Aug 24, 2002, 02:30 PM
Better late than never:

on 8/24/02 4:05 AM, Refalm at (...) wrote:
Hello Burger,
>
> I'd like to ask you a question about the Jazz
> Jackrabbit 2 list server.
> I can't connect to it, and I've noticed that it's not
> there. Could you reply to me what happened with it?
>
> Thanks in forward,
>
> Refalm.

There was an ISP glitch. The list server is up now.

Burger

So... what was DDL_Klein talking about? He wasn't responcible for the list server going down!

As always, Burger chose the wrong ISP, switched ISP's or called up the ISP's helpdesk, and when he done that, the list server is fixed again.

Derby: Content edit. A word may have been removed from the filter because the JCF members know how to use it correctly, but just because trust has been put into you for avoiding the improper usage, does not mean that you should continue to use it that way.

MaGoo
Aug 24, 2002, 03:57 PM
Never use AOL. It destroys your computer, and there's better out there.

Refalm
Aug 25, 2002, 02:02 AM
Derby: Content edit. A word may have been removed from the filter because the JCF members know how to use it correctly, but just because trust has been put into you for avoiding the improper usage, does not mean that you should continue to use it that way.

Sorry... I had no idea... I masked my personal e-mail address, because I haven't recieved any spam on it yet, and I'd like to keep it that way.

Refalm
Aug 25, 2002, 01:09 PM
Geez... I shouldn't have included "MSN" in the poll...

Common' people, there are far better ISP's than MSN!

Monolith
Aug 25, 2002, 06:50 PM
Those first three choices shouldn't even be listed. I've heard good things about Speakeasy, but I'm not sure why you're even asking this.

Refalm
Aug 26, 2002, 12:09 PM
Monolith: Those first three choices shouldn't even be listed. I've heard good things about Speakeasy, but I'm not sure why you're even asking this.

1) Burger has chosen the wrong ISP for two times now... maybe JCF can help him make the best choice :P

2) I don't live in the United States, so I don't know the ISP's there.

Trafton AT
Aug 26, 2002, 04:37 PM
MSN isn't very good. I can't believe you ever mentioned the insidious name of AOL.

Also, Excite@Home is bankrupt. It would be hard to get Internet from them. My cat is a more reliable ISP, and it doesn't have millions in debt.

<Crono>
Aug 26, 2002, 06:01 PM
What word was it?

Trafton AT
Aug 26, 2002, 06:04 PM
I was wondering that, too, but it really isn't necessary to know. The admins know what they are doing, and we don't really need to start an argument over it.

$tilettø
Aug 31, 2002, 11:12 PM
Chello @home are the best

MxStream is ok if seen it in action and it would only get a speed of 50 kb/s 512 trough

||Slim
Sep 1, 2002, 04:02 AM
verizon dsl is good for uptime, you barely get cut off or anything really.

FQuist
Sep 1, 2002, 04:02 AM
Chello is good? You're out of your mind. Maybe for you, but chello often just sucks. The list servers would be down every week.

Refalm
Sep 1, 2002, 07:02 AM
I voted chello :roll:

$tilettø
Sep 1, 2002, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Fquist
Chello is good? You're out of your mind. Maybe for you, but chello often just sucks. The list servers would be down every week.
Yeah i heard that it is good and seen screenies
they get good d/l speed

comparing to my ISP

Rendo (http://www.rendo.dekooi.nl) it is the best

and whats your ISP Fquist?

FQuist
Sep 1, 2002, 09:06 AM
I have Chello.

Why do you think Chello is almost bankrupt? They suck. Their service sucks. For half of the people it's slow and often down..

Trafton AT
Sep 1, 2002, 09:51 AM
OK. Now I am scared. MSN is winning? Did people put on a blindfold and throw a dart? :eek:

Both Consumer Reports and PC Magazine agree MSN ranked near the bottom of the heap in reliability. Optimum Online and Roadrunner Communications both received very good grades. AT&T did as well last year, but fell down this year. Excite@home is DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! which means it is not even a choice.

Tubz
Sep 2, 2002, 10:46 AM
This is a very good idea for a poll, why? Well, it can help people in deciding what internet is the best to buy.

I chose Other, because I have a internet called WalMart-Connect and although I make fun of it sometimes, it's pretty dang good!

BTW, WalMart-Connect is based on an AOL Engine, so it has AIM included with it, and it's only $10 a month, hahahaha!

$tilettø
Sep 2, 2002, 11:46 AM
campus@mtricht is Very good
Luna
BabyXL also

DarkShadow
Sep 7, 2002, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by JJ Tublear
This is a very good idea for a poll, why? Well, it can help people in deciding what internet is the best to buy.

I chose Other, because I have a internet called WalMart-Connect and although I make fun of it sometimes, it's pretty dang good!

BTW, WalMart-Connect is based on an AOL Engine, so it has AIM included with it, and it's only $10 a month, hahahaha!

Well I only pay $9.99 a month for my isp (localnet)
It is available about anywhere in the US

Ha Ha, I Own J00!!

In 10000 years I would have saved $1,200 more than you HAHAHA. You'll be on the street beaging and I'll be inside my mansion pointing and laughing..!11

Ha Ha.

;-P

Blade
Sep 20, 2002, 06:38 AM
Vote for the MSN. MSN's easy & simple, those two things make it best. But it is buggy and it is once again a try from Microsoft to enslave the world :) Still I think it's the best.

$tilettø
Sep 24, 2002, 07:49 AM
*other*
Vote FoR MAXstream by Planet it realy Rocks

We have it on shool and it is Supaaah Fast