PDA

View Full Version : New Idea for getting Epic to make JJ3

BlazinDragon
Jul 5, 2002, 05:33 AM
A while ago when i first got JJ2 i was missing JJ1 so i phoned up gathering of Developers for the CD. What im thinking of is we all write a email or phone and tell them all the people that are for it and that we want JJ3!

The mail is: Gathering of Developers

Attn: Tech support
P.O. Box 565032
Dallas, TX 75356

Their phone # is: (214) 202-1202
9 a.m. to 9 p.m. central
Monday through Friday

Email: support@godgames.com

Now when i asked for it about 2-3 years ago they were still there. maybe we could tell them how much we want JJ3 and maybe they will listen. Maybe we wont need to make it ourselves!

What do you think?

Fighter II
Jul 5, 2002, 10:50 AM
:):):):)!!!!!! YEAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Call them for it!!!!!!!!! Yummy source code. Yummy!

Fawriel
Jul 5, 2002, 10:58 AM
Don't you think someone did already?
Or was this too easy to think of?
Well,
GO JAZZ JACKRABBIT 3!!!!!!
That's all I say!:D

||Slim
Jul 5, 2002, 12:26 PM
send a letter. with money. lots of it.

Newspaz
Jul 5, 2002, 01:44 PM
Won't work. Godgames is bankrupt by the way.

BlazinDragon
Jul 5, 2002, 04:40 PM
(now someone tells meh!) GEESH!

>>Møønßlãzé<<
Jul 6, 2002, 01:29 AM
A demo is out, but it's ilegall.

BlazinDragon
Jul 6, 2002, 04:01 AM
If the demo is our maybe we can get someone with experience with soue=rce code to code it and continue it. And why did the developers quit JJ3. just bcuz it had too many bugs (Like jj2) why stop JJ3?:confused:

||Slim
Jul 6, 2002, 04:38 AM
Do people actually read the threads in here?

Cpp
Jul 6, 2002, 10:56 AM
Ya know maybe Epic will make JJ3 after all...
when they get bored with Unreal this, Unreal that but I doubt it.

BlazinDragon
Jul 6, 2002, 10:59 AM
yeah, if the JJ2 servers are still up they should see how many people are playing on JJ2! MAYBE they could actually make JJ3!!

:D

Trafton AT
Jul 6, 2002, 12:22 PM
Gathering of Developers Corp. of Dallas, Texas filed for bankrupcy on August 10th, 2001. The developer, which was owned by the equally bankrupt Take Two Interactive, owed millions of dollars. According to the BBB (http://www.bbb.org/), the game publisher had an unsatisfactory record for issues involving funds. In other words, GoD was heavily in debt. Despite several blockbuster games, GoD officially announces it's retreat from the market. All current liscences are up in the air. GoD will try to refund customers for the fees, but under chapter 11 bankrupcy protection, the company will only give money to those it owes most to first. This leaves most gamers high and dry.

I thought I would contribute that.

Alberto
Jul 6, 2002, 04:36 PM
Stop of dreaming, sorry to take illusions off.

GodGames is in bankrupt as Newspaz says, true, there is a beta demo and yes, the source can be extracted of it because it's Unreal engine, just Unreal Scripting which is similar to C.

But even if we had the knowledges to continue, we couldn't, since World Tree Games has to allow that, meanwhile, it would be fine if World Tree Games could release the demo, even if incomplete, so all the ppl here would see it.
I mailed Jason Emery once the last year and he said that the team wasn't supposed to give it out.

For now you can get my soundtrack that can be found in my signature if you want something from Jazz Jackrabbit 3 since I got all the songs of the game.

KRSplat
Jul 6, 2002, 06:23 PM
That's a good thing, from my point of veiw. We give them a few million dollars (about 500 million) and then they're in business. ;)

defalcon
Jul 6, 2002, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by KILLERRABBIT(ICEDKILLER)
If the demo is our maybe we can get someone with experience with soue=rce code to code it and continue it. And why did the developers quit JJ3. just bcuz it had too many bugs (Like jj2) why stop JJ3?:confused:
Dude, where the heck have you been?
http://www.jazz2online.com/~j3f/

Alister
Jul 7, 2002, 03:19 AM
In case anyones interested, there's a bunch of Take 2 / GOD games going ch€ap in a local supermarket.
They're all €5 - which is cheap for today.

