PDA

View Full Version : Who actually invented the War Tavern?

Fawriel
Aug 5, 2002, 01:16 PM
Since I've first seen it in the Another Story Episode,and as it would even have taken part in Jazz3,I'm wondering,
who invented the WarTavern?
Was it:
-Jazz2Staff(having it put on the official site,without me having it seen)
-some oldie(Dino,FoD,whoever,...)
-Stripe,Buster,Roaster and Bluez(the guys who invented Another Story)
-someone else?

So?

Violet CLM
Aug 5, 2002, 02:27 PM
Probably.

Ducky
Aug 7, 2002, 04:27 PM
I think it's all four, in an odd way.
I often have my facts crooked, but I believe this is the story. *ahem*
Way back in about 1998...I think...when Jazz2city was still very new, a bunch of people started a forum-type thing in which they told slightly fictionalized, embroidered story forms of their actual exploits and adventures on Jazz2, single and multi.
They'd describe bloody battles in Diamondus Warzone with some unknown fighter(back then the word Newbie didn't exist in this place. They were all newbies. Everyone else was just someone they hadn't seen before.), horrific and gruesome fights between ten shwartzenguards(I still can't spell that) and Jazz with one heart and only his fastfired blaster, in some custom single level.

They embellished these stories by telling them in a tavern setting. They'd pause between posts and drink something like Braggarion Goo or Rigelion Synth Ale Carrot Beer. They called it the War Tavern.

When the JMMB came into being, they made a forum for it. Admael and Bluez are the mods we most remember, but they weren't the first. They were the bartenders, where in the Good Ole War Tavern there had only been customers.

The people, then, I guess were names like A5tr0n1a, Dethman, Onag, PaG, EvilBill, Noogy, Gizmo, Steven...our own AJ2F *waves* ...countless others.

But I think it was Merlin who gave the idea.
I just wanted to tell a story.

`Ducky