PDA

View Full Version : To the future... Read this everyone.

Red_XIII
Aug 12, 2002, 03:04 AM
I've been addicted to UT right now, and as you know, most FPS can have MODs.

Well, I present you...

J3C4UT

Jazz 3 Conversion For Unreal Tournament.

Basically, a conversion from UT, to Jazz 3. Possible? Yes.

I'm looking for people that are interested in UT + Jazz, and that they can use Unreal Editor quite well.

For those who don't know UT,

We'll be converting. Hold on ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:D :D :D

BlazinDragon
Aug 12, 2002, 06:39 AM
It sounds possible... but didnt they make the JJ2 engine with Unreal and it CAUSES mAjOr LaG? :roll:. Find another engine wit no lag or very little.

KRSplat
Aug 12, 2002, 07:04 AM
The JJ3 engine is made from Unreal.

Iwwegil?

Cpp
Aug 12, 2002, 09:32 AM
I was thinking about JJ3 => UT MOD conversion some time ago but as I looked jazz (in mech viewer) I saw he doesn't have all the animations needed for UT so we'd need to make them first. And some more weapons for a mod maybe?

Trafton AT
Aug 12, 2002, 11:35 AM
Hmmm. Very interesting.

FQuist
Aug 12, 2002, 12:08 PM
Quite illegal

||Slim
Aug 12, 2002, 02:19 PM
thats real true.. but the JJ3 to UT Mod makes sense.

Trafton AT
Aug 12, 2002, 03:32 PM
Without Epic's permission, yes, this is 100% illegal. But it's still an interesting, albeit legally dumb, idea.

defalcon
Aug 13, 2002, 12:47 AM
Forget UT, use UT2003. ;P
Illegal to use characters directly, but original rabbits, in a VERY similar universe, with VERY similar weapons...

Fawriel
Aug 13, 2002, 03:24 AM
We could just use other furries!
Phoenix has a whole palette of characters in her gallery.
And she isn't the only one!

Red_XIII
Aug 13, 2002, 03:49 AM
Tehehehehe.

Let's call the characters Jazzerous and Loriuos and stuff. Lol.

Has anyone got any ideas? Post them here.

A list of people working on it so far

Me: BOSS. FEAR ME. MWAHAHHAHA. :p
defalcon: "Leave me out of the list. I may suck at modelling"
Disguise: Textures creator (Tilesets for UT basically)

Beta-testers
SliM, Deadlock

Also, we're deciding whether to have it as a UT 2003 mod or start it on UT... hmm :p

Anyway, anyone who wants to ask Epic if this is okay, go ahead [the copyright characters etc] :D

Well. I'm too lazy.. it's too early in the morning..

zzzzzzzzzZZZzzzzzzZZZzzzzzzZZzzzz.

||Slim
Aug 13, 2002, 05:35 AM
UT2003, no doubt there..

Txl Kill
Aug 19, 2002, 06:11 AM
Normal im against illegal stuff... but really what are they going to do? No one takes credit for it.. they have nothing to do against us... even if they are not that lazy to even come after the makers... its not like were making money off it so they arnt losing anything either... Ahh well A TC (Total Conversions) are about 3x Harder to make then normal mods because your changing the whole coding of the game to make it the way you want... well i would like to be in on this i could do animation for 3d modeling...

Super Saiyan
Aug 19, 2002, 06:18 AM
Go go go go Red! :D

(stupid sniper!, which shooted me 100x through my head)

~SPLASH~
Aug 19, 2002, 01:42 PM
There are Metroid mods for UT, there are MegaMan X mods for UT, there are Dragon Ball Z mods for Quake, but when someone comes with the idea to create a Jazz mod, it won't be made because it is 'illegal'!? Wooh, I am so scared of Epic..they might come over to my house and shoot me with a rifle!:p Serious now, I don't see the problem. Heck, if the mod was made, there is also a possibility Epic wants to release this to boost Jazz's popularity..and to add some variety to Unreal Tournament!

Trafton AT
Aug 19, 2002, 01:46 PM
I like the idea. I dobut Epic would care.

Cpp
Aug 20, 2002, 08:18 AM
SO LET'S ASK SOME UT FANS TO DO IT!

