PDA

View Full Version : food...good or bad?

Ninja Dodo
May 13, 2001, 02:38 AM
Personally I don't like food very much because the sugar rush makes levels too easy. But maybe other people love food and will not like me for not including it in my levels...

any thoughts on this?

UrbanMenace
May 13, 2001, 04:07 AM
In multiplayer, if food is *very* hard to find, it can be good, because it doesn't make you invincible, but is still very useful.

Single player, I don't play much, so I don't have an opinion.

~SPLASH~
May 13, 2001, 04:48 AM
i like food!

without it..single players get way too empty

so food is good

Ninja Dodo
May 13, 2001, 07:05 AM
Maybe I should put food in the levels but just not enough for a sugarrush.

btw Does anyone know how much food it takes to get a sugarrush?

and does the food count start over for each level, or does it keep increasing level after level?

Newspaz
May 13, 2001, 07:17 AM
I kinda like to eat food. I think I would be a lot skinnier without it ;)

Fquist_old
May 13, 2001, 07:50 AM
I think you have to eat 100 food thingies to get a sugar rush..

Alister
May 13, 2001, 09:33 AM
Food is good.

It improves your sense of achievement from completing a level.

~SPLASH~
May 13, 2001, 09:34 AM
it goes on counting after the level ends

it doesnt start from 0

SteelTalon
May 13, 2001, 12:32 PM
Food is good. It fills up the level, gives a sense of eyecandy, and shows your personality by which food you picked and how it fits into the level. Sugar rushes also are fun. And yes, to confirm what they said, the sugar rush requirement is 100 foods, and it carries over levels. =)

ElectroPiZZa
May 13, 2001, 12:55 PM
A big disadvantage of them is that they make me hungry.

- Piz

Aiko
May 13, 2001, 01:46 PM
I don't like the sugar rush music at all :-)

Violet CLM
May 13, 2001, 01:58 PM
A "Thing" is a "Thing". Didya guess? Anyway, the food I put in my levels is whatever type seems to go with the tileset. For example, I used everything that grows I could find when I used "Mountain Trip". I also only put in Pepper Spray. Go figure. However, I do not put in a lot of food because... Well... I just don't think levels need a LOT of food. But then, I am different from you all. We're all individuals! Crowd Choruses: "Yes, we are all individuals!"

UrbanMenace
May 14, 2001, 07:49 AM
Yeah, sugar rush is 100 foods, from the start, even if you die, finish a level, etc.

CannibalBob
May 14, 2001, 04:57 PM
You should put food on battle levels or whatever, but not too much. Don't make the food easy to get! If you put them in little rooms in groups of 4 or 2, then that will suffice. You don't want everyone with a sugar rush (or do you? http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_mad.gif )

Ninja Dodo
May 15, 2001, 01:25 AM
In this case, I'm working on a singleplayer level. I don't like sugar rush. For a certain moment in the game you can just rush through a large portion of the level completely ignoring the carefully balanced situation(s).

So, since everyone seems to like food, I guess I will put a total of 99 foods throughout my levels (it's a levelpack).

UrbanMenace
May 15, 2001, 09:04 AM
Why not put exactly 100, but well hidden?

Assassin
May 15, 2001, 10:49 AM
I would like the food better if it didn't have the sugar rush.

I would like it better if the food was just there for the points and if they had made an extra item for the sugar rush.

But if you don't put 100 of them in a level you won't notice the rush.

Tik
May 17, 2001, 05:43 AM
Yes you will. The amount of food you have in a level before is carried on to the next level. So, if in one level you got 40 food things, then in the next level you will start with 40. If they didn't program it this way, then getting a sugar rush can be hard to do.

Food is very good, just don't overuse it. Besides, sugar rushes add to gameplay. If your pack is hard, the player will want food in order to get a sugar rush that he might kill some of those annoying baddies.

Food is also great in what I call "watching sequences". That's where you move your character into a section of the level where there are a long series of springs, sucker tubes, h and v poles, where you are thrown everywhere without having to press any keys.

