PDA

View Full Version : I'm awfully upset!

Fawriel
Jul 16, 2002, 10:09 AM
Some of you might know that I didn't ever play Jazz online before!
I think I'm the only one here!:(
And as I have somehow...lost my handbook*cough*idiot*cough*,and as I thought I wouldn't ever be able to play online,I don't know anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So I'll now brainwash you with my non-existant Jedi power to teach me!!
1.Why could I only stay on the server for a few seconds?????
2.How do I chat????
I know that may sound stupid/REALLY stupid)but c'est la vie!
Now tell me!!!:(

Fawriel
Jul 16, 2002, 10:10 AM
Wait,the first question solved itself!
As I'm playing via home-network,and PCs are idiotic in general,my mums PC just hung up!:mad:
Cursed Windows!

Link
Jul 16, 2002, 12:14 PM
This should be in technical help. I'll answer your first question if you post it there.

As for your second question, you press "t" to chat in an online JJ2 game.

Fawriel
Jul 17, 2002, 01:34 AM
Didn't I post it in technical help?!:eek:
Thx anyway...
(It's there...was it moved...):confused:

Fawriel
Jul 17, 2002, 06:35 AM
I GOT THROWN OUT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AGHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link
Jul 17, 2002, 12:45 PM
You need to give us more information about your network.

How is it set up?
Is there a computer acting as a router, or do you have a standalone router?
What connection do you have? (Cable, DSL, etc)
How many computers are on the network?
Who set up the network?
Where can you go to forward certain ports to certain computers in your network?

I would really recommend asking the person who set the network up to do this for you. They are the ones who know the most about the network. I know some about networks in general, but it will be really hard for me to help you if I have to ask you questions and then you need to give me the answers, when you aren't really sure that they are correct.

Tell the person who set up the network that you want to forward ports 10052 to 10054 to the computer you play JJ2 on.

Fawriel
Jul 18, 2002, 01:27 AM
Forget about it!
I AM in a home-network,so my Mum will have to solve this!
It won't work before my vacation anyways!:(

OKAY,PEOPLE,there's nothing to see here,walk along!!

Link
Jul 18, 2002, 05:36 AM
Don't just give up on it! :mad:

At least tell your mum or whoever set up the network that you want to forward ports 10052-10054 to the computer you play JJ2 on. Maybe even show her this post and my reply above.

And you didn't answer any of my questions. You've got to know the answers to some of them (like at least you should know what kind of internet connection you have and if you have a router). I'm just trying to help with it, but I can't if you don't answer my questions, nor ask someone if they know the answers :/

Fawriel
Jul 18, 2002, 06:19 AM
Well,sorry,Link!
But as I said,it won't work before my vacation,which will start in two days!
After that we can talk along!

KRSplat
Jul 18, 2002, 06:37 AM
If it's because your mom's hanging up the phone line, then we can't help there. Get a second phone line, or cable modem or DSL or something.

Fawriel
Jul 18, 2002, 06:39 AM
That's not the problem!
I'm not THAT stupid!;)

Link
Jul 18, 2002, 07:26 AM
Two days is plenty of time to fix the problem! Two days is 48 hours. It takes 2 minutes to ask about the answers to my questions, 2 minutes to reply on here with the answers, 2 minutes to check back and read my reply, and 2 minutes to fix the problem. All in all that is 8 minutes, which leaves you 47 hours and 52 minutes to get ready for your vacation and play JJ2 online!

If your mum knows how to fix it, then it will only take 4 minutes because you won't have to come on here and ask me!

You could be asking how you can fix it instead of wasting time by replying with useless posts!