PDA

View Full Version : Why do people post this.....

Newspaz
May 11, 2001, 08:18 AM
Why do people post all this crap on J2O, 16 of te last 20 downlaods get below a 6. Quit posting this crap geez.

This makes no sence. Nobody wants to rate low quality levels. When I download something and I see it's crap I don't even bother to review it :P.

Aiko
May 11, 2001, 08:34 AM
yeah! good point newie :-)

lately it got a bit too much, really. people seem to post EVERYTHING no matter what it is and how bad and boring(!) it is. a unpleasant side effect is the massive waste of my free time and, far more important, the waste of valuable j2o webspace. if you guys continue like this, j2o will possibly have to close sooner than we expect :-(((

my advice for all newcomers: only post your levels/tilesets/programs if you AND other people think theyre worth posting!

by the way, i would like to encourage ALL PEOPLE on this forum to write some good reviews for j2o! we need you! my target still is: at least ten (10!) reviews for *every* upload :-) some older uploads (mainly posted last year) still have way too few reviews.

but unlike newspaz, you should also check out some bad rated levels to see if theyre really that bad and to compare.

thanks in advance...and remember: j2o rocks!!

~SPLASH~
May 11, 2001, 08:51 AM
as a matter of fact i said the same in one of my latest reviews..some traininglvl predaotr made..u may wanna see it, but it doenst feature any bad language as that evil Dizzy censored it when he saw it! http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_mad.gif

<br><br>Bobby-
Splash, you knowingly avioded the filter. If we did not care about cussing we would not have a filter. If you knowingly aviod the filter again actions will be taken. Also, no personal attacks as is in the agreement.

Aiko
May 11, 2001, 01:50 PM
oh one more thing i just noticed again:

there seems to be a growing number of people at j2o that are about to mess it up completely. some people like stunts, blackdeath and some others are cussing and discussing like crazy posting dozens of pointless n/a reviews without noticing that the download section is the wrong place for that. if you have something to say and you think its of interest, post it HERE (j2o forum). for everything else, use private messages, e-mail, icq, aim, phone or whatever...

let me repeat the message:

cool people only post ONE REVIEW PER UPLOAD.

cool people dont attack the level authors personally! and cool people edit their reviews in case they have something to add or change.

thank you!

Fquist_old
May 11, 2001, 02:29 PM
I disagree with the n/a comments. A few don't hurt.

But for the rest you are right.. and btw, we'll probably be getting a new host soon.. so don't be afraid for lack of space.

Tubz
May 11, 2001, 02:45 PM
N/A, this was a harsh topic. Half you people can't review and expect everything to be perfect

"Ooh, too much enemys, that makes the level dumb"

"Ooh, not enough weapons in the level"

I was hoping that Jazz2Online would be like Jazz 2 City, some people put the stupidest reviews. And some level are bad, but all people do is say Negative Stuff. They can't think about anything Positive. When I put Inferno Infiltration all you people did was act Negative, there was no Positive in your Review. Well at least most of the Reviews.

If you can't think of anything nice to say, then don't review/say it at all.

Tubz
May 11, 2001, 02:49 PM
Oh and wasting your time Aiko to review all those levels. Well nobody asked ya anyway to review the level! Nobody is forcing you to review a level. After you stopped reviewing for a while, you probably missed a review of a couple of levels.

~SPLASH~
May 11, 2001, 11:24 PM
i know im rude from time to time...

excuse me for living http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

anyway..i really think its bad that there are so many bad lvls for download that hardly get above a 5...

i know it is fair that everyone can post his/her lvls, but lately ppl go create a lvl within 15 minutes or something and then post it...whats hte point of that?

WhiteFang
May 11, 2001, 11:30 PM
I have never heard of these reviews before, so maybe I shouldn't say anything, but this is just something I want to say, not to anyone in particular, just to all off you and some will agree, some will not agree...

Everybody has a different kind of taste and too much enemies or not enough weapons makes a level less perfect. But that aren't the only things a level is rated on... When some one wants to write a good review, he also looks to eye-candy, the use of layers, use of tiles etc. But to many enenies or to much weapons doesn't make a level stupid, it makes it less perfect. And no one is able to make a perfect level, not even Jeh (though he is coming close), 'cause I think the perfect level doesn't excist. In every level there is a tiny mistake... But you can try to make a level as perfect as possible.

But remember, perfect is a very relative word. It's a kind of taste, 'cause some one will like two or three enemies, another one one or two, or maybe even four...

I hope this post does make any sence :P

Aiko
May 12, 2001, 01:23 AM
okay lets try to discuss...

Fquist wrote:

>I disagree with the n/a comments. A few don't hurt.

*A FEW* don't hurt, thats right. Anyways, most of them are completely pointless or doesnt belong there.

JJ Tublear wrote:

>Oh and wasting your time Aiko to review all those levels. Well nobody asked ya anyway to review the level! Nobody is forcing you to review a level. After you stopped reviewing for a while, you probably missed a review of a couple of levels.

yeah brother and noone forces YOU to post your levels at j2o. you missed the point anyways...how can i know if a level will be good or bad BEFORE ive reviewed it?

and honestly ive to admit that im addicted to jazz2 and j2o. plus (you will call me arrogant but i dont care) i have the feeling that im one of the better reviewers (considering lenghth of the reviews and balanced ratings for example).

ElectroPiZZa wrote:

>Agreed, but then again, there aren't many of those "cool" people, from your definition...

...which is a pity. Do some reviews, EP.

however,

have a nice hot early summer day (thats what we got here :-)

Wild Angel
May 12, 2001, 09:03 PM

. .

. . .

. . . .

. . .

. .

Tubz
May 13, 2001, 09:06 AM
---

JJ Tublear

Read my story Zafitariers Quest in the War Tavern.

Fquist_old
May 13, 2001, 10:04 AM
This is getting into fights, people.. Calm down and quit the semi-personal attacks.

SteelTalon
May 13, 2001, 08:00 PM
I review occasionally.

By the way, if you (ever) see any levels by me, they are of top quality. I put in many hours (just a bit too many, it seems) to make them great in all catagories... ELM is still alive! ;D

~SPLASH~
May 13, 2001, 10:37 PM
dont get cocky now http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif j/k