Krezack
Aug 21, 2002, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by Txl Kill
Normal im against illegal stuff... but really what are they going to do? No one takes credit for it.. they have nothing to do against us... even if they are not that lazy to even come after the makers... its not like were making money off it so they arnt losing anything either... Ahh well A TC (Total Conversions) are about 3x Harder to make then normal mods because your changing the whole coding of the game to make it the way you want... well i would like to be in on this i could do animation for 3d modeling...

If they get hold of your IP (from geocities if you host it there or from your own hosted site or whatever) they can simply contact your ISP. Boom name, number, street. Everything. Go from there.

Red_XIII
Aug 21, 2002, 07:53 AM
I have dial up. > : )

Or.. we could do something else.. like original characters etc. :D

acid
Aug 21, 2002, 05:08 PM
I have not played any unreal game, but if it has something to do with Jazz, I'm all for it.

BTW, if it says original characters, can we use our own Jazz characters? (I E Acid, Moonblaze, etc.)

Red_XIII
Aug 22, 2002, 02:20 AM
No.

I thought about using Jazz characters such as I dunno, Moonblaze, etc. But, then, people would be annoyed with us for not putting them in. I thought I might be able to create a program later to help make custom skins etc... right now, the project is paused. :D We're waiting for UT 2003 to come out. :D

Oh yeah also, any direct questions can be asked to me through

AiM: TonyConker2
Y!: tony_qin2001
MSN:tonyconker@hotmail.com

Also, everyone join my birthday bash on the 27th!!!! :D:D:D Ask me then also. [I doubt anyone will join :roll: ]

*big hint on someone to post a thread on his birfday* :D

Bongoe
Aug 22, 2002, 12:15 PM
Sounds fun, I'm up for it. Where can you get it though?

defalcon
Aug 23, 2002, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by ~SPLASH~
There are Metroid mods for UT, there are MegaMan X mods for UT, there are Dragon Ball Z mods for Quake, but when someone comes with the idea to create a Jazz mod, it won't be made because it is 'illegal'!? Wooh, I am so scared of Epic..they might come over to my house and shoot me with a rifle!:p Serious now, I don't see the problem. Heck, if the mod was made, there is also a possibility Epic wants to release this to boost Jazz's popularity..and to add some variety to Unreal Tournament!
Well, some of the DBZ mods for Q3 ran into legal problems and nearly got shut down. :p
Oh, Splash posted? I thought you'd left. :)

Tmansdc
Aug 23, 2002, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by ||Slim
UT2003, no doubt there..

no, have it be on UT. my video card (geforce 2MX 32MB) is too slow to run UT2003 or U2. HAVE IT BE ON UT!

thumper cc
Aug 24, 2002, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Red_XIII
[B]No.

I thought about using Jazz characters such as I dunno, Moonblaze, etc. But, then, people would be annoyed with us for not putting them in.

hold a tournament like jdc, the top ten get to be in it, the best will get to be the heroes, the others will be bad guys

Red_XIII
Aug 25, 2002, 12:19 AM
No. :)

That would be unfair on the others... I'll try to make as much models/skins as possible, have a requested page. In the end though, it will be based on different characters not,

RED_XIII THE RABBIT.

:p

Fawriel
Aug 25, 2002, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by thumper cc

hold a tournament like jdc, the top ten get to be in it, the best will get to be the heroes, the others will be bad guys

Nah,way too unfair(especially since I can't play online...)!
IF this was going to happen,there should be some kind of a poll including the most popular Jazzers and let the community choose!

Red_XIII
Aug 26, 2002, 02:07 AM
Well.. as I said before, MAKE YOUR OWN FOOLS :)

Txl Kill
Aug 26, 2002, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Krezack

If they get hold of your IP (from geocities if you host it there or from your own hosted site or whatever) they can simply contact your ISP. Boom name, number, street. Everything. Go from there.

What are they going to do..? **** ill freaking host it for everyone if they want i dont give a crap if epic tries to sue me lol.. they have nothing against me... "All i did was host a file i didnt know it was illegal" The creation team wouldnt be found so who gives a ****

Txl Kill
Aug 26, 2002, 02:54 PM
No there should not be anyone named anything about jazz 2 players.. It should keep Jazz , Spaz and u can be diffrent colors... I could start a mod like this easy for HL but not UT

Trafton AT
Aug 26, 2002, 03:41 PM
What about Lori?

defalcon
Aug 27, 2002, 04:01 AM
Originally posted by thumper cc
Wouldn't be very fair. ;P
Originally posted by Tmansdc
no, have it be on UT. my video card (geforce 2MX 32MB) is too slow to run UT2003 or U2. HAVE IT BE ON UT!
Get a better comp...the UT engine is aging and too old. Ut2003 is the most advanced engine on the market to date (with karma physics!) and has greater mod support.
Originally posted by Trafton AT
What about Lori?
Illegal

acid
Aug 27, 2002, 05:37 AM
Would they have a liscense on Razz?