BlazinDragon
Jul 7, 2002, 05:45 AM
Defrost- i wasnt on for a long time bcuz i had school and i wasnt allowed on the computer for studies (worries about High School in 2 months) and i wasnt really "up to date" with JJ3. Sorry
:p

BlazinDragon
Jul 7, 2002, 05:46 AM
error- not defrost.. Defalcon

>>Møønßlãzé<<
Jul 7, 2002, 06:03 AM
If JJ3 dosen't come out, we could still make a list server for the demo and play in that.

$tilettø
Jul 7, 2002, 06:12 AM
yeah, if the JJ2 servers are still up they should see how many people are playing on JJ2! MAYBE they could actually make JJ3!!

:D
ever checked the Unreal and Jazz servers?

lol

Violet CLM
Jul 7, 2002, 01:47 PM
Yes.. 16 people playing on a good day.

BlazinDragon
Jul 7, 2002, 06:14 PM
so how are we going to turn the 1.23 list server into the JJ3 list server? Wont that mean we will just be playing JJ3 internet? IF the game even has internet play. And what about the levels? The JCS what will happen to all of that stuff?

$tilettø
Jul 7, 2002, 10:50 PM
lol why would we even think about that

they first have to finish jj3 and release it

since they will never finish it and never release it
FORGET IT

Stop Dreaming

Stijn
Jul 8, 2002, 01:12 AM
You meanie. NEVER destroy dreams.

500 million dollars would be fine :P

BlazinDragon
Jul 8, 2002, 05:18 AM
:p where are we going to get 500 million dollars? But Fl@sh is right, NEVER destroy dreams :)

Fawriel
Jul 8, 2002, 06:47 AM
Doesn't that Jazz3 site Defalcon gave said that another firm was interested??
It's a small hope,but a hope!:)

Darn...I felt so sad when reading that page!*sigh*:(

Alberto
Jul 9, 2002, 09:11 AM
There was...

>>Møønßlãzé<<
Jul 9, 2002, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Alberto
There was... *Sings*
Once upon a time there was a lil' guy named Alberto!
And he said there was... and that was the end! Tralala!
And what do he meeeeeeean? ;)

||Slim
Jul 9, 2002, 05:05 PM
another firm? lostboys? (<-too lazy to read site)

Alberto
Jul 10, 2002, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by &gt;&gt;Møønßlãzé&lt;&lt;
*Sings*
Once upon a time there was a lil' guy named Alberto!
And he said there was... and that was the end! Tralala!
And what do he meeeeeeean? ;)

Idiot... :P

Hehehe, I said that because of the previous post of Piccolo

Trafton AT
Jul 10, 2002, 08:43 AM
How can we change the 1.23 servers into JJ3? (Not said-general quote)
We need a game first. Then we worry about listservers.

BlazinDragon
Jul 10, 2002, 06:31 PM
Good point, ofcource we're assuming we are going to have internet play, yes? And some of the Good 'ol JJ2 stuff only modified- JCS other progs..ect...other playable characters (Razz- which is rumored to be in JJ2 but no one really saw him, so why invent Razz if he isnt used...or is he?)Maybe Lori- but she is pretty much useless, cant do anything! Cant even grab a helicopter(copter in JCS)! Anyway back to the point of list servers and games. We just need $500 million to get the company going. Where is the money gonna come from? Now that I rethink my poll i think JJ3 is lost. If anyone has good ideas feel free to share ur thoughts. Because why would Epic or any of the so called "supporters" of JJ3? There is Always hope

Alberto
Jul 11, 2002, 02:34 AM
If Jazz3 is fully madeand released it will be in a long time, since Epic is insterested in Unreal, right now with Unreal 2 and UT2003.

$tilettø
Jul 11, 2002, 05:04 AM
"There is Always hope"
no there isnt

Black Ninja
Jul 11, 2002, 08:43 AM
trust me, you dont want a listserver. on jj3 internet play, clients arent even allowed to shoot.

Trafton AT
Jul 11, 2002, 09:43 AM
Why aren't clients allowed to shoot? A bug? Going from no Internet to Internet to no Internet would be weird.

