PDA

View Full Version : Sketch for a CG Painting, and a self portrait

Nemesis
Aug 13, 2002, 04:26 AM
Right, I have this sketch thingy I decided to show you all before I start painting it. See what you think. I hate drawing the human face from the bottom, so I didn't bother much with that. :)

http://www.pencilpen.com/artists/Nemesis/deathmetalcover.jpg

While I'm at it, here's the self portrait I submitted to the Australian National Portrait Gallery for some exhibition thingy. There are apparently around 700 entrants from all over Australia, and they're only accepting 150... So I don't think I'll get in (and the one I submitted doesn't have the wording that this one has)...

http://www.pencilpen.com/artists/Nemesis/selfportrait.jpg

Tell me what ye think! Mainly on the one I call the "Death Metal Album Cover", because it looks like something you'd find on an In Flames CD or The Haunted or something. :)

Fawriel
Aug 13, 2002, 04:31 AM
I don't really like the upper one...

But the second kicks chicken wings!:D
(So Derby won't have to replace that!;) )

Nemesis
Aug 13, 2002, 04:34 AM
I had a feeling not everyone would find the upper one pleasant. Plus, it wasn't a good quality scan. I'll see what I come up with tomorrow, or whenever I decide to start painting it.

Funny, I only just posted this, too.

[edit] Might I also ask, why don't you like the first one? I don't particularly like it when somebody doesn't like my art and doesn't give me a reason, to be honest...

GuMmYBeAr!
Aug 13, 2002, 09:53 AM
I.. so.. love you. ;-;

*clings tightly and worships*

Wild Angel
Aug 13, 2002, 12:03 PM
Very nice. I love the concept on the top one. It's lovely. The bottom one is very nice, too. You're a good artist. ^.^;;

Human faces aren't that hard, just a pain. I always found eyes a pain in the butt. I can draw anime eyes and such, those are easy. Human eyes become to be a pain in the butt. I have a few sketches of them, but I don't shade or anything, just sketch them out lightly on paper.

`Wildie

Kaz
Aug 13, 2002, 01:42 PM
they're both very nice in their catergory, but I think the second one has an unsymmetrical nose.

Nemesis
Aug 13, 2002, 03:00 PM
Wild: Eyes are easy. :) I left them out so that the words would make sense.

Kaz: Hrm, you're right. I can fix that quite easily. Plus, the illusion that white appears larger than other colours might be affecting it. Meh.

Thanks for the comments everyone. :)

Wild Angel
Aug 13, 2002, 04:08 PM
Psht. I'm right handed. I always the the left eye (right eye from a sketching view) really perfect, and I go to do the right and it's all messed up. >.<;;

`Wildie

Nemesis
Aug 14, 2002, 12:19 AM
I'm right-handed too. Just practice drawing eyes. More and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more. :)

Nemesis
Aug 21, 2002, 03:15 AM
Am I better than I thought?

My self portrait was for an exhibition called "Headspace". This is an exhibition where self portraits from all over Australia are submitted, but they only put up 150. Last year, 700 were submitted. This year, apparently, a lot more were submitted... And I was one of the 150 selected for the exhibition, which (I think) is a good thing.

Thought it was relevant news. I'm pretty happy about it. :)

Fawriel
Aug 21, 2002, 04:14 AM
Woopee!:D

defalcon
Aug 21, 2002, 05:41 AM
Congrats on teh gallery thingie dude. :)
Originally posted by GuMmYBeAr!
I.. so.. love you. ;-;

*clings tightly and worships*
Darn! You've been back for a week and you have Tyf worshipping you! :D

Nemesis
Aug 21, 2002, 05:54 AM
Heehee. :)

Wild Angel
Aug 21, 2002, 10:40 AM
0.o;;;

`Wildie