~SPLASH~
Aug 28, 2002, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by defalcon

Well, some of the DBZ mods for Q3 ran into legal problems and nearly got shut down. :p
Oh, Splash posted? I thought you'd left. :)
That;s right, DBZ Bid For Power got 'cancelled', and after that the creators switched to non-existing characters. If a Jazz mod runs into the same problems, then it is better to use non-existing characters, as you mentioned before...

Just because I don't play Jazz anymore doesn't mean I am not allowed to come running into the Tavern and start kicking people in the nuts ;)

Iam Canadian
Aug 28, 2002, 07:40 PM
Who CARES if a Jazz MOD is illegal. Heck, in other communities (coughEarthboundcough) they ENCOURAGE making things like MODS based on it, or even whole new games. They HACK their game's programming! And that's only one example. And I have a huge collection of ROMS and shared files. If Nintendo or SEGA can't/won't do anything, why would Epic?

defalcon
Aug 28, 2002, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Iam Canadian
Who CARES if a Jazz MOD is illegal. Heck, in other communities (coughEarthboundcough) they ENCOURAGE making things like MODS based on it, or even whole new games. They HACK their game's programming! And that's only one example. And I have a huge collection of ROMS and shared files. If Nintendo or SEGA can't/won't do anything, why would Epic?
Their hacked roms are illegal, end of story. ;P And Epic seems slightly more testy than they do. 'Tis easy for them if they needed to, afaik.
Oh, and besides, if you don't care if it's illegal and want to continue, do it somewhere else, this board doesn't condone illegal activity.

Txl Kill
Aug 29, 2002, 07:57 AM
Umm I have the BID FOR POWER mod with the DBZ charaters before it got relased its quite good i love it!

Super Saiyan
Aug 29, 2002, 01:16 PM
Why we just dont make Jazz Charakters with a bit other style and a other name :) That wont be copyright anymore for Epic :p

Trafton AT
Aug 29, 2002, 01:17 PM
The Engine will be. The Unreal Tournament engine is owned by Epic. You can't escape 'em. ;)

defalcon
Aug 29, 2002, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Txl Kill
Umm I have the BID FOR POWER mod with the DBZ charaters before it got relased its quite good i love it!
You mean release candidate version? Go download version 1.2 and get Rodney's DBZ pack. ;P

Red_XIII
Aug 31, 2002, 01:40 AM
EDIT: OMG PAGE CLAIM!!!

I have said it once, I'll say it again. :D

We do not do anything illegal. Txl Kill, go make your own mod if ya want Jazz characters. I am not gonna actually do that unless I want Epic to sue me.

I'm having ideas that the character shall be called

"Max Mazzrabbit ~ The Epic Story." :) [A blue rabbit? I dunno]

I've got 3Ds max now... so all I gotta do is get this download moving. Heh.

So BIG WOOP! MM2K is going well!

[Max Mazzrabbit 2000]

Thanks all for your co-operation, please do not discuss anything illegal for us to do. WE WON'T DO IT.

[Although Jazz 3 does sound good. Lol]

Fawriel
Aug 31, 2002, 02:11 AM
Max Mazzrabbit?:\
Dun like it!:o

Trafton AT
Aug 31, 2002, 02:14 PM
Max Mazrabbit? Puh-lease. If you are going to create a character, at least you need to name it uniqely. Besides, Mazrabbit doesn't make sense. :p

I am not exactly fond of heroes names Max. It brings me to think of those melodramatic robot transformer commercials with the hyperactive shouting kids who act like plastic toys are ultra-powerful. :roll:

Red_XIII
Sep 1, 2002, 02:08 AM
Lol. Max Mazzrabbit was a joke.. :p

Anyway, gimme some ideas for name. NOTHING LIKE:

"Moonblaze: Moonblaze MankyRabbit"

Lol :)

I'm thinking of ORIGINAL names. Contribute people! :D

Fawriel
Sep 1, 2002, 03:48 AM
I still think we should make a poll fer that!:o

Trafton AT
Sep 1, 2002, 10:06 AM
Then make it, Piccolo :p

Fawriel
Sep 1, 2002, 10:15 AM
That's the job of the guy who MAKES the game.
After all,it wouldn't be easy to choose the characters...
or wait,list of useable furrys:
Pho
Fawriel
acid
MoonBlaze
Noogy(:D Well,maybe)
Hail
Skulg
Gummy(does she have one?)
Ducky
N0B0DY

Mmm,was that all the furrys we have here?
I bet not!:p
(But these are 10 and would fit a poll!)