Nadine
Jul 11, 2002, 08:44 PM
Epic can't rely on just ONE franchise - Unreal. Excuse me, I guess I don't know what their other current games are, but certainly Unreal is getting a lot of attention. Unreal is awesome, and apparantely so is Unreal Tournament, especially for online play, but what ELSE is Unreal about? Are people really excited about the new Unreal games when Doom 3 will come out and perhaps, eventually, Duke Nukem Forever, and if it's anything like Duke 3D it will re-invent the genre.

Epic will need some other franchise too. They will probably milk Unreal for all it's worth, and maybe if people get bored of it, they will think about that little green bunny with a gun that didn't get enough of a chance to see if he could be profitable or not. Two games is not enough of a change. Yes, there are other "small" games but they are like add ons to Jazz 1 and 2. Mostly there were the two games. And just because Jazz 2 didn't sell well doesn't mean Jazz isn't profitable. Some amazing games fail at retail while sometimes turd games are a mainstream craze. What's popular is not always what's best as a lot of people are stupid or the game isn't marketed well. But those stupid people, and the rest of us, are all gamers with money to spend.

Jazz Jackrabbit 3 WILL be made, but just don't hold your breath. It won't be anytime soon.

Another Jazz 2 fan
Jul 11, 2002, 09:59 PM
Let us hope....

Oh, and I guess we could say that JJ2 wasn't marketed very well. I think it is a much better game than most, but people didn't know about it. I knew, because I have been a long time fan of Epic Megagames.

And although I hope and pray for a JJ3, there hasn't been any good news on it... :(

AJ2f

Black Ninja
Jul 12, 2002, 10:26 AM
listen: jj3 is not happening. forget about future games. keep making good levels for the game we have, and other than that....well, that's all we get. =p
JJ3 wasnt that great anyway.

||Slim
Jul 12, 2002, 10:53 AM
quit ruining everything :P

Unreal Tournament imo was a really great game, over 5,000 (way over) servers everyday. I agree with Nadine; Epic can't hold on to Unreal much longer, as it grows old. JJ2 was a pretty big hit, a great game with lots of awards and such from many people.. just that it didn't last. JJ3 can be made as there is no reason why it shouldnt, just that it will take ALOT of time convincing/etc. people to actually make it.

Violet CLM
Jul 12, 2002, 02:31 PM
One reason why it shouldn't is, as I recall, the publishers of JJ2 lost money on it.

I claim the second page.

Nadine
Jul 12, 2002, 04:36 PM
He who said JJ3 wasn't all that anyway - you mean the illegal demo? By today's standards the game has too few polygons anyway. If they decide to make JJ3 it won't neccessarily be just like the demo, though what I say about the demo is limited since I've never played it. They will likely start from scratch with the game, or improve on it so much that it hardly resembles that early demo. So don't just look at that demo and determine whether this franchise has a future or not.

And, you could also tell people you know who don't have JJ2 to by it. You would have to help them get a copy, and I don't mean by burning a copy for them. There's always room for more fans and more people who want the series to continue would be a good thing. You'd be surprised how long in a game's existance you'd see newbies online. But I guess I don't have proof of that myself, other than just getting into Jazz 2 online play recently myself.

