PDA

View Full Version : Theme Creation

SteelTalon
Jun 29, 2002, 01:11 PM
Yes, I know it has been talked about before but the directions on how to go about making a theme are very vague. Somebody please clearly tell me all color parameters I need to supply, which images I need to supply and whether or not a test page is required. Thanks.

FQuist
Jun 30, 2002, 05:32 AM
Page Background Color

Table Border Color

Category Strip Background Color(The categories on the main page)

Category Strip Font Color

Table Heading Background Color

Table Heading Text Color

First Alternating Table Background Color
(These two 'alternating' colors are used alternately in long lists so that one row can easily be told from the next, like on the thread list. This determines most table's colors, except for the categories and the headers(titles))

Second Alternating Table Background Color

Link Color

Hover Color for Links

Time Color
(This color is used for the time field on the main forum summary page and the forum pages)

The images:

New reply
New reply - topic locked(like a new reply image but indicating you can't push it because the topic has been locked)
Logo
Background(not necesarry, otherwise provide bg color. If the bg doesn't match with the logo background because of browser problems you might want to use a one-pixel background image of that color)

You don't need to submit a text page, we can just test it here. I'd make one myself though, for the testing.

SteelTalon
Jun 30, 2002, 11:56 AM
Thanks. Oh, and do the images have to be pixel for pixel the same size as the current logo/reply etc. images, or just close?

[EDIT: Nevermind, I thought there was a standard.]

Hmm, one more thing... who do I send this to? =P

Stijn
Jul 12, 2002, 02:00 AM
To Nebula, I guess. FQuist is on vacation :D

Bobby aka Dizzy
Jul 12, 2002, 06:36 AM
I think they are coming back soon, but they are both on vacation right now I think. You could send it to me if you really wanted.

FQuist
Jul 15, 2002, 03:21 AM
You could send it to FQuist@jazz2online.com, now I am back.