Red_XIII
Sep 2, 2002, 02:45 AM
No. :p. The rest of the community would argue etc.

Make original names.

Piccolo, which bit of <b>ORIGINAL</b> do you not understand? :P

And I'm making the game. I'm thinking, I want ideas from fellow Jazzers. :D

4I Falcon
Sep 2, 2002, 09:58 AM
Yarrgble the Evil Guy!

*is shot*

Fawriel
Sep 4, 2002, 09:01 AM
If that thing is going to be as original as your RFF,we can forget about that:o

Nadine
Sep 11, 2002, 11:34 PM
Oh, haven't been here in a while, or playing Jazz 2. I guess college makes me quite busy!

Anyhow, I suggested this before I think, and I like the idea. I don't know how testy Epic is, but hey, if they won't make Jazz 3 than we must, right? Why do they hate the green rabbit? Maybe his last game didn't do so well, but that could have been for several reasons. Why do they just think people hate the combo of cute and violence? Besides, Jazz needs MORE violence I think.

I like the idea, but please do me a favour: also make it compatible with regular Unreal, because I don't have UT. And seriously, how much more powerful is UT than Unreal? Or you could make it compatible with Elite Force, since I also have that, but I don't know how easy that is. I just want atleast a Jazz model with taunts, but a whole game would totally rule.

It IS risky though. But what if it becomes kind of like CounterStrike and then Epic puts it out there to make money! And then Jazz has a future again! Well, if you ask me, that sounds like it's worth the risk of getting sued! Well, not really. :rolleyes:

JanusJackrabbit
Sep 12, 2002, 06:43 AM
Or Jedi Outcast.:rolleyes:

Fawriel
Sep 12, 2002, 06:50 AM
Red,are you still there?

I have a simple question...
how many characters could ya make for that game???

Red_XIII
Sep 13, 2002, 11:53 PM
I can't go on the internet for a long time... Only on weekends, soz... Mum grounded me ;P etc.. Long story...

Anyway, we'll have probably 2 or 3 or 4 major characters, some NPCs... but like UT, extra modelled characters..

Trafton AT
Sep 14, 2002, 01:18 PM
Any release date scheduled yet?

Fawriel
Sep 14, 2002, 11:24 PM
I still think we should make that poll so the most popular guys here who actually have a character will get some.
I mean,if Bid for Power was an UT mod,you can make tons of chars,it even had Puypuy!:p

Trafton AT
Sep 15, 2002, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Piccolo
I still think we should make that poll so the most popular guys here who actually have a character will get some.
I mean,if Bid for Power was an UT mod,you can make tons of chars,it even had Puypuy!:p

I don't think making it into a popularity contest would be any good for the community. Besides, we could basically just put in every DM member and JCF/J2O admin and we would have the poll results. ;)

~SPLASH~
Sep 23, 2002, 06:32 AM
I'd go for non-existing characters, and the ability to expand the list of characters by being able to skin your own character...

Trafton AT
Sep 23, 2002, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by ~SPLASH~
I'd go for non-existing characters, and the ability to expand the list of characters by being able to skin your own character...

This is an interesting idea.

If we were to have skins, we wouldn't have the seemingly looming fights over "I think Tyf should be in JJ3!" or "No, EvilMike and Bobbu deserve spots!"

However, my big question is, what kind of new special attacks could they have? After all, there's only so much attacks possible that would look smooth. Adding more rabbits would gradually start to be less and less creative. We'll likely just start slapping on names: Gazz, Hazz, Kazz, Lazz, etc. It just wouldn't be in the spirit of Jazz Jackrabbit.