defalcon
Jul 13, 2002, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by Nadine
Epic can't rely on just ONE franchise - Unreal. Excuse me, I guess I don't know what their other current games are, but certainly Unreal is getting a lot of attention. Unreal is awesome, and apparantely so is Unreal Tournament, especially for online play, but what ELSE is Unreal about? Are people really excited about the new Unreal games when Doom 3 will come out and perhaps, eventually, Duke Nukem Forever, and if it's anything like Duke 3D it will re-invent the genre.
WRONG. Epic CAN rely on one franchise for a few years - UT2003. Why? Because, the game has the most graphically advanced engine on the market. They earn....what, $300 000 US dollars just to license someone for use of their engine (at least, thier OLD engine), more for the new one. It is also set to be one of the biggest releases of the year, and with Quake4, Doom3, Team Fortress 2 and Counter-Strike 2 a long way off, it is likely set to dominate. Plus, it has room for expansion - mods. Mods are what have kept Half-Life alive and thriving even now. So YES, they CAN. Plus, it's not just UT2003 (which is multiplayer oriented). There's the single-player focused Unreal II, and Unreal Championship for the Xbox. Epic is going to make ALOT of money for the next few years to come. And Duke Nukem Forever was announced before Unreal Torunament came out if I'm not mistaken, so don't get your hopes up - they barely have anything to show for the past few years of development.
Epic will need some other franchise too. They will probably milk Unreal for all it's worth, and maybe if people get bored of it, they will think about that little green bunny with a gun that didn't get enough of a chance to see if he could be profitable or not. Two games is not enough of a change. Yes, there are other "small" games but they are like add ons to Jazz 1 and 2. Mostly there were the two games. And just because Jazz 2 didn't sell well doesn't mean Jazz isn't profitable. Some amazing games fail at retail while sometimes turd games are a mainstream craze. What's popular is not always what's best as a lot of people are stupid or the game isn't marketed well. But those stupid people, and the rest of us, are all gamers with money to spend.
People get bored of a game with a superb graphics engine, excellent support from the modding community as well as Epic itself, with mappers and modelers abound, as well as the fact it could well be the next Counter-Strike killer.....not for a LONG while. Counter-Strike and Half-Life have been around for ages, they're older than JJ2 I believe. And Counter-Strike is so far still the most popular FPS shooter to date. ID software still makes money even though most people who would play Quake already have a copy through the licensing of game engines.
Just because Jazz 2 didn't sell well doesn't mean it isn't profitable? Erm, yes, it does. G.O.D. Games LOST money on JJ2. And as for amazing games failing and bad games becoming popular, yes, it happens. Unfortunately, we can't do much about it.
Originally posted by Nadine
He who said JJ3 wasn't all that anyway - you mean the illegal demo? By today's standards the game has too few polygons anyway. If they decide to make JJ3 it won't neccessarily be just like the demo, though what I say about the demo is limited since I've never played it. They will likely start from scratch with the game, or improve on it so much that it hardly resembles that early demo. So don't just look at that demo and determine whether this franchise has a future or not.
Yes, it does have too few polygons. However, it uses the Unreal engine and in theory, should any developers pick it up again, they could port it to use the Unreal2 engine. However, I do hope the next game in the series has as mch potential as the JJ3 demo did.

BlazinDragon
Jul 13, 2002, 07:35 AM
So from the points u made Defalcon u actually think JJ3 will be remade and go on the market! WOW :)

defalcon
Jul 13, 2002, 05:06 PM
So from the points u made Defalcon u actually think JJ3 will be remade and go on the market! WOW :)
WHAT?? Erm, no, I think you've, ahem, outrageously misinterpreted me. I'm saying that if Epic were to pick up JJ3, the demo could still be utilised as a base. However, due to the fact Epic can basically live off Unreal for another 5 years or so, it isn't likely. How the heck did you come to that conclusion??? :confused:

BlazinDragon
Jul 14, 2002, 02:29 PM
I didn't have breakfast :lol: my brain was empty then.. :) so it could be released as a demo on the internet once its complete?(if it gets completed?)

Strato
Jul 14, 2002, 02:42 PM
Win the lottery a few times, then contribute all the money to jj3. Or you can overthrow the government and then nothing is illegal.
Or you can buy off the Jazz license from whoever has it now, buy the rights to an unreal engine, form your own videogame making business and make it. But that won't happen.
I got it. Somebody make a brand new game that we can all love.
(sarcasim)

JanusJackrabbit
Jul 15, 2002, 12:35 PM
Maybe we should just make fan games based on Jazz2. And put them on a site on J2O. At least it would kill time until the source code is released (if it is released).:rolleyes:

MaGoo
Jul 16, 2002, 06:13 AM
Let's all go to bed and forget JJ3 existed.

Fawriel
Jul 16, 2002, 07:24 AM
Won't work!:rolleyes:

BlazinDragon
Jul 16, 2002, 09:30 AM
Epic might make it, only in the next 2 centuries ;P nah. Maybe they will make it in about a few years once they see how polular JJ2 has become! Afterall there are still newbies comming in frequently. Who knows JJ3 might actually be made!

