PDA

View Full Version : Okay, I've looked, but

bob670
Aug 7, 2002, 09:17 AM
I can't find Jazz Jackrabbit2 anywhere to purchase? I had the game a couple years back, but seem to have misplaced it, now I would really like to play again, and am willing to buy it, but can't find it for sale? Any suggestions?

Fawriel
Aug 7, 2002, 09:20 AM
Where do you live?

bob670
Aug 7, 2002, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Piccolo
Where do you live?

U.S. I usually buy off my software via the Internet, but can't seem to find a place to purchase. Not event the godgames.com store?

Fawriel
Aug 7, 2002, 09:24 AM
US?
That's tough...
Sorry,I can't help you!:(

Another Jazz 2 fan
Aug 7, 2002, 09:39 AM
Check EBay

Newspaz
Aug 7, 2002, 09:41 AM
You might want to try ebay

KRSplat
Aug 7, 2002, 09:52 AM
I thought godgames worked.

bob670
Aug 7, 2002, 09:54 AM
I checked eBay and found one copy but of questionable quality, but I finally found a store on Yahoo shopping that seems to have it, so (assuming their stock levels are accurate) I should have it by the weekend. I must say I am truly impressed with the size and depth of this user community, looking forward to trying some levels the community came up with.

FQuist
Aug 7, 2002, 10:17 AM
Welcome.

Fawriel
Aug 7, 2002, 10:23 AM
<s>DOWNLOAD MY LEVELS!!!</s>
*innocent look*:rolleyes:

KRSplat
Aug 7, 2002, 10:34 AM
Aren't we great?

;p

Trafton AT
Aug 7, 2002, 10:54 AM
Welcome, and remember that we should make sure that we always are fair level reviewers. Hardly any level is perfect, but you must still rate some generously. Have a good time on JJ2. DO NOT READ THE BOLD LETTERS IN THIS MESSAGE, IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE SUBLIMINAL. Oops, did I just say that out loud?

||Slim
Aug 7, 2002, 11:02 AM
this guy has been the most decent newbie eager to play this game ive ever seen. Welcome ;)

Fawriel
Aug 7, 2002, 11:07 AM
LOL,Trafton,you're a genius!:D
<s>But my levels are better!</s>:rolleyes:

bob670
Aug 7, 2002, 11:09 AM
Thanks to all, and yes I am eager to participate. I find very few games with positive and active communities, so when I stumble across one I try to participate and add something useful to the discussion. I am also interested in building some levels, but first I have to get back into the game and I am anxious to see what others have done. Thanks again for the info and the welcome.

Trafton AT
Aug 7, 2002, 11:09 AM
I must say, it is unusual someone comes to this message board looking for the game. You show great promise in this community. A lot of gamers have the attention span of...what was I saying? Anyhoo, it's nice to see new players.

Remember, read the bold letters together :)

bob670
Aug 7, 2002, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Trafton AT
Welcome, and remember that we should make sure that we always are fair level reviewers. Hardly any level is perfect, but you must still rate some generously. Have a good time on JJ2. DO NOT READ THE BOLD LETTERS IN THIS MESSAGE, IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE SUBLIMINAL. Oops, did I just say that out loud?

I'm goiNg tO do my besT to be impartial and rate all levels fairly, I am just toying around with level ideas so anyone with a completed project is miles beyond me=)

KRSplat
Aug 7, 2002, 12:36 PM
Welcome to this forum of insanity.

Remember, act natural--no! Not THAT natural!

You DON'T have to eat bugs off your fur!

Um... Hehe?

SIDE NOTE: This is my 1000 post.

Violet CLM
Aug 7, 2002, 12:46 PM
Welcome. It is nice to see someone else who obviously likes JJ2 and uses good grammar. (A vanishing trait)

Bobby aka Dizzy
Aug 7, 2002, 12:49 PM
Welcome!

I might add that as soon as you get your copy of jj2, you should be sure to upgrade to version 1.23 and also get the list server patch so you can play online.

You can find both here, http://squeeky.cytag.nl/~haze/files/official/swpatch.shtml#patch

If you have any problems finding the list server you can also connect to games online with this script where you should just open the file, not save it to disk: http://www.jazz2online.com/gip.php

Newspaz
Aug 8, 2002, 02:27 AM
I might want to add that you can get a later version of JJ2 by contacting a dude named Aiko. He still sells a few copies of a add on named "Jazz Jackrabbit: The secret files". This version is downgradeable (however, animations might not show right).

But since the normal JJ2 was included with that add-on he might also have a few copies of the original one.

Michael
Aug 9, 2002, 07:13 AM
Erlo! =p