter' marks),

click "ok", "next" then name the macro.

If you did this right, click on the "Activate Hot Keys & Hide" button, then go to Jazz2 (multiplayer),

press 't' and press the assign macros (I would use keys 'F1'-'F8", then press enter to send the message.

The only problem is, if I press enter too soon before the typing macro finished, the "Chat:" appears again. So once you let the macro finish, press enter and RUN!!!!!

This way, I can say stuff like...

"The base is under attack!"

"Somebody get our flag back!"

"I'll attack their base."

"Target eliminated."

Join Jazz2 servers and find me using this if you want http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ElectroPiZZa
May 10, 2001, 06:52 PM
Well, I don't know of any program, but it is probably possible to have some sort of macro program that looks for some special keystrokes and automatically presses "T" and then the desired message. However, there could be a few problems with this:

1) The keystrokes can't involve any of the set keys for Jazz 2 gameplay, i.e., SPACE, Ctrl, Shift, etc. It is possible that it could do the same thing twice, however.

2) If you were already in the middle of typing a message, and tried the keystroke, it will add a "t" to the message and the desired message itself. This could lead to a great deal of insanity.

3) Macros may be blocked by some third-party device that controls the keyboard such as DirectX or any such thing. This may not allow messages to be typed in, although I'm not really sure of that.

4) Macros need to be fed a lot of cheese. If you don't feed Macros cheese twice a day, they don't work.

So, all in all, it might be possible, but it wouldn't work 100% either.

Roaster
May 14, 2001, 04:18 AM
Yeah, when me and MetalWarrior were making the Spazbot, the entire thing was done by sending keystrokes to the memory and then hoping the bot (Player 2 in split-screen) would respond correctly.

That sucked so much :\, it just STOPPED.