JanusJackrabbit
Jul 16, 2002, 06:16 PM
Are newbies useful. (no offence, i'm just curious)

BlazinDragon
Jul 16, 2002, 06:24 PM
Since they're new they wouldnt know much dummy :p neway the point is if epic see's how much of a success Jj2 was, they might make JJ3 thats a might not a will but it could be probable.

Nadine
Jul 19, 2002, 05:04 PM
No defalcon, you misinterpreted me as well. If a game didn't make much money than it wasn't profitable - duh. But what I meant is that Jazz 2 wasn't profitable, but that doesn't mean the Jazz FRANCHISE doesn't have the POTENTIAL to be very profitable maybe later more than now.

Yes, I can see what you're saying about Unreal's future. Like I said, they're milking it and laughing all the way to the bank. Great graphics and online play are bonuses to me. Is the game FUN? Lots of replay value? Does it reinvent the genre or surprise me with new ideas or a great story line? Unreal 2 I'll have to wait and see what the big deal is. I don't have an Xbox (yet), and I don't know if I care about Unreal Tournament 2003.

Well, I guess for gamers like me this industry is all about patience. Some things about this industry I'm really ticked off about. It's all about the money? What about the art? The creative process? I guess those are only important if they make a lot of money.

I hope Epic will include a Jazz 2 character creator with Unreal 2, then I'd want to buy it just for that alone. But, heh, ofcourse they won't.

Who said we should just forget Jazz 3 was even attempted? Good idea. It's too sad that they have given up on it. But, I will stand by Jazz 2. Maybe I will try and learn how to make my own tilesets, but I've always been good at drawing CHARACTERS not environments. I will be working on new characters and hopefully someone can figure out how to add them to the game. But again, not anytime soon, or perhaps not ever. :(

Here's an idea.... Why doesn't Epic sell the Jazz Jackrabbit licence/franchise? Money for them, and then Jazz games will continue, hopefully done right even with a new owner, and it won't go to waste staying with Epic. It's just plain mean to keep sequels of a brand away from fans that want it so very badly/ And most of us would just be happy with the source code for Jazz 2!

Super Saiyan
Jul 22, 2002, 01:22 AM
Nah, I dont Epic will make jj3 further. Think about it, why should Epic make jj3 if there are much better games and with more fun. They would only loose money on it. Just think about it, jj2 servers arnt that full these days and the community isnt THAT big, okey we have (luckely) j2o, but thats almost everything what there is, if you would look at Unreal and his community...WOAH!!!

BlazinDragon
Jul 22, 2002, 06:28 AM
TRAITOR!!! :mad:

Super Saiyan
Jul 22, 2002, 08:40 AM
TRAITOR!!! :mad:

lol I aint that, I only say the trueth
By the way, there are already made loads of threads about jj3 like this so please stop discussing over this, the solution is NOT or HOPEFULL maybe.

BlazinDragon
Jul 22, 2002, 01:06 PM
Look at the poll, Epic will make JJ3- 11 say yes, 11 say no, its eaqual, it might be possible! but lets get to the first post i made,

A while ago when i first got JJ2 i was missing JJ1 so i phoned up gathering of Developers for the CD. What im thinking of is we all write a email or phone and tell them all the people that are for it and that we want JJ3! ect... read post #1 this is about wether Epic or someone else will make JJ3! Not talking about other games. This is the Jazz2 community! We have a right to make them build JJ3! with all da support they just might!

Super Saiyan
Jul 22, 2002, 11:48 PM
Ugh... just think what you want to think.

BlazinDragon
Jul 23, 2002, 04:40 AM
yes, but it might be true! ppl might be working on JJ3 in secrets so da public dosent know then one day suprise! they made it. What would u say then? although it is unlikely that it would happen, there is a possibility...

Super Saiyan
Jul 23, 2002, 08:21 AM
No there is enaugh proof, something like this isnt happening. Some people even left the studios (Readed it somewhere). By the way if I was you I would start supporting jj2 sourche code, jj3 is lost. JUST ADMIT IT!!!!1

JanusJackrabbit
Jul 23, 2002, 09:43 AM
Maybe we should ask Godgames if we can make fan games based on JJ2 and then make an unoffical JJ3.:)

JanusJackrabbit
Jul 29, 2002, 09:55 AM
Hello?!? Is this a good idea or not?

