PDA

View Full Version : Another!

Captain Spam
Jul 13, 2002, 06:24 AM
FROM THE DEPTHS OF MY DRAWINGS!

Here's another odd colored pic by me! Yet another of the characters from my Dementia of Magic comic, at that!

<a href="http://exclaimindustries.net/~captainspam/DoM/DoMPhinnPoseSmall.png">Phinn</a>

The elf girl who runs the library in the village. Kind-hearted and sweet. Has a crush on <a href="http://exclaimindustries.net/~captainspam/DoM/DoMMatthewPoseSmall.png">Matthew</a>. Rarely leaves her library (She owns it and is the only one who works there).

The only problem with this is that her hair casts massive shadows over her body, so it looks darker than it should be. Huh.

Enjoy! Woo! And the comics are almost ready to go up... Keenspace got back with me, I'm just getting set up!

Fawriel
Jul 13, 2002, 06:30 AM
COOOOOOLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow.
You have an interesting way of drawing your charcters.:)

Captain Spam
Jul 13, 2002, 06:43 AM
I'm a bit unique in my style. :-)

Thankee!

||Slim
Jul 13, 2002, 08:06 AM
I agree with piccolo, you do have an interesting way of drawing them. Really good imo. ever considered doing animation? ;)

Ducky
Jul 13, 2002, 10:39 AM
Oh wow!! This one rocks, Captain, she's so cute!

Btw, I love her clothes.

JJ BBoy KS
Jul 13, 2002, 12:14 PM
Lovin' it! :D :7

(Out of curiosity, why are your pics always pngs?)

Cobra
Jul 13, 2002, 01:05 PM
*steals Phinn*
I <3 her. She's pretty *.*

Captain Spam
Jul 13, 2002, 04:40 PM
Slim: Animation? Not particularly... it takes me an outrageously long time to draw these. :-)

Ducky: Thankee. I was kinda aiming for cute. :-)

BBoy: PNGs are magical, happy files that transform .xcf GIMP native format into pure bliss. See, PNGs are perfectly suited for things like this; it maintains perfect image quality (i.e. lossless compression, unlike JPEG) and allows 16 million colors (i.e. Truecolor, unlike GIF, which only allows a 256 color pallete). However, the caveat is that the pic shouldn't be too 'noisy'... since I like using strong solid colors, it works nicely, but for noisier pics (like photographs), then you pull out JPEGs (PNG gets REALLY big with noisy pics). Plus, PNGs have alpha channel support, meaning you can make partially transluscent areas of the image to the background of whatever you're putting it on. Very nice.

Now, nearly any modern image program will save to PNG. Nine times out of ten, PNGs are smaller than GIFs (Assuming it's a 256 color image... if it's 16 million, GIF can't do it anyhoo), so they're ideal for web images, so long as they're not noisy. Most modern web browsers can read them perfectly (Mozilla, IE), complete with alpha transparencies. The only problem is that SOME software companies (Apple) seem to think running a plugin to view PNGs is needed...

Glad ye like, though. :-)

Phoenix Wing: Woo! Thanks! <strike>maybe later</strike> :-)

Cobra: Thankee. Glad ya like her. :-)

JJ BBoy KS
Jul 13, 2002, 06:53 PM
Okay, I see.

<I>Plus, PNGs have alpha channel support, meaning you can make partially transluscent areas of the image to the background of whatever you're putting it on. Very nice. </I> <---And that is cool! :D