Fawriel
Sep 24, 2002, 07:14 AM
And what about a mixture of both?
Think about this:
A PhoenixWing style cat
A Scary Sarry style Winged cat.
A rabbit.(Yeah,we have lots of those:D)
A weasel(my style,bleh:p)
A N0B0DY style Echnida
And so on.
As long as we can give them new colours and such,everybody is happy,right?

PS:Think about gender as well,eh!:D

thauglor
Oct 14, 2002, 04:18 PM
I am sure that with the combined skills of the JazzCF we could create a UT2003 mod based on Jazz. Renaming the characters, changing the weapons and creating new models based on the Jazz crew (eg Turtles, Jackrabbits, etc) would become legal. Also, has anyone actually asked epic at all. Who knows...they may let you use the rights. They may enjoy the publicity and overall recognition of Jazz.

Nadine
Oct 14, 2002, 09:15 PM
I want to get into making mods, and get into the gaming industry, but at the current time I don't have the knowledge or software to make 3D characters, or such things. What I was going to try to do was take the Jazz from the original Jazz Jackrabbit from the '3D' bonus stages, and add the additional angles and animations necessary to make Jazz playable in Duke Nukem 3D.

Ofcourse until I set up my PC to be dual-booted (because I have Windows XP), I can no longer even PLAY Jazz 1 or Duke 3D let alone try to learn how to make Jazz playable in it.

My one suggestion to this project: if you don't want to make the mod for Unreal or Elite Force, atleast make it a fangame that runs on it's own so you don't need to own the shootemup to play it. There are SO MANY FPS out there, and you really want your hard work to be enjoyed by as many Jazz fans as possible.

If you don't want Epic up your ***, than just start with making a Jazz model for FPS with taunts, and make Jazz look really like him - really study Nick Stadler's art to learn how Jazz looks. Start small before you really get involved with the whole mod. Start with Jazz, make him perfect, then do Spaz, etc.

I love the idea. I hope you will do it. I only wish I could help... the only way I can help right now is 2D drawings. If you need any 2D art, I'm a real good drawer. I'm a rookie animator, only finished one animation class in college with great marks, but that's the intro course. Let me know if I can be of help to you in the drawing department. Ofcourse, I'm still practicing Jazz trying to get good at him. He still looks too much like 'my' Jazz than Nick's.

ElectroPiZZa
Oct 15, 2002, 08:25 AM
OMG PROGRESS ON JAZ JAKRABIT 4 IS COMPLETE AND SCHEDULD FOR RELESE!!!!!!!!!!1111 THIS MOD FOR UNRELE CHAMPINSHIP TORMANENT LEGUE LEGEON OF DOOM AND DESTRUCTION 3004: NUCLEAR BOOGALO IS BY ONLY ONE MEMBAR AND IE XPACT TO MAKE LOTS OF MONAYS FROM IT!!!!!!!!

I AM DOEN WITH TEH PLAYAR MODAL FOR JAZ JAKREBAT!!1 ITS ONLAY THRE POLAYS!!!!!11 OMG LOLOL I DID IT AL BY MYSALF!!! U LIEK???? WE HAV MANY OTHAR EXITING FETURES LIEK TEH ABILITY 2 CONTROL JAZ TEH JUMPBUNY WITH UR KEEBORD!!!!! OMGOMGOMG!!!!!1

SO LOEK FOR JAZ JAKRABIT 4 COMENG 2 A DOWNLOED SERVR NERE U!!!!!!!!11

$tilettø
Oct 15, 2002, 08:41 AM
Cool piz man

Nemesis
Oct 17, 2002, 04:41 AM
On the issue of legal or not...

They will find anyone responsible, and they will take your money. Companies can do that. And if you think they can't do anything to you, because you "didn't know it was illegal", you will get screwed over anyway, because "ignorance is no excuse". You can't steal something, get caught and use "I didn't know it was illegal to steal" as an excuse. In this case, it's JUST like accepting stolen goods. Not worth it. And don't get complacent just because you're on a dial-up. That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard, they're not trying to get to your computer, they're getting to YOU, and they do that via your ISP.

Characters? Make entirely new ones. New names and everything. Do NOT base the characters on people from this community. You'll only start fights. If you put one character from this community into the game, you have to put them all. There are too many. So just come up with original ones.

I say UT. You don't need the power of a newer engine for such a game. UT will do just fine.

And if you get around to doing this, make it cel-shaded. Keep Jazz as much the way it is already as you can.