Super Saiyan
Jul 29, 2002, 10:39 AM
MAAaAaAaAaaybe ;P

<b>EDIT:</b> Btw how do you want to make a game? People couldnt even finish the 'possum' game which was 2D, let go 3D.

But maybe if we got permission for that we could try it. Isnt it vacantion? Loads of free time (Only 2/4 weeks left though) :)

Txl Kill
Jul 29, 2002, 06:02 PM
Its time to put a end to this. Why cant u people just ****ing understand. ITS NOT GOIGN TO HAPPEN!!! THEY LOST MONEY MAKING JJ2 WHY WOULD THEY WANT TO LOSE MORE MONEY DEVELOPING A JJ3 IF THEY ARENT GOING OT MAKE ANY. PLEASE STOP BOTHERING THESE PEOPLE IF YOU WANT JJ3 GO MAKE IT YOUR SELF AND LEAVE THEM ALONE~!!!!!!!

JanusJackrabbit
Jul 29, 2002, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Super Saiyan

<b>EDIT:</b> Btw how do you want to make a game? People couldnt even finish the 'possum' game which was 2D, let go 3D.

But maybe if we got permission for that we could try it. Isnt it vacantion? Loads of free time (Only 2/4 weeks left though) :) [/B]

Game maker + Anim8or = 3D games.

BlazinDragon
Jul 30, 2002, 05:55 AM
Ok, who controlls the list servers on JJ2? If they moniter the servers and fix it when they go down, dont they see how many people play JJ2? Like who moniters the JJ2 Servers neway.If the people are monitering the JJ2 servers wouldnt they see how many people are playing? They Might make JJ3, but there isnt alot of hope. But there is that little ray of sunshine shining through. Hope JJ3 is made :)

ßúññ¥€lmérTbtCC
Jul 30, 2002, 08:12 AM
I think they dont make jj3 but letz try anywhay

sproedel
Jul 31, 2002, 12:06 PM
Ohhhhh, man!!

They just have to make JJ3!!!

Jazz is the greatest rabbit, i´ve ever known!!!

BlazinDragon
Jul 31, 2002, 05:45 PM
Jazz, Spaz, and Lori are the only rabbits u know besides the ones in ur backyard :p

Yeah! they gotta make JJ3!

JanusJackrabbit
Aug 1, 2002, 10:38 AM
You keep saying "they". Why shouldn't we make our own JJ3.:cool:

sproedel
Aug 1, 2002, 11:20 AM
@ Killer: But Jazz is the greatest even if he´s only the greatest of 3...:D

@ Janus: then, go on....:p

JanusJackrabbit
Aug 1, 2002, 04:59 PM
Okay, I'll explain. A couple of programs called Game Maker 4 and Anim8or could be used to make a 3D Jazz game. Anim8or can be used to make 3D sprites and levels. Then they can be used in Game Maker to make 3D games.(Actually, I think it's called isometric.)

defalcon
Aug 2, 2002, 03:02 AM
The thing you might be failing to realise is 3D games (or even normal games) of good quality take a LONG time to do. And that's even with the use of another game engine - not coding a new one. Quality games take many people and can take years to do.

BlazinDragon
Aug 2, 2002, 04:53 AM
We all know, but isnt it worth it? Making JJ3 instead of begging Epic to make it for us? Yes, it might take a few years but it would be well worth all the effort we out into it. LETS GO MAKE JJ3! YEAH!

sproedel
Aug 2, 2002, 08:41 AM
Uh, without me. Well, i would have the will, but i wouldn´t have the constitution for something like that. I would be happy, if i would finally get my own level finished...:D

JanusJackrabbit
Aug 2, 2002, 10:54 AM
One think that I found out is that a flight simulator engine would be good for more freedom to move around. It makes the terrain unlimited and gives you freedom to go wherever you want in the level.(It's fast too;) )

MaGoo
Aug 3, 2002, 05:26 AM
It's strange how you people think that money grows on trees.