Kejero
May 18, 2001, 09:10 AM
as food is the regular ('standard');pickup in all jazz2 levels, for tomb rabbit 2 i came up with something else http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif.... wait 'n see http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

$tilettø
May 18, 2001, 09:32 AM
When is Tombrabbit 2 Coming Kejero ?

~Stil~

Wild Angel
May 18, 2001, 10:17 AM
I like food, except in multi-player when another player gets it you hear the music from it and then there is no music what-so-ever.

$tilettø
May 18, 2001, 10:32 AM
i like Food

but not too Much

Wild Angel
May 18, 2001, 10:43 AM
Try spam, spam is good.

Assassin
May 18, 2001, 10:46 AM
What's spam?

~SPLASH~
May 18, 2001, 11:20 AM
who's spam?

CAPTAAAAIN SPAM http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Tik
May 18, 2001, 06:32 PM
http://www.jzinx.com/pikz/it.gif

YaY! Oh yeah, there is no point to food in multiplayer levels. Kind of worthless =)

UrbanMenace
May 19, 2001, 03:51 AM
We have a big tin of SPAM in our cupboard.

Kaz
May 19, 2001, 12:07 PM
Thank goodness they never put spam into the jj2 database files.

Assassin
May 19, 2001, 08:47 PM
What is spam???

I saw everybody talk about spam on the jmmb and I never understood what it was so WHAT IS IT???

Fear
May 25, 2001, 02:32 PM
I know when tomb rabbit 2 is released, but will not say unless Kejero allows me to. Think its not that big a secret though.

NEway, you could always use the 'fast feet' pickup as an alternative for all that annoying food.

~SPLASH~
May 26, 2001, 01:23 AM
assassin, spam is

STUPID

POINTLESS

ANNOYING

mostly, spam is a very annoying, irrelevant topic/message that doesnt have anything to do with the subject (example: post "my mum is a filthy*peep* in clan talk)

yummy food

now if a stranger asked u to go eat something with him, what would it be?

Fear
May 26, 2001, 10:19 AM
whats with the spam message splash? Is there spam here?

~SPLASH~
May 26, 2001, 10:27 AM
assassin asked http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

UrbanMenace
May 27, 2001, 02:27 AM
Food isn't pointless in multi... it doesn't make you invincible, but you can take hearts off with one touch.

Fear
May 27, 2001, 05:28 AM
But food makes levels look better, depends of course on what food you pick..

Fast feet is an alternative, but there are bound to be others.

Gems of course are okay pickups, specially if you want to make a bonus level (yes its possible, trust me).

But then, what is the next alternative???

Placing it in secret passages you can actually not reach?

Using tiles on a tileset that look just like the food?

hmmmmmz

Kejero
May 27, 2001, 09:02 AM
On , $tilettø wrote:

When is Tombrabbit 2 Coming Kejero ?

should be xmas 2001 -- and thats indeed the one thing not secret about it, fear http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Violet CLM
May 27, 2001, 01:57 PM
The last idea of Fear has merits. Sort of like Tomb Rabbit 1's trigger crate tiles, I guess.

Fear
May 29, 2001, 01:04 PM
*begins to mumble*

Perhaps it does... Speaking of tomb rabbit, I think Ill send kejero another email...... but thats offtopic...

*speaks out loudly*

THE IDEA OF PLACING TILES THAT LOOK LIKE FOOD has one major drawback: you cant pick them up and get points or you have to use a trigger zone but it doesnt get you points....

Perhaps this needs a little more thought

Violet CLM
May 29, 2001, 02:22 PM
Oh, I thought that was the point? Decoy food?

Wild Angel
Jun 1, 2001, 09:37 PM
Hehehe

n0
Jul 9, 2001, 12:45 PM
Kinda off topic, but...

Food should be just one event called food.

Then there should be a type-in-thingy that lets you chose what food you want. Then they could make more events!!!

BTW, Food is good!