JanusJackrabbit
Aug 3, 2002, 10:32 AM
We're getting ideas, not making the game. Besides, what would you need money for?:confused:

MoonBlazE
Aug 3, 2002, 11:27 AM
We could get Epic to give a shoot on a 1.25 path, if we gave them Tomb Rabbit for the CD ect.
If they owned money on it instead of loose...I don't know, it was just a shoot in the fog.

MaGoo
Aug 3, 2002, 02:48 PM
You need money to mass produce a game.

JanusJackrabbit
Aug 3, 2002, 04:24 PM
How much would you need? Also, it could just be a fan game.

MaGoo
Aug 3, 2002, 04:25 PM
Thousands and thousands.

JanusJackrabbit
Aug 3, 2002, 06:27 PM
Why thousands?:(

BlazinDragon
Aug 4, 2002, 05:08 AM
better than millions :D:lol:

defalcon
Aug 4, 2002, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by JanusJackrabbit
We're getting ideas, not making the game. Besides, what would you need money for?:confused:
Uhm, to buy the license to use a game engine (otherwise you'd have to spend maybe 2 years coding your own - and that's with teams of professional coders). Example - The Unreal Engine costs $300 000 US to license for a game.

JanusJackrabbit
Aug 4, 2002, 12:13 PM
I just did a quick search for free 3D game engines. Genesis 3D looks pretty good. The licence also says that you can sell the games.

StormyThunder
Aug 4, 2002, 04:51 PM
I really wish that Jazz Jackrabbit 3 came out... I'd even like to play the demo! Jazz is the only playable character though, (I'd like to see the other characters and play with them even though Jazz is my favorite.) It'd be cool even just to see the characters without playing with them. At least I have Jazz 3 screenshots of the game at http://www.noogy.com/image/gallery/jj3/screens/screens.html (if your wondering.)

Well, I just hope it'll come out because Jazz Jackrabbit is my favorite computer game, ever!

In another case, someone else could get the copyright of Jazz and make it themselves like most of the people are saying.

Trafton AT
Aug 4, 2002, 11:27 PM
You can't "get" copyrights, unfortunately :(

StormyThunder
Aug 5, 2002, 08:06 AM
Darn, that stinks...

JanusJackrabbit
Aug 5, 2002, 09:42 AM
We don't need to be worrying about a copyright yet, anyways.

Fawriel
Aug 5, 2002, 10:11 AM
Anyone knows"Dink Smallwood"?
It uses quite a simple engine,and you can make completely new games with it if you know about c++.
It's an RPG,okay,but maybe it could be useful for a fangame if someone finds out more about it!
If not,I'm just trying to help!

StormyThunder
Aug 5, 2002, 04:38 PM
Never heard of it...

JanusJackrabbit
Aug 5, 2002, 05:40 PM
I've heard of it, but it didn't sound very good.

BlazinDragon
Aug 10, 2002, 06:31 PM
well, if were here begging them for the demo, they could get some inspiration, send out the demo, realize how many people wanna play it. They might make it. Although this is unprobable, there might be a chance. Who knows, maybe there is some top secret lab where they are working on it in secret so it would be a suprise! (yeah, right. I wish) well there is hope. no matter how small, there is always hope! except with my math tests at school :D

Txl Kill
Aug 19, 2002, 06:18 AM
They dont have the demo... lol they dont want anything to do with it... if you wanna beg and get turned down all the time talk to good old noogy.

BlazinDragon
Aug 19, 2002, 07:33 AM
If they dont want nething to do wit it they can just release it and forget about it. and it wont bother them nemore.

thumper cc
Aug 24, 2002, 11:57 AM
i say we take the people at epic hostage and make them finish jazz three, then threaten that we will come back if the cancel jazz 4, anyone who doesnt cooperate we will eat them, it will be like a jazz 2 feild trip

BlazinDragon
Aug 24, 2002, 05:17 PM
:D That might work n.n

:lol:

BlazinDragon
Aug 28, 2002, 05:58 PM
Yeah, take the people at epic and hold them hoshtage and say make JJ3 or else~ yeah! that would really work!
NOT so what are we gonna do to make epic make jj3, they WILL probably make jj3, but it might be a VERY long time.
If anyone has any suggestions or maybe (e) mail them and say the stuff about JJ3, and how many supporters are out there!